Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 654 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 806 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Red Rash

The Mount signing alone - for £55m with a £250k per week contract - is a sackable offence by itself, before you even get onto the mountain of other issues.
Agreed but it's a sackable offence for our negotiators. ETH isn't the one going to the negotiation table and determining the fee and wages.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why play Lindelof left back when we have Reguilon?

Why play Evans at centre half when he's
our 5th choice?

Why play Bruno out on the right when he plays through the middle?

Why is Rashford starting instead of Garnacho when he's out of form?

Why is McTominay starting ahead of Mount when we paid 60m for him.

What is going on?
This. Keep peddling the injuries excuse but you can’t excuse the weird tactics and team selection.

Yakuza_devils

Where is the attacking and relentless football promised?

The fact that he watched Antony train everyday in Ajax and yet signed him 100M euro alone is a sackable offend. His signings are all suspects (I know it's supposed to be Murtough's job)

Woziak

Time to man up or get out for ETH. It’s just so dire, this guy doesn’t get it even with Mourinho’s drab performances he still faced up to his oppositional managers, ETH is a complete damp squib right now!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not that it matters, but Fred was a Mourinho signing.
Indeed. Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane were his.

Only Ronaldo did have a decent season from that bunch, as Varane is just too unreliable, even if great when fit

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Who do we go for though to replace him? Its turned into a graveyard for managers at this rate. Maybe zidane.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
He’ll be gone and we’ll have (insert saviour here) in for the start of next season. Maybe some lampard type standing in as caretaker but then he’ll do well. So we’ll scrap (insert saviour here) and stick with TempBoss. And the merry go round continues.

It’s about as predictable as it gets. We’re run by absolute morons who have no idea how to actually help build a successful football side.

Ten hag has been terrible these last few months, but it’s a result of poor transfer strategy and keeping players who we all know cannot play a progressive style.

It will not change getting someone else in.
But our owners are not being punished. They are being rewarded. The club having a £1bn turnover is their aim and it doesn't matter if the team is unsuccessful. Haven't the Dallas Cowboys under achieved for years but are worth a tonne? That's their model. It isn't incompetence. They just don't care.

Cathy Ferguson

I want sacked but I know its just an endless cycle. If he goes Murtough has to follow.
Yes. When ETH is fired in January or May Murtough should follow him out.

As I have said several times the signings of Mount and Antony will cost ETH his job.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's a shame but I think his time is up. He's unable to influence the players at this moment. We've regressed from last season, and the team now lacks character and substance. This isn't a man who has the dressing room.

In another universe he could've been successful, had he signed the right players and not just those he's familiar with. A complete waste of hundreds of millions on more of the same.

We won't sack him now though, we know how we act as a club. We'll wait till it gets much much worse, till we're out of all competitions and with no hope of a CL spot.
Give him time....remember Fergie in his early days?
Give him 5-6-7 years it needs to be. If not give him TEN.

PSV

Comparison to 10 games in the seasons Jose and Ole were sacked.

BossPlWDLGDPts
Jose1052317-1717p
Ole1052319-1517p
Erik1050511-1615p

redshaw

Certainly not helped himself with his recruitment. I did say he needs big support in the club though when he came here, a good coach at the wrong club.

85m on Antony, 60m on Mount and we're here again stacked to the fecking brim with attacking mids. it's been the case for 10 fecking years. We desperately need some quality ball playing midfielders, able bodied that can play in 3 man to control games.

We get Matic in and Casemiro that have about 5 months each.

Malone_Post

His tactics, team selections, substitutions & transfers are all horrifically bad. He managed to put out an awful team today and still find a way to make it worse with every change he made. It’s almost impressive.

MadMike

He’s on borrowed time imo.

You cannot spend the money he has spent and look so utterly clueless. We’ve been playing like a group of randoms assembled last week ago. No cohesion at all, no idea how to attack.

His team selection is also utterly bizarre in 4 games out of 5. He has no idea what to do and how to turn it around.

Lay

Yes. When ETH is fired in January or May Murtough should follow him out.

As I have said several times the signings of Mount and Antony will cost ETH his job.
Persisting with Bruno and Rashford will also cost him his job.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Honestly if we drop EtH before any changes are made at the top of the club and continued lack of investment in facilities I'm not sure why anyone can for one sec think it will get better after what ...5 managers?
Very few managers in world football spend over £400 million in 12 months and have almost total control over who Is bought.

His signings have made us worse. His tactics are dreadful. His in game management is non existent. His substitutions are usually too late and are mostly poor.

We get tactically outclassed by the majority of teams we play. We don’t score goals. We concede goals like a leaky sieve.

What exactly is ETH doing that deserves time?

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Certainly not helped himself with his recruitment. I did say he needs big support in the club though when he came here, a good coach at the wrong club.

85m on Antony, 60m on Mount and we're here again stacked to the fecking brim with attacking mids. it's been the case for 10 fecking years. We desperately need some quality ball playing midfielders, able bodied that can play in 3 man to control games.

We get Matic in and Casemiro that have about 5 months each.
He isnt a good coach. The constant batterings show that. No excuses.

Zora

He’s on borrowed time imo.

You cannot spend the money he has spent and look so utterly clueless. We’ve been playing like a group of randoms assembled last week ago. No cohesion at all, no idea how to attack.

His team selection is also utterly bizarre in 4 games out of 5.
He isn’t good enough but no one is.

Until this grand old club gets a reboot, nothing will change. I’ve even seen calls for Pochettino. It’s laughable how short term some of you are - he’s going to encounter exactly the same issues as Ole, Ten Hag etc.

Jose was right.

Cathy Ferguson

Who do we go for though to replace him? Its turned into a graveyard for managers at this rate. Maybe zidane.
I hold Gary O'Neil in high regards. Howe has shown that you can move from a smaller club to a bigger one. De Zerbi is also very interesting. There is no Pep or Klopp out there.

Sanchez7

Should be sacked. He has been given more than enough resources to serve up better than we have this season. I don't expect us to compete against City, but we have been absolute rubbish in every game this season except the cup match vs Palace.

Yes, Glazers and the management have been terrible but the manager has been backed with lot of singings and so far not a single player looks up to the standard. Not a single player!

Liverpool went through a plethora of managers before they stumbled upon Klopp. It looks like we will have to go down a similar route until we find the one and sometimes that may mean firing a manager who isn't solely at fault but that's part of the job description.

Woziak

Where is the attacking and relentless football promised?

The fact that he watched Antony train everyday in Ajax and yet signed him 100M euro alone is a sackable offend. His signings are all suspects (I know it's supposed to be Murtough's job)
It’s time for both to go and Arnold, United needs a complete reset right now and start from the bottom.

crossy1686

career ending
He’ll be gone and we’ll have (insert saviour here) in for the start of next season. Maybe some lampard type standing in as caretaker but then he’ll do well. So we’ll scrap (insert saviour here) and stick with TempBoss. And the merry go round continues.

It’s about as predictable as it gets. We’re run by absolute morons who have no idea how to actually help build a successful football side.

Ten hag has been terrible these last few months, but it’s a result of poor transfer strategy and keeping players who we all know cannot play a progressive style.

It will not change getting someone else in.
I wonder if the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, Villa, Arsenal etc all thought the same before they sacked their managers and got a better one in.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Don't kill me for this view, I like him but he has to go.

he's gone from trying to play progressive attacking football to being absolutely soul destroyed, stumbled past 2 teams that United have the quality to paste in the last week and his tactics today were baffling.
I know it's a makeshift back 5 but Bruno on the right was a shocker, it allowed Grealish, Bernardo and Gvaridol to do as they pleased, it removed Bruno from getting on the ball and knocking in through passes one of the few things he excels at, he played McTominay as they weird kind of Frank Lampard role and left Amrabat with an ancient Eriksn to try and stop an attacking midfield of Grealish, Bernardo, Foden and Alvarez.

Then he subs off his no.9 (who did look ok and best of Uniteds front 3 imho) waits till the game is dead to bring on any players with a chance of getting you back in the game. Not to mention United played the last 10 minutes like a team who were angry and had downed tools at the same time.

Good manager but it hasn't worked out I feel and he's so desperate he's making things worse.
He's never tried progressive attacking football his entire time here.

Eplel

How much more money should have been spent for it not to be a shambolic amount?
It's not the amount that matters, it's the quality of players. We've spent obscene amounts on Sancho, Maguire, and many other shits that ETH inherited.

philippexyz

I knew he's going to get sacked eventually, relatively soon when I realized how shit Antony is and he spent 100m euros on him. While knowing Antony and his limitations as his former manager.

That was around December last year.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't think ETH wanted hojlund over kane or arambrat over rice , he wanted these players but like every window , glazers don't deliver, we need 500 mil every window if we need to improve , city is doing that they changed players every season since 2009 till they got what they wanted
Indeed, he has done tremendous job and has been let down by the owners so badly. You can see what he can do when he gets the players he specifically wants like Antony and Mount.

DavelinaJolie

I don't want to see the club get on the managerial carousel again... but jeez this has a very familiar stink to it.

Lay

How much more money should we give him to spend? This is for the those that are ETH in

TsuWave

Changing managers because one has had a bad patch whilst ignoring all context makes even less sense.
Bad patch :lol:

We've been generally shite under him. If anything - any good period that we might have had (and I can't think of a period, maybe 2 or 3 performances) were the patch.

-5 GD. 5 Losses in 10 games. 11 goals scored <- this is what you're defending

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's had a rough go of it with all the injuries and off-field bullshit around the club, but he's not doing himself many favours.

The inexplicable selection decisions are starting to pile up:
  • Bruno on the wing has worked precisely once, against Barca, and he just keeps fecking doing it.
  • Leaves Eriksen on the bench against all the weaker sides he could be useful against then starts him in a game where he knows we're not going to get a kick.
  • Benches Antony when we need his (admittedly few) strengths more than ever. Someone to put in a shift defensively, keep the ball when he gets it and buy a few free kicks would have been nice.
  • Fernandes and Rashford literally just can't play badly enough to get dropped.
  • McTominay starting and playing the full 90 when he offers absolutely nothing outside of the opposition box.
  • Hojlund, our only halfway threatening player, gets hooked like clockwork after 70'.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Changing managers because one has had a bad patch whilst ignoring all context makes even less sense.
Stop downplaying. This isn't a bad patch. This terrible run of form started after we won the league cup.

izec

Comparison to 10 games in the seasons Jose and Ole were sacked.

BossPlWDLGDPts
Jose1052317-1717p
Ole1052319-1517p
Erik1050511-1615p
It is his second season, while the other 2 were in their third.

At United, managers get a lot of time. ETH wont be sacked so early into his second season.