Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 533 53.0%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 472 47.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Castia

Why though? If he’s that bad how were we ok last season? We weren’t amazing but we outplayed most teams we played outside of the ones better than us. How can the drop off be this bad?
We were terrible in a lot of games. The stable defence and a in form Rashford dragged us through.

The table doesn’t lie but it was a freak season where Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool were scrapping in mid table for most of it making us look better than we were

renatosanches85

Please end this nightmare already. Sack the fraud and let us move on.
Move on with who tho? I’m genuinely asking that, not having a pop. I think he should go, in an ideal world, but who is out there to replace him? Shambles club, no decent manager will want to take over this shit show.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s not the issue. Can we please just get behind one manager and not sack them after 2 years, before starting the whole thing again?

el3mel

Move on with who tho? I’m genuinely asking that, not having a pop. I think he should go, in an ideal world, but who is out there to replace him? Shambles club, no decent manager will want to take over this shit show.
Anyone. I'll take even you as the new manager. It doesn't matter.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A midfield consisting of Casemiro and Mount. The thought alone would've made me weep, but we actually bought them both for over £100m. Anyone who had anything to do with thinking these deals would solve our decade plus midfield issues cannot be trusted.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s not the issue. Can we please just get behind one manager and not sack them after 2 years, before starting the whole thing again?
He's not the only issue but he's massive issue. Besides his rubbish football his talent spotting is pants and has set us back a club 3 years

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's not the only issue but is absolutely an issue. What we really need is the whole squad tearing up root and stem, sadly that's not possible due to the Glazer's fecking ridiculous 3 first teamers a season rule.

Smithy89

Has he made good signings?
What is our distinct style?
Does he have good man management?
Is he charismatic?
Does he tic tac?

Zoo

Call him a fraud all you want but these players will get any manager the sack. The culture is all wrong. Ratcliffe needs to dismantle the whole thing which would include Murtough and Arnold.

Swedish_Plumber

I’m not trying to defend him here. But these players are absolutely atrocious. Absolutely no effort. Given up. They don’t deserve support.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Wayne Rooney as a caretaker?
The guy that loves the Glazers and is just a shite manager by any measure.

At least he might make us so shite even the rats leave the ship

Shark

@NotShark
He's not the full issue, but we're being humiliated at home again, what are we to do as a serious club?

prateik

Who replaces him?
Genuine question.
Anyone.. it'll be near impossible to do worse..

That's obviously the short term.. stopping this torture.
Long term.. dunno.. but there have to be managers out there.. every other fecking club seems to find one.

2 man midfield

He's not the full issue, but we're being humiliated at home again, what are we to do as a serious club?
Say we sack him tomorrow and bring in zidane. There’s an upturn in form for a few weeks, before the players again can’t be arsed. Sack zidane and repeat.

Ten Hag needs to be allowed to be seen as long term by these frauds, and if they don’t pull in the same direction then they’re the ones leaving and not him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I mean at what point do you realise the players are just shite. EtH obviously has problems and wasted so much money but The vast majority of these bums we call players have got rid of 3 or 4 managers now because they can't do the basics right.

AndySmith1990

When the team play like a group of strangers, can't defend, can't pass, can't keep possession, and can't score goals, I think the manager might be an issue. The Glazers certainly aren't on the training pitch each day coaching them to play this badly

renatosanches85

Anyone. I'll take even you as the new manager. It doesn't matter.
Well I did win the treble with Fiorentina on FM23, playing a vertical tiki-taka. And I have a shaved head so I fit the fraudiola mould. Maybe you’re onto something!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
All clubs sack managers. This whole idea of "just stick with a manager for perpetuity" has little basis in reality.

Robbie Boy

Long term.. dunno.. but there have to be managers out there.. every other fecking club seems to find one.
Yet we've gone through a decade of hiring either past it managers, or downright terrible managers, with literally nothing in between. It really is an amazing feat.

Fooza

Call him a fraud all you want but these players will get any manager the sack. The culture is all wrong. Ratcliffe needs to dismantle the whole thing which would include Murtough and Arnold.
This

Don't do it to yourself lads, you're going to go round in circles for years on end

Bring in a new manager - buys rubbish players - gets a good season or 2 - turns to rubbish - gets sacked

2 man midfield

When the team play like a group of strangers, can't defend, can't pass, can't keep possession, and can't score goals, I think the manager might be an issue. The Glazers certainly aren't on the training pitch each day coaching them to play this badly
It’s a little bit the glazers, a little bit the players, a little bit injuries, a little bit bad luck. And now we have no momentum and the season is basically over, it’s hard to get any. We have to settle on one manager eventually. We can’t keep changing every 18 months and expect success.

SirtheIcarium

Don't think there is any mystery in who will replace him, Brexit Jim is in love with Potter. The question now is when. I'd say it will be after the Copenhagen game, so the new manager has a nice home win over Luton to show us all how ETH was clearly the problem overall.

sammyhol

We’ve hardly played a single decent minute in this 4141 all season.

But he persists with it every game…

This is all on the manager. It’s like he is deliberately setting us up to lose on purpose.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
There's probably an argument to be made he's a capable coach and tactician when in the right environment, but not really striking me as someone with the personality or drive to lead a complete culture change when his back is up against it. The job would be a monumental task for anyone at the moment, feels like a select few would really be able to turn the club around.

el3mel

It’s a little bit the glazers, a little bit the players, a little bit injuries, a little bit bad luck. And now we have no momentum and the season is basically over, it’s hard to get any. We have to settle on one manager eventually. We can’t keep changing every 18 months and expect success.
So basically a little bit everything except Ten Hag. :lol:

kidbob

We were terrible in a lot of games. The stable defence and a in form Rashford dragged us through.

The table doesn’t lie but it was a freak season where Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool were scrapping in mid table for most of it making us look better than we were
See I don’t agree with this, we actually losta fair few games we were the better team in for me, after our horror start. Basically where I’m at is that sacking ETH is meaningless without a thorough investigation into our players and why this shit happens under every manager. At some point it’s more the players fault. We can’t keep repeating the same shit and expecting different.

I want ETH gone but if the likes of De Zerbi come here then their career will be over within 2 years too. I am certain of that. As long as these players are allowed be mediocre with no repercussions then every manager will fail here.