Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 484 50.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 469 49.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Zoo

He needs to speak openly now and be honest about what’s going on this season and how he might be able to improve things. It’s not his style but it’s time. Otherwise he’ll be gone

Lord of Blackhaven

There is no way back from here. However this club isn't even competent enough to sack a badly preforming manager so we will stagger on from one embarrassment to another until CL qualification is mathematically impossible. That's all the Glazers care about. I hope it gets even worse to be honest. We literally have to hit rock bottom before anything meaningful will change.

Reddevildans

He won't go after today. Its bitter right now but its the league Cup after all. If we get a drubbing on the weekend then he could be sacked. No obvious ready made replacements on the horizon, that's a huge problem.

BarstoolProphet

At the end of the reigns of the previous manager I always felt that we had hit rock bottom. Now I genuinely believe the worst is yet to come.

lsd

The Oracle
Sadly the only thing saving him right now is there's no point Richard Arnold sacking him when he knows he is likely getting the boot himself

Kostov

Fault? the failures of the club over the last 10 years is a collective, United were paying over the odds for players long before EtH even arrived.
ETH trained Antony for 2 years than asked for him specifically, even at the abomination price of 100m euros. Regardless of previous dealings, that alone is sackable offence, Antony is a 15m euros player at best.

TrueRed79

I am officially worried we might get relegated (not srs). We are that pathetic. Mind you, that might not be a bad thing for the club. At least the Glazers would be gone.

gaffs

Yep, they haven’t even signed big names. Just sensible transfers all round and young hungry players who will give their all every game. Look at their full back options ffs. Blow us out the water in every department and at this point our team is basically names only. None of our players live up to their reputations in the past. Just all complete bottle jobs who can’t handle the pressure. The manager doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing either and the fact the club let him sign all this garbage just says it all. What a complete fecking joke.
Look at what Howe is getting out of Lascelles, Schar, Almeron, Joelinton, Murphy, Willock. All players signed by previous managers and who Newcastle fans thought were shite. They you have the local lads like Longstaf. Brilliant job.

Banana Republic

Sacking ETH won’t solve anything.

We don’t have the right sort of players to turn this around.
Whoever comes in will struggle with this squad.

The_Midfielder

Sack him.. sack all 1st team players .. maybe keep a few..
Else what's the use ? Will it not be like Ragnicks season ?

Skills

Snitch
Manager isn’t important. He’s there to coach the team. If he does well, keep if not don’t keep. This club’s obsession with the manager kills us.
Yup. Sadly can't be that simple at this club. Our fans need a dad as well as coach for the team.

SirScholes

They both prioritised players who can keep the under pressure, play in tight spaces, carry the ball, etc. Same with Arsenal (even though they just got a bit of a humbling).

One day we'll get it right. We have to. We can't keep ignoring/failing to identify press resistant players forever.
It’s not all hindering on these magical press resistant players

the blue print is there for all to see
Sign strong defenders, make yourself hard to beat
The prem is a fast physical league, you need quick physical midfielders.
Bring in wingers who get to the byline and want to create chances

he don’t have any of those things

RuudTom83

United find it impossible to score and impossible to not concede...what a wonderful combination.

Such joy to behold.

Ludens the Red

One thing that staggers me is the insistent on that midfield set up. The one sitting and two miles ahead. The man marking etc. why won’t he do something different at least ?

clarkydaz

Think he is done now. Cant see it turning around.

Just dont think he will get sacked though, dont think the upper management care enough and therein lies the problem
Think it's more a finances thing. They would have to pay him off, then pay another manager. This is all supposed to be Jim's problem now anyway

Barthez

Sack him. Get Roy Keane in as caretaker. Burn the shop. Get rid of every player. Start again.
Roy Keane is an interesting shout. It would certainly separate the strong from the weak minded.

lsd

The Oracle
He needs to speak openly now and be honest about what’s going on this season and how he might be able to improve things. It’s not his style but it’s time. Otherwise he’ll be gone

Like he did when he said he can't produce good football with these players?

That's always good for boosting the teams morale isn't it?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I thought he was a manager that goes into very fine details and wants everything to perfection. Steve McClaren was praising him when they first joined. Seen nothing special so far

edgecutter

I don't know what he is even trying to do. You would think that because we are a leaky sieve that he would play both amarbat and caseimro together to anchor that midfield but he just refuses to do that. Mental.

santeria13

Sublemon
Want to know what's crazy about the £400m spent? We got rid of Ragnick's talent ID because this guy reportedly didn't want to work with/Ragnick's consultancy
No one who is sane with at least more than a single operating braincell can believe that Rangnick wouldn't have had a better vision of where to spend that 400m. Hell, I'd put money on him making us better with half of that budget when you take ito account the players we would have moved on. I'm sure if we actually listened to him Rashford/Bruno would be on their way out, along with most of the players from that season. He wasn't wrong. We needed an open heart surgery.

DownRiver

Guys, think about what happens next after two 3-0 defeats at OT.

No accountability from top to bottom. It will be a bubble of manager and players going down a rut, and it will go on and on until out of CL and mathematically out of the Top 4.

CEO and everyone down do not care as they will lose their jobs anyway with Sir Jim coming in.

It would take another two year/four transfer windows before you see any change in quality of players.

Marwood

We all fell for it, we were bluffed by him, the media, and his time at Ajax. Also if we didn't hire him for his philosophy at Ajax then why did we?
We didn't.

Because all it took last season was a couple of injuries and we were right back to the 21/22 form. That was a warning sign along with the general lack of goals.

KjaAnd

The point of no return has been reached for him. He’s not going to turn this around. I highly doubt he will get the sack before Christmas but I don’t see the point in dragging this out any longer.

MadMike

Sacking ETH won’t solve anything.

We don’t have the right sort of players to turn this around.
Whoever comes in will struggle with this squad.
It will. We had a new manager bounce every time we sacked the manager post Moyes.

We’re in relegation form with 8 defeats in 15 games, last time we started a season like that we were relegated in 1973. You don’t just sit there and watch it happen. You react. You sack the manager and get in a caretaker.

RuudTom83

ETH trained Antony for 2 years than asked for him specifically, even at the abomination price of 100m euros. Regardless of previous dealings, that alone is sackable offence, Antony is a 15m euros player at best.
Who bloody cares...the list of players that needs binning is getting longer and longer with every passing week.

Piabetic

It's getting harder to feel positive about Ten Hag's management. I know there are still players in the first team that are quick to down tools but I expected him to come in and sort those players out and bring a defined style of play. I would say that the influence of Martinez and his drive and passing from defence is being sorely missed but his other signings have made little difference. This isn't to say that I think Hojland won't come good, but there's not enough value from Antony and Mount is just baffling. Onana had a decent showing last time out, but mostly I expect every shot on target with any pace on it to go in right now and its a shock when he saves them.

There is also the same kind of disconnect between what the manager says and what we just saw on the pitch coming from Ten Hag lately. We watched the game, no matter how much you tell us we were unlucky or about the positives you can't fool us. I know it's not clever for the manager to slam the players after every game, but at least stop short of the emperors new clothes rubbish.

sirAlexsglasses

The player power here is ridiculous. I'd keep ten Hag and get rid of problematic players and wait until the ownership situation stabilizes. Sacking ten Hag will achieve nothing but satisfy the fans needs for catharsis. Club will still be rotten. Players will suck once they decide to power trip on the new manager. Glazers will be at the helm.

Keep him for now. We must break this constant cycle.
I absolutely agree, of course we will get flamed for this opinion, getting rid of ETH will solve nothing. What we need is to afford to bin the dross regardless and take the hit. Under these vile houses that will ever happen. They will bring in another manage hubs Jim 150 million get top 4 rinse and repeat. I wish they would just feck off ant take their money the greedy parasitic wankers.

acnumber9

He was carried by Bruno, Rashford and Casemiro last season it seems. Their form has fallen off a cliff and we’re a fecking shambles because of it.

Barthez

It will. We had a new manager bounce every time we sacked the manager post Moyes.

We’re in relegation form with 8 defeats in 15 games, last time we started a season like that we were relegated in 1973. You don’t just sit there and watch it happen. You react.
Relegation is probably in truth the only way we move forward

Appletonred

He probably wanted Kane and Rice but got Mount and Hojlund, glazernomics will always be a thing as long as they remain here running the club with the handbrake on, at this point I'd take a 0-3 loss every week if it helps speed up their exit, they are the real problem in all of this, not the manager.

santeria13

Sublemon
I'm not speaking of Ragnick in a coaching capacity. He reportedly recommended some really good players to the club, Gvardiol, Enzo, Alvarez included
That being said, we genuinely played better football and had better results under Rangnick than anything we've seen this season, and that's with half the squad absolutely refusing to play for him. He was a terrible coach, but then what does that say about our current predicament?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Player power????

If the results are terrible then we need to see at least progress with the playing style....his football idea is worse than the football of Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Rangnick and Solskjaer.
His football idea is irrelevant if the players don't perform

OrcaFat

Feck sake. I spent all day arguing we shouldn’t keep sacking managers but I m so fecking annoyed with this team. Apart from the odd bright spark we look absolutely shit. How can we be so bad?

By tomorrow I’ll calm down but if he resigned now I’d say yeah Erik, feck off.

Bole Top

Howe is the one that looks like he was doing some actual coaching. ETH looks like a clown compared to him.