Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 602 55.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 487 44.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Matriac

Press conferences are part of a manager's responsibility and they should all have a bit of tact. These are just excuses for ETH repeatedly saying stupid and disruptive things in these press conferences.
He did answer this with tact?

He was asked what he thinks about Rashford going to a nightclub the same day they lose on derby day.

He says that's unacceptable, they have talked about it and that's it. No further comments. Anything else is handled internally.

Then he's asked repeatedly again and only defends Marcus.

Can you imagine if he had answered that he was fine with Rashford going to a nightclub after losing at home to City? The press would run amok with how standards have fallen, that ETH doesn't care, Rashford is a problem, Rashford is a partyboy and so on.

Dazzmondo

He was asked what he thinks about Rashford going to a nightclub the same day they lose on derby day.

He says that's unacceptable, they have talked about it and that's it. No further comments. Anything else is handled internally.

Then he's repeatedly again and only defends Marcus.

Can you imagine if he had answered that he was fine with Rashford going to a nightclub after losing at home to City? The press would run amok with how standards have fallen, that ETH doesn't care, Rashford is a problem, Rashford is a partyboy and so on.
Bend the narrative in whatever way you want mate. I'm sure you were saying the same about the Sancho situation.

crossy1686

career ending

Then he's repeatedly again and only defends Marcus.

Just say you knew about it, it was pre planned and you allowed it because it was his birthday, then fecking tan him in training so the other lads see you won’t stand for it if you’re really against it. You don’t use the word unacceptable in a presser unless you’re trying to draw scrutiny

Matriac

Bend the narrative in whatever way you want mate. I'm sure you were saying the same about the Sancho situation.
Yes I was, because he was asked why Sancho isn't playing, and he essentially said he picked the players who have performed the best in training.

You're either wumming or just blindly looking for reasons to hate on the manager.

Matriac

Just say you knew about it, it was pre planned and you allowed it because it was his birthday, then fecking tan him in training so the other lads see you won’t stand for it if you’re really against it. You don’t use the word unacceptable in a presser unless you’re trying to draw scrutiny
I'm pretty sure they knew the question was coming in advance, and the United PR department told ETH to call it unacceptable so the media doesn't run with the narrative of how standards have fallen, players minds are more about parties than the derby and so on.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm pretty sure they knew the question was coming in advance, and the United PR department told ETH to call it unacceptable so the media doesn't run with the narrative of how standards have fallen, players minds are more about parties than the derby and so on.
Yeah now it just looks like he’s not got any control over what his players are doing and they’re flouting his rules on purpose

Castia

His obsession with Antony sure is something. Genuinely think Dan James is a better player

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
His obsession with Antony sure is something. Genuinely think Dan James is a better player
He probably figures that he s one of the players that will still play his heart out to save his job - considering that he def seemed like a pure EtH signing. Anthony probably knows as well his time with United is up if Erik goes. Not the worst logic if true, but clearly desperation.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The club have ultimate responsibility for the signings.
It should not be Eric Ten Hag signing players or recommending players.
Agreed. ETH's responsibilities should be coaching, training, tactics, and man management.

Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be great at any of those either.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If we are going to settle for this shit on a stick football we may as well have kept Ole.

ETH has us playing some of the worst football I’ve seen.

hobbers

If Antony comes out for the second half we should sack ETH before he gets on the coach and leave him in London.

Castia

Worst footballing side in the league aren’t we considering the price of this squad

Championship level setup.

Commentary team absolutely blasting United by the way

Fahad Jawaid

How on earth after spending soo much we field such a shit lineup. Each one of them looks incapable of playing first time passes bar Eriksen. Plus looking physically weak.

I swear Ten hag should be fired on the basis of recklessly wasting 80m on Antony and 60m on Mount who he never plays. Teams have Rebuild their squads in that amount.

flameinthesun

The team will definitely play better once Martinez and Shaw is back. There is massive weakness to this team (outside of the technical level), for a team supposedly battling for a top 4 or cup physically we are very weak. We can't bully teams, half the team constantly get injured. Not saying we need big brutes but too many times we are just getting bullied. It doesn't help that today for example you have Antony, Eriksen, Evans, Dalot and Garnacho all who have a tendency to get bullied. This definitely needs addressing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He probably figures that he s one of the players that will still play his heart out to save his job - considering that he def seemed like a pure EtH signing. Anthony probably knows as well his time with United is up if Erik goes. Not the worst logic if true, but clearly desperation.
Think we’re stuck with Antony now for years… that’s the problem when you spend so much on a player, it’s near impossible to get rid. When they’re playing awful that is, no one’s gonna be interested in them. After ETH we’re stuck with most of his signings.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I know we haven't been good, at all. I don't think I'd complain if ETH got sacked. However, he hasn't had any luck at all. So many injuries and so many awful refereeing decisions.

justboy68

Honestly things have been so disastrous lately I feared it was going to be worse. We actually should be winning this.

Noir

Well he doesn't have a choice now does he. These lot can't even do the basics, or more accurately don't want to.

No manager sets his team up to just lump the ball away. They are static and simply don't care. Even Pep would struggle with this spoiled and lazy team. Shameful performance from seasoned "professionals".

The-Mezzala

I swear Ten hag should be fired on the basis of recklessly wasting 80m on Antony and 60m on Mount who he never plays. Teams have Rebuild their squads in that amount.
[/QUOTE]

I was about to post pretty much the exact thing.His signings have been woeful. Team looks so flat and no ideas now. He probably needs to go soon. But unless you can convince De Zerbi.Who out there can motivate this team

Last edited: