Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 459 49.5%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 469 50.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bobski

Tell me about it. Bunch of neurotic pansies are our online fans these days.

Going back to the SAF days.

I remember how we lost 3-2 against Bayern after being 3-0 up in the first 40 minutes and running away with it. I remeber Rafael's red card to Ribery changed the game, but the geniuses on here tell me that top managers grind out results always.

Or the same scenario where we were 1-0 up and had Real on the ropes, until Cnut Cakir decided to send Nani off. Both of the exits still hurt like yesterday.

And yet some geniuses on here believe that 9 man Citeh would beat this team and ignore the fact that we played with 10 man for 60+ minutes until Dalot, Varane and AWB decided that the last 10 minutes of the match is the best time to turn our defense into a circus.
Do you really?

Sorry to be pedantic.

yfoFC

With competent refs we'd be second clown.
Our fans just love to moan because it's what everyone else is doing

It's like they have lost the ability to look at things critically and without the heat of emotion

I know football is an emotional game but feck me, the wailing in here is just comical at this point

This game of all games should have been the one to unite us against VAR and shit refereeing but here we are having a melt down and fighting against the person we are supposed to be behind as he's the one that in this moment can change our fortune until or if he's sacked

You lot have lost a key ingredient called loyalty.

ArmaDino

Huh? When did this imaginary improvement last few games happened? We barely managed a very late win against Fulham after they wasted good amount of chances to lead against us earlier.

Ten Hag's biggest achievement at United isn't winning the glorious league cup, it's selling his night fever dream to his supporters.
Go rewatch the game mate, we literally had them on the ropes till the ref got involved. And for the record, Bayern scraped a 2-1 win here in the dying minutes of the match while Galatasaray walked away with 1 point.

These lads aren't the pushovers everyone seems to make them to be.

el3mel

We literally finished bottom of group under SAF consisting of Benfica, Villareal and Lille. The other time we finished 3rd in group consisting of Basel, Benfica and Otelul Galati ffs.
The Ferguson excuses are so tiresome. They aren't even worth replying to. We already did thousands of time.

Keep telling yourself these excuses to convince yourself everything is fine.

RonaldoVII

How can you have a 53% loss rate after 17 games and hope to remain at the club !

Nine defeats before the 10th November has to go to give a new coach a free hit with PL. Give him the Luton game and then change him.
To who? We've no money to sack him or hire anyone else.

AndyMUFC

Ten Hag isn't perfect but we just produced our best half of the season until the same old mentality problems cost us again.

el3mel

Our fans just love to moan because it's what everyone else is doing

It's like they have lost the ability to look at things critically and without the heat of emotion

I know football is an emotional game but feck me, the wailing in here is just comical at this point

This game of all games should have been the one to unite us against VAR and shit refereeing but here we are having a melt down and fighting against the person we are supposed to be behind as he's the one that in this moment can change our fortune until or if he's sacked

You lot have lost a key ingredient called loyalty.
I'm not supposed to be behind shit. I support Man United. Ten Hag can feck off from my club.

yfoFC

I don’t think anyone is suggesting we’d be miles better with a few players back, but you’d be mad to think we couldn’t have a few extra wins with them in the team. And that would make a big difference to the narrative and pressure.

Just look at today’s game, you’ve got clear examples of how simply having a full back on the left would help. That first goal wouldn’t be scored with Lindelof at left back, like we had for a big run of games, I doubt the third is scored with Luke Shaw at left back.
Brother, people laugh at shit pundits but will they actually do any better?

Most people are just shit at analysis. This game just confirms that for me

mustaine

Preach brother

These fans either have short memories or are just masochists that enjoy whipping themselves up into a frenzy for the slightest excuse.

It honestly baffles me
We had bad days under SAF as with any manager really. But most of them were wonderful. I think we should just compare him with anybody else.

This is another level of bad though. We’re braking every record we don’t want to break. He needs to figure things out, now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s his 2-3 choice (Shaw being 1, AWB 2-3 as well) which isn’t really good but yeah, injuries play a part. However, he could have played Lindelof or Regiulon (even Amrabat - ok, he’s terrible) but Dalot plays and unsurprisingly makes a bad mistake that costs us.
Lindelöf nor Amrabat are actually fullbacks. And I'd argue AWB is first choice RB generally. Granted Dalot played on a flank hes less familiar with, but I would assume him as 3rd choice LB if we had a fit squad.

ArmaDino

Do you really?

Sorry to be pedantic.
TBF, I mean it in the context of the tie. While we won 3-2 at home, we lost on away goals. Still pisses me off to this day.

Only 2 other matches do the same for me: that 2-1 against Real in 2013 and that 4-4 against Everton in 2012(that game basically put the ball into Citeh's court and set up the season for that Agueroooo moment).

P.S. Out of posts for today, will reply tomorrow.

Superunknown

One thing I will say is that this was an opportunity to see how he could adapt tactically to a set of challenging circumstances in a high stakes game. Could have been a moment where, when faced with challenging circumstances away in the Champions League, he could have come out with a ton of credit for securing the draw or closing the game out with a win after the Bruno penalty put us back ahead. It could have been a huge moment where we could see his tactical nous and ability to grind out the win.

What did we see instead? We saw Mount coming on for Hojlund, the one player who looked sharp up top and who could have grabbed us another goal on the counter. The one player who would be looking to get his hat-trick after scoring two nice goals already. We saw Amrabat coming on and stinking up the joint. Again. We were too open and were super easy to get through. It was an opportunity to show us what he could do, and he failed miserably to adapt to what was in front of him. Again.

yfoFC

Maybe he should have picked the left back he had on the bench then? You know, the emergency one we rushed through at the last minute to help cover for the injuries we had.
He explained pregame that he chose to keep the same lineup sans Antony so as to have consistency and start building routines and patterns between the players in a season of chop and change

And the first 40mins vindicated that decision

We can cry about what happened thereafter but his lineup decision and reason behind it would have been vindicated if not for VAR and shitty spineless referees

DSG

I was listening to the pod today and Nic mentioned that we are 2 pts off of where we were last year in PL after 11 matches. I did not know that. I guess I’m happy to keep him for the moment. We have had injuries. But his transfers have been subpar and the performances has been shit. I don’t really blame him for today’s result, but, feck me, how much more rope do we give him?

yfoFC

Solskjaer did more for us than Arteta has done for arsenal. Didn’t hear anybody saying he should be given more time.
Yeah, apart from winning trophies and being a threat to man city

At this point, I've got to wonder whether I'm in the same reality as most fans in here

mustaine

Lindelöf nor Amrabat are actually fullbacks. And I'd argue AWB is first choice RB generally. Granted Dalot played on a flank hes less familiar with, but I would assume him as 3rd choice LB if we had a fit squad.
Dalot just can’t keep concentration when defending. I get playing him in the beginning with a full team and an attacking mindset but playing him when you know we have to stay back and defend (which translates into more dead ball situations) has a high probability of biting you in the arse, as it did today.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

I remember how we lost 3-2 against Bayern after being 3-0 up in the first 40 minutes and running away with it. I remeber Rafael's red card to Ribery changed the game, but the geniuses on here tell me that top managers grind out results always.

Or the same scenario where we were 1-0 up and had Real on the ropes, until Cnut Cakir decided to send Nani off. Both of the exits still hurt like yesterday.

And yet some geniuses on here believe that 9 man Citeh would beat this team and ignore the fact that we played with 10 man for 60+ minutes until Dalot, Varane and AWB decided that the last 10 minutes of the match is the best time to turn our defense into a circus.
You cant be serious. We were playing fecking beautiful attacking football in that game, against one of the best teams in Europe.. How can you compare that with the shite football ETH has us playing against fc copenh fecking hagen.

OrcaFat

Bizarre to try and blame the specific events of tonight on EtH. Always easy to trot out the same drivel when we get beat but none of it is relevant tonight. Played well, got some shitty decisions and a couple of our guys fecked up. It’s horrible anyway.

yfoFC

So in other words, even though we broadly played well today despite circumstances, you have a problem if a poster thinks we might still be ok IF we can keep that performance level up.

I know you're really in a pessimistic stage right now but there's nothing scouse like in knowing our team is capable of good performances.

You can shit on ten hag and the team all you want, you don't get any extra credit for being a negative hipster. I think we played alright all things considered and think we can do well in the remaining games IF we played alright in them.

Big fecking whoop :lol:
Brother, I'm so glad most of the fans in here are not the ones in charge of making decisions at our club I swear :houllier:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Go rewatch the game mate, we literally had them on the ropes till the ref got involved. And for the record, Bayern scraped a 2-1 win here in the dying minutes of the match while Galatasaray walked away with 1 point.

If you're not a Liverpool fan, you sure sound like one.

Lost bear

Bizarre to try and blame the specific events of tonight on EtH. Always easy to trot out the same drivel when we get beat but none of it is relevant tonight. Played well, got some shitty decisions and a couple of our guys fecked up. It’s horrible anyway.
Sort of sums it up.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It seems that we are let down by players over and over again. It is time to plan exit strategy for Rashford, Bruno, Dalot and other. I didn't watch the game as I know a disappointed will be coming. How can these mentally weak players stay at United? Really mind boggling that we lose 2 goals up with the usual suspects causing our failure. Hopefully the Saudi come calling for Rashford and Antony for 150 million pound bid so we can move off these players and start promoting some young players into the squad.
All three were recently given long extensions on large wages, so that's not happening anytime soon.

AshTheBash

Time for Ten Hag to pack his bags. Losing to Luton at the weekend should seal his sacking. The players are turning on him.. Rashford and Varane now..

Ronaldo, Sancho and now Varane.. he's constantly falling out with top players.. terrible in-game management and no man-management..

when the red card happens you get Amrabat on for Eriksen.. it's exactly what Mourinho, Klopp and Peo would do. But Ten Hag is Terrible manager.

tactically clueless. He's just not a good manager. Ajax sold us a dud. Total fraud of a manager. Get him out of the club.

Last edited:

Redstain

Fulham was definitely smash and grab territory. The performances have been poor, tonight's game was an improvement but it's hardly a benchmark to play well for the first half and then not replicate that in the second, which has happened previously this season even with no red cards present. There was some poor refereeing and VAR decisions.

The highlight of the result tonight was that the manager was unlucky but in cohesion with the group standings the manager is responsible. That's four games bottom of the group. The team has consistently failed to transition the relative success of one game into another so there might not be any positives to take because against Luton the team has the propensity to come out flat and uninspired.

yfoFC

wait, did I miss something? Has Ole won us a trophy I'm not aware of?

The reason Ole was let go is because we were in relegation form in his 3rd full season in. Arteta was never this bad for Arsenal.
Welcome to the Caf where the opposite of reality holds sway in a some fans' minds :lol:

yfoFC

I’ll take your alternate options on good faith, but sections of the fan base would whinge to the hill about any of those subs:
Antony: what does ETH think Antony is going to do that Hojlund doesn’t do better?
Pellistri: why’s he putting pressure on the unknown lad?
Martial: Oh FFS we all know Martial doesn’t do anything!

For some ETH just can’t win; play them all the time and he’s running them into the ground, sub them and it’s the wrong sub (even though we have sweet FA in terms of viable options.
I'm starting to think that the fans being able to watch every match now and being so emotionally worked up after each game is what is killing football and why the likes of Fergie and Wenger will never be replicated again

yfoFC

Four Champs League games.

As a manager he's seen:

Two reds
Two howlers from Onana
Two massive mistakes from Dalot.
A load of injuries.
Four pens conceded(I think)

Say whatever you like about tactics etc, that's a load of craziness any manager would struggle with.
Bless you for this douse of reality my brother

TheRedDevil2019

I'd be a hypocrite to criticise ETH or the team after that. The effort was there, gameplan well executed before and even after the red.

More of that commitment and play style each week and I'll accept whatever result come what may. (All I want to see is the team strive to be competitive).

Refreshing to see.

GreatDane

Bayern, Real and Copenhagen - one of these is not like the others.

evil_geko

They have to keep that anti ETH agenda going, no matter the cost.

el3mel

Brother, I'm so glad most of the fans in here are not the ones in charge of making decisions at our club I swear :houllier:
If someone like you was in charge, though, Moyes would have completed his 6 years contract.