Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 559 53.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 481 46.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

vibe

Can anyone wanting him sacked suggest a) what the club should do to replace him and b) what the club should do to break this cycle of sacking managers every few years once they start to underperform?
Let me put it this way. Sacking ETH doesn't immediately solve any of our problems.

But even if sacking him has a 1% chance of improving our play, keeping him has a 0% chance. And 1% is still an infinity greater than 0.

Blood Mage

I don't think our attacking players are as bad as his tactics make them look. Yeah even Antony I think would look half decent under a better manager.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The only thing that may save Ten Hag is inertia. The INEOS takeover seems to mean no significant football decision are being taken. Being smashed by Bournemouth and then, probably, Bayern and Liverpool would ordinarily be curtains.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Today feels like primarily his fault, persisting with the 5-0-5 against a team that was all too happy to sit back and counter through our non-existent midfield. Plus relying on Martial, making no half time changes. Newcastle felt like a distinct lack of effort from the players but today the blame has to be firmly on ten Hag

Flying_Heckfish

Can anyone wanting him sacked suggest a) what the club should do to replace him and b) what the club should do to break this cycle of sacking managers every few years once they start to underperform?
Sorry, but what value in keeping him? That is the pertinent question.

Standards here are absolutely shocking these days.

As a club we can hope that we get a new structure in place and that we start doing things properly going forward, but for now it is clear ETH is not the answer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can't believe the majority of us thought he'd be the one to revolutionise our football after years of sludge. He's been worse than José, van Gaal and Ole.
Maybe emotions are high right now but I honestly think he’s down the bottom of those four definitely. Van Gaal won a better trophy, and Jose won more trophies, Jose had a higher league finish, as did Ole. He has a trophy win (however fugazi) over Ole but Ole’s football at its best > Hag’s football here

Last edited:

Drainy

I can't believe the majority of us thought he'd be the one to revolutionise our football after years of sludge. He's been worse than José, van Gaal and Ole.
He seriously underestimated the athleticism of the Premier League with his signings and the teams he plays. Every club can break on us with impunity with powerful runners.

rajds89

Good to see tons of tactical masters on this forum! Those FM campaigns really paid off.
Here's one for you.. we are 0-3 at home against a shit team with 10 mins to go. You are about to make 3 changes and in the back of your mind you know if your captain gets a yellow he'll miss your next game which happens to be the biggest game of your season. Do you a) keep him on? b) take him off?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
ETH’s comments after that Chelsea victory now makes him look like a complete idiot
We didn't know those comments to know that though. His management for months has told he's an idiot

YikesSchmeics

Whatever about who you think for A but the obvious answer to B is a director of football.

B is the main reason ETH has to go. Squandering 55 mil on a midfielder who doesn't fit in and he doesn't play. Or a right forward who doesn't score or assist.

He has spent enough to not be still playing Dalot or Shaw at CB. But he spent it in the wrong areas of the pitch and we are paying dearly for it, again.

OverratedOpinion

Ole to bring the vibes in the new year with Sancho and recalled Greenwood leading us to 4th and Ole's permentany reinstatement.

AndySmith1990

This argument suggests that we should simply keep him by default, no matter how bad he is

sect2k

Let me put it this way. Sacking ETH doesn't immediately solve any of our problems.

But even if sacking him has a 1% chance of improving our play, keeping him has a 0% chance. And 1% is still an infinity greater than 0.
Yes it does, or are you saying ETH is not one of our problems?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I hate this group of players but there is not another club in the league playing a formation or style like ours. Most people on this forum can see it but the man paid millions to actually see this is clueless

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
I am done with ETH now.

I know it's not all his fault, but let's look at what we do know:

Tactically? Nobody has a clue what he wants and he seems an average coach at best

Man management? Players don't like him and he's alienated several players

No charisma either. Robotic.

We can do better than this. He's not the man.

daveskimufc

Any time that he now CHOOSES to play martial he looks a tw*t. Everyone sees it, martial is no longer a footballer. Stick him in the reserves

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
In next seven days we will be out from Europe and get spanked by Liverpool. No way that he will be a manager next Monday.

FrantikChicken

Could you try actually answering the question?
I did! We’ve so far, post fergie, hired 3 unqualified managers and 2 past it managers. We need to hire better. Who exactly? I don’t know, I don’t really watch much football outside of Man Utd. If I was getting paid a fat wage to be in charge of hiring though, I’m pretty confident I’d do a better job than what we’ve had served up so far

Superden

The premier league is all about midfields..reason why Pep tries to cram 6 players in their and yet here are playing with 1.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Guys, he’s not responsible for signings, tactics or motivating the players. None of this is on him.

DON’T PANIC ™

Not his fault if players constantly make poor decisions. Poor pass, poor deliveries, picking wrong options all the time. On top of that, our player IQ level must be the lowest in the league. 3 yellows for dissent today says it all.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I'll reiterate it again: The worst United manager since Sir Alex retired.

Total fraud.

It'll take a while to recover from the damage he has caused/continues to cause.

Jezpeza

Said before most organised teams with a plan will turn us over easy peasy all season.
Squads awful, owners awful, manager awful. Though pretty sure other managers can get a bit more out of these players.
Dont think there is a project ETH it was just another new manager bounce and its over now, as should be his tenure.

Suv666

What’s even the point of not sacking him.
I will not trust him with a single penny.
The absolute shite he has bought rivals Van Gaal, the football too.

Lewnited

Going nowhere under him, not a single sign of progression on the pitch and has openly said he's not gunning for the style of football that has the fanbase wanting him in the first place.

Likely dumped out of the Champions League in the group conceding 14 goals in the process and probably about to get bent over by our biggest rivals after losing 0-3 to Bournemouth at home.

The fact that is doesn't really feel like his job is at threat is a problem in itself.

Edit: 0-4

glasgow 21

~goal difference even Everton's is better. Sorry but i have totally changed my take on ETH. He just doesn't get it, same as the players.
If he thought playing Martial wasn't going to get him the sack well he is about to find out. A total waste of 60mins todays.