Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 644 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 792 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Roboc7

Cowardly way to go out against a team that are just going through motions. Again the midfield setup is just shite but he never learns.

Conor

What the feck did people expect from tonight, look at the 2 teams on paper :lol:

Someone

Something
At the end of the day he bought a lot of rubbish players that halted our progress. It set us back big time, and he should be accountable for it.

Heinzesight

Ten Hag in trouble, not been good enough at all and would like to have seen us go for it second half but you simply HAVE to add into the mix the injuries, VAR and half the players being pathetic.

Let’s hope he proves the people calling him things like a ‘twat’ wrong and turns it around. I agree, it’s so, so poor but personally, I need to see how he performs without a completely depleted team.

He won’t be going anywhere until the 25% sale is confirmed so hold on to those keyboards.

Cela shomana

Guess what! he will play the same team, same formation against Liverpool. I really wanted this guy to the one but I can't see it. Playing Scott against a dominate team is criminal.

PoTMS

He's not it but neither are the majority of the players.

Club needs a reset.
That's his fault too. He was given a £400m warchest. Someone needs to be held accountable including the manager, the football director and the CEO.

GioF

Seems a nice fella but he’s not a Man Utd manager. Time to move on I’m afraid.

Ten Hag was very much the creative choice when we hired him and I like many was excited at the football and system we would play. As it has turned out it’s been depressing and boring to watch.

Need more than a manager at this stage. Never thought I’d say it but I would go for Simone and embrace the nasty side.

We are a team with no passion, no heart, no balls and everyone liking to blame eachother. There’s a few in the squad who will relish under a tougher manager and the ones that can’t need to go.

the hea

Probably deserves to get sacked at this point but the sad part is that it will change nothing. A decade of mismanagment has completly destroyed the club.

Will Singh

The dream is over, he’s not capable of this job. Give it Giggsy till end of season and then get in a proven PL manager. feck experiments and feck all the players we have, none of them are good enough to play for Manchester United F.C. feck the board, feck the management and feck the players. feck the lot of them.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm so glad the players are playing for him. Imagine how much worse it would be if they didn't

Marwood

You can put a shift in though, run yourself into the ground, make it difficult for your opponent, and generally get the basics right. We rarely do any of those for 90 mins. Getting to the point where I detest this team.
They did all that tonight. But ultimately effort can't consistently make up for a gap in quality. There's no good reason why we should be beating Bayern tonight.

AndySmith1990

Ten Hag in trouble, not been good enough at all and would like to have seen us go for it second half but you simply HAVE to add into the mix the injuries, VAR and half the players being pathetic.

Let’s hope he proves the people calling him things like a ‘twat’ wrong. I agree, it’s so, so poor but personally, I need to see how he performs without a completely depleted team.

He won’t be going anywhere until the 25% sale is confirmed so hold on to those keyboards.
We don't have a completely depleted team. Most important players have been available for a while. Every team gets injuries so thinking he needs a fully fit squad is nonsensical

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Let’s hope he proves the people calling him things like a ‘twat’ wrong and turns it around. I agree, it’s so, so poor but personally, I need to see how he performs without a completely depleted team.

We’ve seen how they’ve performed without a completely depleted team, badly.

mav_9me

Giving so much game time to McT should be a fireable offense. From Fellaini to McT...FML

Castia

What the feck did people expect from tonight, look at the 2 teams on paper :lol:
They just got beat 5-1 and are 4 points off the top of the Bundesliga. They were there for the beating tonight and all they had to do is cruise in third gear.

Telsim

Why are so many people hating him? I don't understand. Don't they know? Once Lisandro Martinez returns we will turn into prime Real Madrid overnight. Just you wait!

el3mel

Well, tonight wasn't the game that KOed us. Losing against Galatasaray at home then Copenhagen away was what KOed us, and these games we should have won comfortably "Looking at the 2 teams on paper".

TrueRed79

Indeed. I despise Ronnie for the tactic he used and giving Piers Morgan the light of day for it - but it's hard to not think there is some truth to it.

Claims of lower standards and players being lazy: confirmed by the Vidic story

Complaints about lack of investment in facilities etc.: confirmed by LvG when he was here

Complaints about the overall structure: confirmed by Mou, Ragnick and LvG

Etc.
Yep. A lot of posters losing their shit on this forum for nothing really. Fail to see the bigger picture. I could honestly see Klopp and Pep struggling at this club, such is the lack of direction we have been going in. Rangnick was 100% on the money, but the owners are such useless morons they couldn't be bothered with any of his advice it seems.

EI Beatle

12 Defeats in 24 Games, GD of - in the league, 5 shots 1 on target at Home in the Champions League in a game we needed to win.

worrying thing is the fans were singing his name and clapping the team off at full time .. not to mention his away record vs ''the top 9'', 10L 1D

The_Midfielder

Is this the worst ??
Oops. We still have Liverpool away, City away, Chelsea away, Bournemouth away ..West Ham away, Brentford away

Amira

Seems a nice fella but he’s not a Man Utd manager. Time to move on I’m afraid.

Ten Hag was very much the creative choice when we hired him and I like many was excited at the football and system we would play. As it has turned out it’s been depressing and boring to watch.

Need more than a manager at this stage. Never thought I’d say it but I would go for Simone and embrace the nasty side.

We are a team with no passion, no heart, no balls and everyone liking to blame eachother. There’s a few in the squad who will relish under a tougher manager and the ones that can’t need to go.
I was thinking this earlier today about Simeone. Had a word with myself and snapped out of it. However, i do see the appeal. These players need a kick up their behinds

Bobski

Looked out of his depth since the League Cup final if we are being honest. Poor transfers, insane tactics, shit game management and subs. Very little to build on.

Conor

Well, tonight wasn't the game that KOed us. Losing against Galatasaray at home then Copenhagen away was what KOed us, and these games we should have won comfortably "Looking at the 2 teams on paper".
I completely agree, it still makes no sense to say tonight was pathetic.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's somehow built a team that's takes on the worst attributes of the managers before.

It's the same sort of hopeless/brittleness and lack of belief that we had under Moyes

The worst of LVGs boring shit on a stick football

Lack of structure or shape that that was under Ole

Somehow the worst recruitment any of them ever managed

In summary we've spent more than we've ever done, are more boring than we've ever been but at the same time more likely to get thrashed than at any point in the last 10 years. Well done. It's some achievement
It's a very sad truth. There are no redeeming qualities. None.

And he gets outcoached at every single turn. :(

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
They just got beat 5-1 and are 4 points off the top of the Bundesliga. They were there for the beating tonight and all they had to do is cruise in third gear.
This. They’ve been underwhelming with Tuchel as a whole. No excuses for such a pathetic showing against them at home in a must-win game.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
While you're not wrong ETH signed a lot of our worst players
And who let him do that? How is it possible that the largest club in the world just lets a manager spunk quarter of a billion on whatever he wants without someone (or preferably a team) of people overseeing it?

Obviously if that has happened then ETH fecked up, but that still comes back to the club being set up to fail from the top. You don't run any business like that, football is no different.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Up until the last game, Shaw was flawless at LCB. Varane on the other hand has not, and in his last outing looked like he couldn't give a flying feck. He's not the same player that won CLs and is made of glass. It's your head that's up your arse, not mine. You think a left footer being preferred at LCB is nonsense which shows you are just moaning for the sake of moaning now.

Don't tag me in nonsense hyperbole. You have a problem.
Just seen this post now but not even worth responding to really. You think a LB at CB and RB at LB is preferable then that says everything. He looks like he couldn't care partly because he's realised the manager is stupid and is keeping him out in favour of something that makes no sense. Having a right footed LB is probably a bigger issue, yet he preferred it (until tonight).

If you're so entrenched in your opinion then do you think Ten Hag has made a big mistake tonight in lining up as I'm saying he should?

Shark

@NotShark
Yep. A lot of posters losing their shit on this forum for nothing really. Fail to see the bigger picture. I could honestly see Klopp and Pep struggling at this club, such is the lack of direction we have been going in. Rangnick was 100% on the money, but the owners are such useless morons they couldn't be bothered with any of his advice it seems.
Why can't you see the bigger picture, plus see that the manager has been an utter failure. It's not always one or the other like you fans constantly try to portray, you can think both.

spiriticon

Neither did Erik ten Hag. Fecked Rangnick off without even giving him a chance. Thought he was Billy Big Bollocks.

Turns out Erik's not as good as he thought of himself