Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 620 55.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 491 44.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Revan

Assumptionman
Last season at times it really looked like he had something and was the guy to sort you out but feck me, you look absolutely terrible and I don't understand what your gameplan is in any game anymore and I don't think the players do either. It's so bad.
It really didn’t. Just cause we won the Mickey cup playing shit on a stick football and convinced ourselves that he is Pep MK2, it didn’t look great at all. I was saying last season that he has been ok, a 6 or 7 out of 10.

The football last season was never as good as under Ole’s first full season, Mourinho’s two seasons or even LVG’s golden spell.

It was same as now but with Casemiro in midfield playing out of his skin and every shot of Rashford ending in goal.

el3mel

Funny thing is Liverpool fans now must be hitting their heads against the wall for dropping 2 points against us and ruining their chance of leading the table alone.

Castia

No room for panic. A few years ago Arteta probably lost at home against Villa.

And Fergie might have lost to Villa too.

All things going as planned!
Thing with Arteta you could see his vision. Ditching Lacazette, Ozil and Auba and signing players to suit his system and building a team

We’ve signed a load of shite and are actively going backwards

I know your post was possibly tongue in cheek but this is generally a thought of some fans that he needs time

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It really didn’t. Just cause we won the Mickey cup playing shit on a stick football and convinced ourselves that he is Pep MK2, it didn’t look great at all. I was saying last season that he has been ok, a 6 or 7 out of 10.

The football last season was never as good as under Ole’s first full season, Mourinho’s two seasons or even LVG’s golden spell.

It was same as now but with Casemiro in midfield playing out of his skin and every shot of Rashford ending in goal.
Not talking tactics, more the attitude and tenacity. Now there is none of it.

STYLOISRED

I'm almost grateful I have been ETH out since September. Watching this team doesn't even get any emotional response from me. Win or lose I just want him gone. This loss doesn't even surprise me because there is no plan. This team doesn't look coached in the slightest.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Funny thing is Liverpool fans now must be hitting their heads against the wall for dropping 2 points against us and ruining their chance of leading the table alone.
Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

This. We finished 6th on xPts last year - our results outperformed the underlying performances. What we're seeing this season is just regression to the mean.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We are going to be 10th after this round of fixtures, have scored 18 goals in 19 games. Finished bottom of a bang average CL group. How can we let this man go on now

JustinC00

This is the guy that ok'd 95m for Antony while deeming Elanga not good enough, meanwhile Elanga now has more G/A for Forest than Antony has for us since he joined.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

This is spot on. I started to see as the season went on but hoped it just needed time. Liverpool loss last season was it for me, knew then he wasn't good enough

Revan

Assumptionman
Not talking tactics, more the attitude and tenacity. Now there is none of it.
When there are no good tactics, no good coaching, no patterns of play, you know that the results with soon go to shit too. Many people were saying that for Ole too. It was absolutely clear last season that there was not much room for hope, we were bad for most of the season and absolute dogshit after the World Cup.

Yagami

Good post resistant
At least with Moyes, I, like most, expected rubbish.

I thought ten Hag would be good. I don't know if that makes it worse. He's definitely worse than van Gaal, José and Ole.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Thats exactly what 2 of them told me minutes ago.. they are shocked that Liverpool didnt win against that United side...

It’s becoming unsustainable. Yet another defeat coming and we can’t even score a goal. This would be unacceptable at Luton. It’s very sad to watch, but it looks like the jig is up. The players aren’t playing for him; that’s curtains for a manager.

lysglimt

Scout
I rated Moyes behind ETH earlier today - I am actually changing my mind - ETH is the worst

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
it's like a pattern.

Try to play somewhat ok.
Concede absurd goal.
Concede 2nd goal that's even worse.
Go full panic mode, complete chaos.
Concede 3rd goal, drop heads, accept defeat.

Everything we do seems random.
Truth is you can't blame the players anymore at this point.

Erik has completely failed and anyone who doesn't see it at this point is just deluded.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
At least with Moyes, I, like most, expected rubbish.

I thought ten Hag would be good. I don't know if that makes it worse. He's definitely worse than van Gaal, José and Ole.
We're going to be stuck with his signings for a very long time. That by itself makes him worse than Moyes IMO. I didn't like the Fellaini signing, but at least he ended up being somewhat useful in the long run.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When there are no good tactics, no good coaching, no patterns of play, you know that the results with soon go to shit too. Many people were saying that for Ole too. It was absolutely clear last season that there was not much room for hope, we were bad for most of the season and absolute dogshit after the World Cup.
I think there was merit in expecting more though from Ten Hag due to the Ajax side he built and how they were well tactically drilled so you could be forgiven in giving him another season to sort that aspect out and due to last season where tactically it wasn't great at times but there were moments of tenacity and superb attitude from both players and the manager. This season has been horrible for you in pretty much every respect.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Totally toothless up front.
Totally exposed in midfield.
Totally inept at the back.

I gotta be honest, I think Dutch total football might be overrated.

Irwin99

Last season at times it really looked like he had something and was the guy to sort you out but feck me, you look absolutely terrible and I don't understand what your gameplan is in any game anymore and I don't think the players do either. It's so bad.
I think the plan is always to push a lot of players forward and nick the ball and get quick transitions and we do achieve this quite well, I mean look at how many errors we've forced from Villa-the problem is we do nothing when we actually get the ball because our attack is just abysmal . Add to this a defence and a goalkeeper that are shaky as feck and you have a team that can't score and that can't defend.

Oh and the midfield is terrible too.

Revan

Assumptionman
And mount, hojlund....basically any signings he's made apart from martinez can feck off.
You will realize next season that Martinez is not that good too. The most overrated player we have had in a very long time. An extremely average player that Caf claimed to be one of the best in the world.

OldSchoolManc

This is pure fekkin embarrassing. I have a Rangers fan here who confidently predicted what is happening right now.
We are a joke. Everyone is taking the piss out of us

Shark

@NotShark
And mount, hojlund....basically any signings he's made apart from martinez can feck off.
Hojilund looked good when he came in and then gradually turned to shit like the rest. He's very young so I'm willing to give him another chance under new management.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Getting untenable now. Could be 5 games without scoring tonight, on track for 36 goals this season. I don’t see how he turns this around.