Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 264 38.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 418 61.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Agree, it's disrespectful to Neville at this point.
Agreed. Neville wouldn't be this bad. Heck I keep reading the same Potter crap comments over and over again and i reckon he would do better than Ten Hag.

gaffs

I think I already gave my opinion in some thread about him. United needs a proven, near unanimous name to instill respect and discipline. They just can't miss in the next appointment. Amorim still needs to gain more experience and keep proving himself. I wouldn't go for him next. Maybe in the future if he keeps evolving and have more success. United is the pinnacle, or was, of managerial jobs. Amorim needs a better CV before getting the chance.
Agree on experience.

Good personality fit though?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Agree on experience.

Good personality fit though?
I think so. Always had good relationship with players. Sporting player seem to love working with him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It is absolutely hilarious that a fanbase literally worships the manager while at the same time refuses to lay any blame to the manager for this horror. While claiming that the United manager has the hardest job in the football. I mean, you can get trashed 7-0 against your most bitter rivals, lose more than half the matches, and still the fanbase is gonna sing your name while booing the players.

It is the easiest job in football. You just need to be mediocre so the fanbase worships you. And if you fail at that and are pathetic, like ETH is, the fanbase is still gonna worship you.

United is a cult to worship the manager, it is not a football club.
The lack of ruthlessness in our fanbase frustrates me to no end. Every player and every manager is just afforded endless excuses and “time” until it becomes 2-3 straight years of incompetence. I mean if Rashford went out and scored a brace in our next game you’d have people saying “he’s one of our own what a player!”

Skills

Snitch
The fact anyone is excusing this even slightly shows how apathetic the fans have become. This absolutely would not stand at a top club.
Or you just accept our fans for the most part are clueless?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The lack of ruthlessness in our fanbase frustrates me to no end. Every player and every manager is just afforded endless excuses and “time” until it becomes 2-3 straight years of incompetence. I mean if Rashford went out and scored a brace in our next game you’d have people saying “he’s one of our own what a player!”
You see that same mentality with the "sack vs keep" poll. Any time we pull off a draw or a win, it suddenly shifts a good 5-ish percentage points.

Hell, I got a few posters to admit earlier this season they'd be open to giving Martial a contract renewal, after he scored a goal or two.

OldSchoolManc

A major problem has been the fact that Ten Hag hasn’t felt like his job is in danger for the last few months.
If nobody is kicking the managers ass, who is kicking the players ass?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You will realize next season that Martinez is not that good too. The most overrated player we have had in a very long time. An extremely average player that Caf claimed to be one of the best in the world.

I mean at least martinez shows some passion at thos point its all I want.

Pronewbie

Peep
I can't imagine Brexit Jim's team seeing any long-term future at the club for the likes of Onana and Antony, or that they'll be part of any return to success. A failing manager isn't going to be kept on the basis of his failing players. Just throwing 90% of the Ten Hag era in the bin and pretending it never happened would be a net positive at this point.
All that takes time. Which means ETH will be given a chance to turn this around if he doesn't continue to flounder this badly.

el3mel

This actually has been our best game this season. We have been dominating it since their 2nd goal and wasted many chances. Deserved our two goals.

Feels like the Newcastle 3-2 game under Mourinho.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We scored our first goal and literally one minute later Aston Villa created their best chance of the second half which Onana saves. After our second goal minute later Evans makes goal side clearance. Absolute shambles of a football team, no organisation whatsoever.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We scored our first goal and literally one minute later Aston Villa created their best chance of the second half which Onana saves. After our second goal minute later Evans makes goal side clearance. Absolute shambles of a football team, no organisation whatsoever.
Hard to disagree.

TsuWave

He doesn't seem able to coach a compact off the ball shape. We're too easy to carve through. On the other hand, this is the most threatening we've looked attacking and it has seemingly been enough to overwhelm Villa, but yeah, that won't always be the case

slored1

He doesn't seem able to coach a compact off the ball shape. We're too easy to carve through. On the other hand, this is the most threatening we've looked attacking and it has seemingly been enough to overwhelm Villa, but yeah, that won't always be the case
This is because we have no physicality whatsoever. When we win our duels we look like a good team. When we don't, it looks shambolic. It is always going to be this way because of the man marking system, which requires intensity and physicality across the pitch.

Mwooyo

I really still want ETH to succeed but the dreaded 3-1-6 formation is still there though. Many times against villa Mainoo remains as the only person in the midfield and then a few other times wan bissaka tries to invert. We still have massive gaps in the midfield when opponents are transitioning. The positive is that on the ball we had eriksen and not mctominay and so the overall quality jumped up...but we really need to move away from this 3-1-6 thing. We will not play teams like villa every week that play a high line and leave massive space behind for rashford and Garnacho to exploit

Dannn411

Make no mistake. Crowd anger put us in a position to win this game tonight. Next to nothing to do with Ten Hag.

Irwin99

I really still want ETH to succeed but the dreaded 3-1-6 formation is still there though. Many times against villa Mainoo remains as the only person in the midfield and then a few other times wan bissaka tries to invert. We still have massive gaps in the midfield when opponents are transitioning. The positive is that on the ball we had eriksen and not mctominay and so the overall quality jumped up...but we really need to move away from this 3-1-6 thing. We will not play teams like villa every week that play a high line and leave massive space behind for rashford and Garnacho to exploit
I definitely give EtH and the players all the credit but dare i say, Villa were tactically awful at closing the game out? It's pretty easy to see what our plan was, if they'd defended much deeper i think it would have been harder for us to break them down.

I do think we deserve more credit for our pressing game though, we really did force so many errors and it's clearly the game plan we want to play.

TsuWave

This is because we have no physicality whatsoever. When we win our duels we look like a good team. When we don't, it looks shambolic. It is always going to be this way because of the man marking system, which requires intensity and physicality across the pitch.
which makes the addition of Mount all the more curious to me

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So simple, have 2 midfielders central and Bruno attacking! Not someone next to Bruno and we are lost in midfield. Ffs get it right now

el3mel

I enjoyed this immensely. I don't remember the last time I had fun with football like this.

Such games are the reason I keep coming back to this club. I know we're crap but I keep waiting for moments like these to reoccur. Reminds me of why I liked this club from the start. The never giving up mentality.

Make no mistake. We'll probably lose again very soon. I'm still Ten Hag out, but this was so good and I really enjoyed this game. This 2nd half was what I adore about Man United as a club.

It's a shame we don't see this often anymore but I'm gonna enjoy every second of it whenever it happens.

We dominated the game completely since their 2nd goal. We created ton of chances. We pressed them like maniacs. We put insane effort into this and showed the "never give up" mentality United are known for. We got rewarded for our efforts.

slored1

which makes the addition of Mount all the more curious to me
I guess he thought we could get away by having him press high up the pitch and then Casemiro would be the peak version of himself to cover behind. Unfortunately actual football matches are not played this way.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Well, spank my ass and call me Alejandro.

That was fecking amazing.

All concerns remain, all justified criticisms remain, but the players haven't given up on ETH.

Let's agree to shut up for a bit and just enjoy this. I'm off to celebrate.

love United!

Dannn411

So simple, have 2 midfielders central and Bruno attacking! Not someone next to Bruno and we are lost in midfield. Ffs get it right now
Even a donkey could see that was the solution.Will he stick with it or revert to type again?

Dinghy

Their crazy high line saved him this time. Anyone watching us regularly will know this is the only way we're able to do something.

GMoore23

It was as if he's told the players to abandon his tactics in the 2nd half and just play with balls.