Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 575 54.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 482 45.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Devil81

How does he expect to win a football match with no strikers.

Surely we have a kid in the youth set up that could play or come off the bench.

Sack him already.

NickJ

Defensively so naive as always, don’t know what they are being coached. How many goals can we continue to lose to a cut back at the edge of the box, why always drop so deep??

Robbie Boy

There's literally zero reasons to keep him. But.... I don't think he's going anywhere yet. The takeover has saved him, as he should have been sacked weeks ago. 9 points off top four and completely out of Europe by December is absolutely diabolical.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He can't adapt to anything. As soon as he discovered the players he had couldn't play the exact way he wanted them to be had no plan B. We've been middling about since he came in. We've never actually played "great". We've had some decent periods in matches but I can't remember the last time I thought we dominated a game against anyone.

If the solution to him becoming a great manager for us is "he needs to replace the entire first 11" then he's not right for us at all. The first spat of injuries and we'll be where we are right now, completely devoid of ideas.
Even having 11 new players won't fix this. You can't fix his shortcomings, it's fundamental. He's just not as good we thought, it happens. You move on and you don't let it bring your club down to the level we are now.

mintyred

Ok, so what are the excuses for Ten Hag this week? Is it that the grass was too long? or was it that the players weren't hydrated enough? Was the night moon not in proper orbit with Mercury's chakras?

Another display where we had no ideas and got outplayed, we've been outplayed by almost every team in the league and people still think a few players returning from injury will change things. Ten Hag is not a top manager. Same shit every week, and people think there would be a change with new owners for some reason.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He makes some really shit decisions. With the benefit of everything he's seen during his matches in charge of the club, what could possibly compel him to bring on McTominay for Mainoo?

I just don't get it. And even if Mainoo is broken or whatever, surely he should know by now that he has to change the setup if McTominay, Eriksen and Bruno are his only options?

Literally half the posters here could predict what would happen at the start of the second half. Why doesn't he see it?

And that's before we get started on our "attacking play" -- which, let's face it, is far too generous a label for what we're doing out there week in, week out. 22 goals in 20 league games tells you everything you need to know. Nothing short of disastrous. I've been in the "give him time until we sort out the rest of our shit" camp, but I'm losing all faith I had in him to make us click.

We've been shit for a year now, and he looks utterly incapable of turning it around.

Mike Smalling

He seems genuinely clueless about the quality of our players and how they impact the game. To maximize the chances to win this game, we needed to keep two positionally aware midfielders on to control the game and guard against the counter-attack. Also, it seems clear that Diallo is miles ahead of Antony as a player, so why not start him? Arguably, it would also have made sense to start Reguilon and have Dalot on his preferred side to increase our chances to score and take control.

He's done here. It's just a matter of timing now.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Seen enough now, about 200 posters saw the damage in midfield coming after taking Marino off, and he can’t?

Mentally weak manager too, lets his team get away with low intensity pedestrian performances week after week,

Also… fecking Antony FFS

LARulz

This loss is fully on him. Starting the donkey Antony and then bringing on McTominay who I defended but this was so fecking obviously not the game to do it in

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Once again a great chance missed to build on the back of good performance.

We'll beat Spurs, so don't expect him to get sacked anytime soon.

I want to see a major change in what we do, after he gets back all the injured players.

Insanely bad luck once again too - Hojlund gets sick when he would have eaten the grass today to score again. Mainoo getting injury.

After tonight he SHOULD see that even Amad is levels above Antony. Don't know what the hell is going on there, this guy showed glimpses of promise last season, this season he looks like he won't make it in League one..

El Jefe

I was ETH out at the start of the month and said the only thing that could change my mind was a good run in the December fixtures.

Our record this month is W2 D1 L4. Even if we win at Forest that is poor. He should still go at the end of the season when the Ineos chaps identify someone new.
Updating my post after the Villa game.

Our record in December is W2 D1 L5. It’s fecking unbelievable how people believe in this guy and even worse are those that allowed the Chelsea and Villa games to potentially change their opinion him being the man for us.

No doubt we have a squad of rubbish but the manager is equally as bad as the players. If not for Turner it would have been another scoreless game.

3KDré

Brailsford did not look impressed at all. He will be gone, I reckon as soon as the takeover is confirmed by the PL.

Longshanks

I think he's gone. Only the FA Cup game in the next two weeks and just two PL games until the end of January. Plenty of time to get the new guy in (interim or new appointment) and allow him to settle. I'm not ITN or anything, just a hunch.
Does seem to be a good time to do it. 2 weeks before our next PL game with an fa cup tie away against a team 18th in league one in-between. A chance for a new manager to get some fresh ideas into the squad.

DavelinaJolie

I do not understand why he waited until the end of the game to take off AWB, who was clearly miles off it, and bring Reguilon on. It was obvious before half time that change needed to be made.

As for Mainoo, at least he could have lasted the game, Eriksen was just plain bad, as bad as I've seen him. I'm a bit more forgiving of the whole McTominay thing these last few months because it's not like there were many options with all the injuries, and Amrabat, despite the Chelsea game, not being that good.

I just don't get what he is doing. The attacking play is so stale and lacking in ideas. We can't break down a team playing a deeper line, and the press is so inconsistent.

I'm just not seeing it. I had such hope for his tenure, but I can't see a positive ending.

gza the genius

I still had hope for him up until today. What in the world was that Mainoo for Mctominay sub. Who knows if it actually made a difference but it's certainly not a good look that both goals came from cutbacks to the middle where Mainoo should have been meanwhile Mctominay is just jogging about without a care in the world.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s on the brink for sure at this point. Not sure how it’s reached this point but we’re here.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If people can’t post in here without childish insults they’ll be warned.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Brailsford did not look impressed at all. He will be gone, I reckon as soon as the takeover is confirmed by the PL.
Does he understand the game enough to recognize these things?

Is there another person in the INEOS sporting structure that is watching these games and can report to Blanc & Brailsford?

That seems the only way something immediate takes place. It would need to be a damning report showing the past xx results and how the manager played a big role in them, imo. Unless someone like Brailsford is that clued up on football, or is a reactionary killer type.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
His supporters can’t be looking at that sub and still think he knows what he is doing. Terrible decisions time and time again, no evidence that he is coaching anything.

Doracle

A terrible match for ETH today. If the Mainoo sub at halftime really was tactical then it made no sense whatsoever and directly cost us the match.

Even at the end, a more daring manager might have switched to playing Scott upfront with Amad off him, Garnacho right and Rashford left.

Bobski

He makes some really shit decisions. With the benefit of everything he's seen during his matches in charge of the club, what could possibly compel him to bring on McTominay for Mainoo?

I just don't get it. And even if Mainoo is broken or whatever, surely he should know by now that he has to change the setup if McTominay, Eriksen and Bruno are his only options?

Literally half the posters here could predict what would happen at the start of the second half. Why doesn't he see it?

And that's before we get started on our "attacking play" -- which, let's face it, is far too generous a label for what we're doing out there week in, week out. 22 goals in 20 league games tells you everything you need to know. Nothing short of disastrous. I've been in the "give him time until we sort out the rest of our shit" camp, but I'm losing all faith I had in him to make us click.

We've been shit for a year now, and he looks utterly incapable of turning it around.
It worked because Villa's tactics were set up perfectly for the football tries ton play, quick transitions into the space behind. Pretty obvious that it was not going to be repeatable against a team that would defend deeper.

People read far too much into it, in the same way people talked up that league cup game against a Palace reserve team going through the motions.

redshaw

I called out the McTom sub at the time but lets be honest, it made us more shit than we were.

McTom shouldn't be in a defensive midfield position, we've seen for years him jogging back watching shots fly in. We were more secure without him but still atrocious to a team near the bottom of the league which is very alarming. We should be creating and peppering their goal with shots but there was nothing happening.

Our attack has been dead for a long time now, unless we have an open door to run into.

Danny

Lost count of the amount of goals, and chances, that we concede through a pull back or similar and no one tracks their man. Free shot at goal every time. Why can't ETH see this? Or does he?

Amad has played 20 mins and already looks better than £80m Anthony who he continues to pick. It's bizarre.

1 shot on target before half time from a full back (which was the same the other week when Shaw did). It's pathetic and I just don't see any implementation of any style of play whatsoever.

Breaking records each week for the wrong reasons. Has to be moved on now.

slored1

The worst thing is, we look shite with any midfield combination this season. Literally played all possible options and still cannot either score or defend against any serious team.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I don't understand a lot of ETH's decisions and I dont pretend to be tactically aware, but I do know that players should be used in their best positions - even my dog gets that much. Garnacho was great on the right the other night, so why was he back on the left tonight? Why?? Ole's team played as badly as this towards the end - but not as consistently. This is an utter shambles.

And what the hell is going on with all the illness and injuries?

The Hilton

Outside of Ajax, no serious team in Western Europe will touch him with a barge pole ever again after this.
:lol:

This is silly really, teams know how much of a mess this club is, there's a reason things have gone the same way with basically every manager. ETH won't struggle to find another job after this one, and will likely be quite successful.

Red Star One

I think Garnacho, Mainoo and a couple of others deserve a bit better. ETH seems beyond the point of being able to get past his stubbornness