Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 619 45.7%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 736 54.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Castia

Problem is we deserve every single loss we’ve been a complete joke all season. We’re literally one of the worst sides in the league at creating chances and scoring goals it’s simply unacceptable.

Worst ever points tally at this stage of the season coupled with the least amount of goals. Top 4 is virtually gone in December there’s zero chance we catch Arsenal we’re essentially 12 points behind

Malone_Post

I can’t take anyone who’s still defending this absolute car crash of a managerial reign seriously. It feels like it must be a social experiment at this point. See how bad things can get under a manger while still retaining the support of a section of fans.

I genuinely think we could end up in the relegation zone and you’d still hear fans cries of ‘but we just need Martinez & Shaw backkkk’ as we slip further and further into mediocrity.

It’s absolutely scandalous how bad we’ve been this season. Just look at the metrics, the statistics, the data. It’s absolutely disgusting. This is the worst it’s ever been since Sir Alex’s retirement. Anyone who tolerates this, or thinks it’s acceptable, is part of the problem. For a man that consistently talks about bringing standards back to the club, his supporters don’t half lower them in order to defend him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was already EtH out but that Mainoo substitution, and his comments about it post game where he says he didn't regret it, cements that there's no hope for him.

PoTMS

Problem is we deserve every single loss we’ve been a complete joke all season. We’re literally one of the worst sides in the league at creating chances and scoring goals it’s simply unacceptable.

Worst ever points tally at this stage of the season coupled with the least amount of goals. Top 4 is virtually gone in December there’s zero chance we catch Arsenal we’re essentially 12 points behind
Honestly, our points tally flatters us too. We are probably 8 or 9 points better off than our performances have warranted. We've genuinely been one of the worst teams in the league.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Honestly, our points tally flatters us too. We are probably 8 or 9 points better off than our performances have warranted. We've genuinely been one of the worst teams in the league.
There isn’t a single game this year where we dropped points where I felt we deserved more.

On the other hand there are multiple that we have won where I felt the other team would have been right to feel disappointed.

Castia

There isn’t a single game this year where we dropped points where I felt we deserved more.

On the other hand there are multiple that we have won where I felt the other team would have been right to feel disappointed.
The first game of the season against Wolves was the biggest robbery of the season we got absolutely battered for 90 minutes. Completely played off the park but nicked the points

honirelandboy

Sack him and get a manager in who can implement a 4-3-3 system. I’m sick of this fecking 4-2-3-1. It didn’t work under Ole and doesn’t work under Ten Hag. We are just not seeing any style of play and players seem to be all over the place with very few overlaps or movement.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Spurs ,Arsenal and Liverpool to me, actually. But obviously that were the matches we deserved something. Not counting the matches we deserved feck all but got something

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People are lying to themselves if they think we've been here before.

We've never been this bad before. We have 9 losses in 20 games. -5 GD. 22 goals scored in 20 goals. Our attacking metrics are up there with relegation teams. We have still not beaten a decent side away from home. Last in a relatively easy CL group. We've played well in like 3-4 games all season. We're an abject footballing side.

We have 14 losses in all competitions so far this season in only 28 or so games. The worst seasons of our other managers, we had like 15-16 losses in almost 50+ games.

Ten Hag has been backed more than any other manager and we've never been this bad. Anyone defending him is clearly a WUM at this point and I can't take their football viewpoint seriously.
Ding ding ding. This is the worst it has been post SAF and the scary thing is, it will get even worse.

Hoof the ball

Uncalled for, have a word with yourself ffs
Obviously I agree that another poster probably shouldn't be referring to EtH as a wanker, but meanwhile, prior to that post there's a number of posts referring to EtH as a cnut, obviously a more unacceptable term, yet, it is not pulled up. Matter of fact, it's almost a daily feature on the Caf, in reference to X player or manager.

Gotta have consistency in this place.

croadyman

Completely agree,very lucky to beat Wolves,Forest and Brentford just at home,that's not mentioning the narrow wins at Fulham and Sheff Utd too

mu4c_20le

I was already EtH out but that Mainoo substitution, and his comments about it post game where he says he didn't regret it, cements that there's no hope for him.
He doesn't trust youth, and was only forced to use them at Ajax because of injuries. I'm sure a few Ajax fans can attest to this.

crossy1686

career ending
Yes, but who?
Literally any decent manager that’s available for 6 to potentially 18 months?

People are adverse to sacking a manager because the best manager in the world isn’t available. Just roll the dice, if it doesn’t work then you sack him next year and try again. You don’t have to marry every manager we appoint and give him keys to the kingdom.

dave1956

In the 145 years since the formation of Utd., there has been only 3 really successful managers. Mangnall, Busby ( His first period ) and Ferguson, who have won league titles and cups during their years of tenure. I believe that is because they had the ability to harness the strengths of the players they managed and off set their weakness by astute what we now call systems of play.
It would appear that our present manager is one of the many past managers who have not found that balance. The balance of strengths, weaknesses and then introducing a method of play which the players can adopt consistently is missing in this present squad. For example playing Rashford as a ( Former term ) center forward is wrong as he does not have the ability to play in that position which has been proved numerous times.
His coaches must also take responsibility, either they are failing to implement his tactics to the players successfully or they are not informing the manager that
the players are not capable of carrying out his plan. There is also the possibility that he is not taking in the coaches comments.
We also have too many players who are incapable of playing a ball with both feet, now this is a coaching issue, they should be made to focus everyday on becoming proficient with both feet, it is only a matter of practice.
My other point is that our present manager continues to state that injuries and illness has disrupted his team selection and changes had to be made. However, both Busby in his time and Ferguson put in place a system whereby these problems were reduced. They both implemented a coaching system whereby every footballing level at the club played to the same system, so a player from the youth side progressing to the reserves and a player from the reserves could slot into the next level knowing how it would play and it worked.
Sadly until as a club it once again focuses on the restructuring the footballing side of the club and implementing a footballing system/style from the most junior sides to the the senior team we will remain as we have been been for the majority of our history a middle level club with the occasional cup winning season.
I know that a many of you on this forum will disagree with this post, but it is my thoughts and observations having supported this club since 1956.

Salford_Red83

Rambling about injuries on Sky right now.
The injury excuse is getting on my nerves now.

Yes I know we've got injuries, but we have a squad of 30+ first teamer, then there's the reserves, not to mention the youth teams that he can draw upon. The majority of those lads will play out of their skin if given a shot at the first team.

But no, keep playing McTominay at DM, keep playing Rashford as a striker, keep playing Dalot at LB, keep persisting with Antony. Surely, at some point it will click, right? RIGHT?

sepulturite

Obviously I agree that another poster probably shouldn't be referring to EtH as a wanker, but meanwhile, prior to that post there's a number of posts referring to EtH as a cnut, obviously a more unacceptable term, yet, it is not pulled up. Matter of fact, it's almost a daily feature on the Caf, in reference to X player or manager.

Gotta have consistency in this place.
That's true, but as @Solius said in this thread? I think, posters have to report these things, the mods don't see everything. For example I only saw that post I quoted, I didn't see any of the cnut ones, which as you basically said are worse.

And yep it is a daily feature, and it's just not on. Look at the abuse Ole got at the end of his stint here, a club legend, and we had posters here acting like he'd just fecked a family member while forcing them to watch.

Stuu

The injuries excuse is ridiculous. Our forward line has been mostly fit all season and even when Casemiro et al were fit at the start it was the same dross. The first half against Forest was a showcase of everything that is wrong with our attacking play. One-legged wingers coming to the inside where all the traffic is and then passing backwards slowing the buildup to a crawl (when they don't lose it outright). Fullbacks who barely overlap and even when they do can't cross a ball to save their lives. I could go on all day. It really was amazing. I have never seen a team with so much possession that clueless on how to score a goal. Anthony topped it off when he turned a crossing opportunity into throw-in after dicking around for 30 seconds letting the defence get set. A real magician.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
The injury excuse is getting on my nerves now.

Yes I know we've got injuries, but we have a squad of 30+ first teamer, then there's the reserves, not to mention the youth teams that he can draw upon. The majority of those lads will play out of their skin if given a shot at the first team.

But no, keep playing McTominay at DM, keep playing Rashford as a striker, keep playing Dalot at LB, keep persisting with Antony. Surely, at some point it will click, right? RIGHT?
Yeah this is pissing me off , every team has an injury list as long as your arm, you can’t hinge your hopes on injured players that sometimes have minimal impact.

Casemiro started the season terribly.
Shaw and Martinez came back and weren’t that great maybe shaw was ok.
No one wanted Maguire starting
Mount was hardly pulling up trees.

So the injury thing only goes so far, maybe some of those would have played into form but we do have youngsters and players that have been ignored.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Most of the fanbase won't regret when he gets the boot. He can also take this McTominay fecker to his next club.

laughtersassassin

It's actually proper mental he hasn't been sacked by now and what's more it doesn't even seem like it's close.

Sure the ownership situation but feck me it's literally our worst modern day season by an absolute mile.

TheLord

I don't care if we bring a young interim in place, but ETH has to go before the new year.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been so bad that if the players coached themselves, we'd likely be better off.

Our worst season in decades by far and he's still getting absolved from blame by fans in here(and in general) and in the media.

When Ineos complete the takeover, the first thing they should do is boot this conman from the club and then everyone associated with the recruitment the past decade.

RedRover

Because it’s shit. It’s not working. It’s not even showing improvement. If he can’t figure out a way to make it work, and also refuses to change it when it doesn’t work, then he’s not fit for the job. If we can’t score goals and we can’t defend goals, what’s the point of his system?
In most jobs a persistent failure to perform results in the sack.

Only a matter of time here. New owners in already he’d already be gone.

ehizario

I hope he goes quickly. But I can see FA Cup wins and a good performance against a reckless Spurs high line at home. We then waste the winter break sticking with ETH convinced of another false dawn, then lose 2/3 to Wolves, West Ham and Villa before finally sacking him.
You're seeing the future mate, Spurs is absolutely horrible too with their arrogant highline. But I think Sir Brailsford might have a different report for his boss. Ten Hag might go earlier

ehizario

Please I want someone to enlighten me on how we must pay 15m to sack ten Hag?
If he's sacked and he gets another job in few months, don't we stop the salary payments? Or if he earns lower on the new job, we make up the balance to meet what he earned at Utd??
Anybody please
I want ten Hag out like yesterday, he's killing our players morale

TsuWave

People are lying to themselves if they think we've been here before.

We've never been this bad before. We have 9 losses in 20 games. -5 GD. 22 goals scored in 20 goals. Our attacking metrics are up there with relegation teams. We have still not beaten a decent side away from home. Last in a relatively easy CL group. We've played well in like 3-4 games all season. We're an abject footballing side.

We have 14 losses in all competitions so far this season in only 28 or so games. The worst seasons of our other managers, we had like 15-16 losses in almost 50+ games.

Ten Hag has been backed more than any other manager and we've never been this bad. Anyone defending him is clearly a WUM at this point and I can't take their football viewpoint seriously.
All facts