Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 249 38.0%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 407 62.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dannn411

We’re no better than we were under Ole, it would be idiotic to persist with him beyond this season, nothing will change if he stays it is same performance week in week out.
We are significantly worse than we were under Ole pre-Ronaldo signing. This is as bad as the end of the Jose era if not worse. I would have launched him into the sun in January. We might be better off by now.

Crashoutcassius

Think he has to go at end of season. Has had time. Players are a lot better than fulhams today for example. Incredibly poor tactics and coaching of the team. No urgency going forward, wide open going the other way, I understand one or other of those thing but we consistently have both.

Acquire Me

Are we seriously going to use the injuries excuse against Fulham?
We need new players, it’s not going to work with a team like this. I knew beforehand that we would struggle. With Højlund and Shaw we would probably win it.

acnumber9

When other teams bring a full back into midfield it’s to give them a numerical advantage. When we do it it’s to make up for the fact he refuses to pick a midfield. All it achieves is leaving gaping holes on our right flank. His tactics are shite and another year with him will be another year wasted.

Orange Tree

We aren't going anywhere when we concede chances for fun.

17 shots at home against Fulham.

RedDevilQuebecois

Solskjaer on interim, anyone? This is awful.
feck Ole.

If I have to get someone in right now as an interim and then perhaps more depending on team performances, I say go with Ruud, who built most of the current PSV powerhouse from youth teams to the first team.

Being dominated by "lesser" teams regularly. The day most of these players are gone, is a day I really look forward to.

dirkey

Sack him tomorrow. Get a head start on the search. Pitiful crap. Clueless.

KD6-3.7

Lots of excuses about our iniuries but it's simply just another terrible performance, just without the result to mask it.

KrasHammerhand

After that display he has to go. We were dominated at home by Fulham. I have been a supporter of EtH it is done. One is needs to bring in thier choice now and start the rebuild.

Joseunited

Shocking decision making from start to finish today.
He won't be good enough for INEOS, he's off.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sacked in the morning.
I don't think so. He's gone in the summer without a doubt, and the new leadership team will be evaluating candidates between now and then (and probably putting out feelers through intermediaries) so we're not scrambling at the least minute.

Atheist

If this season is a lost cause already, why give him until the end of the season? May as well get a replacement manager with some games under the belt to assess the squad if that’s possible.

Ceteris

Shows more fight against journalists than coaching our team.

Get rid now!!

Superden

feck moaning about the players, the buck stops with the manager. he has to go after that performance. an average Fulham side, missing their best player and they ran rings around us, tactically and physically. literally you could say. and feck moaning about injuries, its clearly about more than just the individuals. and lets not forget this the is then umpteenth horror show under his watch.

laughtersassassin

So who do you think we take the punt on?

Not any top coaches around.

Julian Nagelsman maybe?

One thing's for sure with how we play football it'd be nuts to keep ETH.

lsd

The Oracle
Was the worst choice of a manager we have made since Moyes. We got exactly what we deserved for being so dumb

atkar83

This has run it's course. Whatever he's trying it's not working. And his subs are actually making us worse more often than improving the situation. The world can see that with our squad we'd be better off playing deep and compact and breaking at pace. Instead Ten Hag has us stretched out. Its crazy. We play poor football. We only look half decent when we're desperate and whatever plan we started with goes out of the window. We've seen enough to know we're going nowhere under Ten Hag.
This is been United for the past 10 seasons. We can play a game or three per season where everything clicks like it's supposed to for that manager, but eventually the tires fall off and we have to rely on hero ball to get 95% of our wins. That's 4+ managers now and lots of turnover in players, it just doesn't make sense why it's still happening with a supposed tactical coach in ETH

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We aren't going anywhere when we concede chances for fun.

17 shots at home against Fulham.
No it's fine. I've been told that in here for weeks.

Wonder what mental gymnastics will be used to justify it today.

Paranoid Android

We need a new manager ASAP. Get someone in who actually understands how to set up a team for modern, controlling football and who doesn't have to rely on individual moments and his entire first 11 being fit to actually have a hope of getting something.

Appalling.

Woziak

Amen. Its pretty much the standard Ten Hag performance. Just no lucky bailout this time.
I genuinely think he’s being sacked and it wouldn’t matter if he made the CL, Sir Jim interview was telling, we decide the style of football and the coach must play that way. ETH gone 100%.

CallyRed

Based on what we have heard from Sir Jim this week, I get the feeling Erik isn't for him, and I can see him being moved on. Even more so if we don't get top 4, which is highly likely.

TsuWave

The funny thing is this result is more in line with out recent performances than the fluke wins we managed to bag. People here didn’t want to hear it though.

we are awful.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Worst coach is the world. Stubborn in his own way and he thinks he is the smartest person. I would either play Rashford on left or drop him. Why is Forsten starting instead of Amad? Why is there is lack of energy with 1 week of rest? Playing at home, can such shit performance be allowed? Why are we crave open again and again by in lowly opponents in Old Trafford. Can Ratcliffe just sack him now? If you can't beat Fulham and have same points as Spurs, what are you good for? I expect a beating from City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
No-one should be surprised. Everyone who saw our recent wins could see it was not sustainable. We haven’t improved much if at all.
I'm afraid we've gone backwards under Ten Hag. Poor signings in the main, general lack of any ideas on the pitch, strange selections before and during the match. I can't see Jim Ratcliffe putting up with this for much longer.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
One semi final, five years ago is what his entire reputation is based on.

Once you break it down, it's clear he is no more suitable for the job than any manager in the bottom half of the table.

Red-17

Bruno on the right wing is a sackable offense. I understand trying it last year a few times but it is obvious that it doesn't work, and even more obvious if you are going to simultaneously invert your fullback into the same place Bruno is going. That second half is the worst in game management I can remember in a long time.