Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 284 39.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 428 60.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Overhaul FC

Can't knock Ten Hag for today. We had a chance at winning but Lindelof is supposedly a defender all of his career to date but never ever attempts to tackle his man.

A docile defender that needs to be sold for sure in the summer.

GMoore23

Jim needs to show some intent and sack this imbecile now.
It won't be hard to replace him. Even Phelan could do better for the remainder of the season and that's saying something.
We've got De Boer MKII currently.

Castia

Shite

Don’t let the 1-0 fool you we were shocking for 90 minutes

He then killed the game with the subs

Ibi Dreams

Can't knock Ten Hag for today. We had a chance at winning but Lindelof is supposedly a defender all of his career to date but never ever attempts to tackle his man.

For today, the game plan and team did about as well as we could have hoped.

Problem being, he's not just become the manager today. He's had nearly two seasons and this is the best we can hope for against City - camping outside our box and then eventually losing anyway

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Every time I watch United I start to wonder how the hell he dominated Real, Juve, Dortmund etc. with Ajax.

led_scholes

Pathetic game plan. And once again we look as a bunch of strangers.

Only a miracle should save him now (if somehow we win all the games and sneak on top 4).

Telsim

I don't know how much longer I can take watching us look like scared, little puppies every time we play a top club. Every. Single. fecking. Time. I spit and piss on this counterattacking crap (cue the resident "expert" telling me how this is actually super hipster cutting-edge "transitional" football that I'm too dumb to understand). :houllier: The "United DNA" apparently. This is absolute trash football that wins some games and doesn't win any titles. When are we going to look like an actually elite team? Or have we just accepted we are simply a B-tier club and can't go toe-to-toe with the big boys?

It has me feeling relieved we didn't lose 7:0 ., instead of feeling pissed off we didn't win. feck this :mad::mad:

r0663664

Worships Man City
Useless team with a useless coach, what can I say. Spending 400 million on wrong players and wrong position. Worst coach is history for me since I started watching for the last 40 years.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Every time I watch United I start to wonder how the hell he dominated Real, Juve, Dortmund etc. with Ajax.
They had better players than we’ve got. We don’t even have 1 midfielder that’s technically good.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Spineless and hasn't shown any progress or style of football.

Should be sacked alone for the subs made today.

OldSchoolManc

Dead man walking.
CANNOT lose this many games in a season as a United manager. We are toothless too, no cutting edge whatsoever. The amount of shots opponents have is a disgrace too, especially when it includes every team we play

hobbers

"Heh, we trust the process. We go in the right direction, heh."

We've become worse and worse on an almost game-by-game basis under ETH since this time last year.

DavelinaJolie

Shite

Don’t let the 1-0 fool you we were shocking for 90 minutes

He then killed the game with the subs
Oh being ahead never fooled anyone, I think, but realistically was anything he could have done today going get something from this?

Now if you want to argue that this is the legacy of his coaching this season, that this team is so bereft of systemic quality that he has to park the bus and play hoofcounterball, then sure, I'm down with that.

AndySmith1990

Just waiting for the gormless bellend to come out after the match and say we played well and he's happy with our progress

NK86

“Cannot knock Ten Hag”? Were you high while watching the game?

City absolutely dominated us start to finish. Rashford let leash for a wonder goal and we had a couple of decent positions on the counter, but City were pulling us apart and it always looked a matter of WHEN and not IF they will score.

Eth is a goner and even he knows it perhaps. We are now just going through the motions before Ineos pull the trigger at the end of the season. We have been absolutely crap since the League cup win last season and have no style or substance to our football. He is just not the guy to take us forward.

Tiber

I thought we would lose by 4, so hey he wasnt as hopeless as I expected. Growth

All for sacking him but as Ineos seem in love with Graham Potter the future may not be much brighter

Nep77

Red flag was there when he went and signed Mount for 55 million after the decent season we had to build upon. He values physicality and work rate above Technical ability which is extremely odd for someone who was a successful Ajax manager. He has been hampered by injury this season but having no distinct style, disjointed play and bizarre in game management including subs are all on him.