Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 249 37.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 408 62.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He occasionally comes to games with a decent plan, opposition adjusts to it and he just stands there doing feck all. His in game management is pathetic, stubbornly thinking the opposition adjustments that clearly work, won't actually last

E-mal

For ETH, the midfield must be some sort of sacred place that has to be left unoccupied at all times. What a joke of a manager. Nauseating stuff
He is out of his depth as her his players

Valencia Shin Crosses

It’s mental and it happened 2-3 times before the eventually scored and the coach didn’t do anything. We have been doing it for two years now and the coach doesn’t do anything. It’s honestly ridiculous.
Nah it’s because he doesn’t have the right players and structure above him. Thats why our midfield is set up like this every game.

hobbers

And more and more it's clear that he's at fault for our muscle injuries this season.

Look at how gassed we are compared to Liverpool who played on Thursday. Why? Because we play a system that needs 6 players to cover 50-60 yards every transition and they dont.

We are mentally and physically gassed to feck yet again.

Revan

Assumptionman
This idea of playing without midfield, surprisingly seems to not work that well.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He’s done great today taking us to a 1-0 lead but players let him down collapsing after that. Can ETH get us a draw now, let’s see.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This is genuinely maddening. How can any purported progressive, modern manager set up like this?
I still don't know what 'modern' manager means. Especially if Ten Hag is supposed to be one and our previous manager wasn't.

Is it modern to play without a midfield?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
And more and more it's clear that he's at fault for our muscle injuries this season.

Look at how gassed we are compared to Liverpool who played on Thursday. Why? Because we play a system that needs 6 players to cover 50-60 yards every transition and they dont.

It is not his job to manage that.

Chairman Steve

I really want him to succeed and was delighted that we got him, but he just keeps making mistakes over and over again. I just don’t understand why the chasm of no midfield is still around, even though it’s been pretty clear since the first league game of the season against Wolves.

We go through random periods of games where we look good and then suddenly shite. We have a big problem in mentality once we concede a goal. We could be 3-0 up, the opposition make it 3-1 and you just know 3-3 is possible.

Winrar

What's the reason for keeping him as our manager besides the irrational need to defend him by any means?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He’s done great today taking us to a 1-0 lead but players let him down collapsing after that. Can ETH get us a draw now, let’s see.
Many people unironically making that argument in the matchday thread. Another great one I got today was "stop complaining and just enjoy this".

AndySmith1990

I still don't know what 'modern' manager means. Especially if Ten Hag is supposed to be one and our previous manager wasn't.

Modern means you use words like press and transition, instead of fusty old words like double pivot and zonal marking

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He occasionally comes to games with a decent plan, opposition adjusts to it and he just stands there doing feck all. His in game management is pathetic, stubbornly thinking the opposition adjustments that clearly work, won't actually last
He is out of his depth and he knows it

Robbie Boy

He has zero accountability these days. He can't be judged until we have a new 25 man squad.
The excuses for him have entered full blown Ole territory now. The famous "you can't blame him for what the players do on the pitch" line is being used yet again.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Supports
The excuses for him have entered full blown Ole territory now. The famous "you can't blame him for what the players do on the pitch" line is being yet again.
Unless they do good things on the pitch like score goals and win games, in which case he gets plenty of credit

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This shit today is on INEOS. If we sacked this fraud, we could be walking CL qualification.

The money they'd have paid him would have been returned multiple times from making the new and more lucrative CL format.

DWelbz19

Rasmus very much looked rushed back into the game.

I really hope the manager is not here next season, solely for the long term fitness of guys like Mainoo, Garnacho, and Hojlund.

Revan

Assumptionman
Unless they do good things on the pitch like score goals and win games, in which case he gets plenty of credit
It is players fault when we lose, and manager must be praised when we win.

It has been like this since Moyes for every manager except Rangnick.

Big Ben Foster

Supports

I really hope the manager is not here next season, solely for the long term fitness of guys like Mainoo, Garnacho, and Hojlund.
Was just thinking about this earlier. The news that Mount was brought into the squad ahead of the international break "due to Casemiro's injury" also appeared to me as another potential case of rushing a player back.

hobbers

Mainoo is the one I'm most worried for. It's a miracle he's avoided injuries after being out so long and brought into games against Newcastle, Liverpool etc in this suicidal system.

Robbie Boy

Yes, he was meant to be one, but he isn't. Ole played utter shite too. Onto the next.

AndySmith1990

He's been rushing players back all season. Then when they get injured it's used as an excuse in his favour. The whole situation is a parody. I'm sick of it.