Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 430 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 461 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't imagine Ratcliffe, Berrada and the rest of them watching this and thinking "This is our guy for next year" or "This is a performance we can build on...".

Superunknown

I'm convinced the guy has a kink for being dominated, the way so many teams take the utter piss out of us.

We need a camera on him for the next game to be certain. If those hands start disappearing, we'll know for sure.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He must go. This isn't a football team. It's a clown show.

Actually a clown show probably has more structure then this.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Realistically we have to get used to this because he’s not going anywhere.

mintyred

Brentford have lost 14 games this season but I knew they'd get something today against a team with CL ambitions... We can make anyone look good. ETH is not a top manager, anyone can see that.

Godfather

Not his fault. Players let him down immensely. He did great to sub Mount in and got us the goal but players lost it.
Nice try mate.
But honestly this is unbearable at this point. It's hardly football we are playing under him.

Rockets Redglare

I'm convinced the guy has a kink for being dominated, the way so many teams take the utter piss out of us.

We need a camera on him for the next game to be sure. If those hands start disappearing, we'll know for sure.
Thanks for giving me a laugh after that shite anyway :lol:

baskinginthesun

I doubt any manager coaches a team to 'hold the lead'. Our players should collectively have done better in clearing the danger there.
They haven't done all season why would you expect them to do it here. It's a defensive problem that Ten Hag can't solve. It's the same goal we've given up time and time again. That's a tactical problem.

Amsterdam Devil

Not his fault. Players let him down immensely. He did great to sub Mount in and got us the goal but players lost it.
haha, it’s never ever his fault right? It’s all on the players every time, except when we win then it’s his great coaching. How can you still defend this shitshow? We are outplayed again by a mediocre team with mediocre players.

Ollie Derbyshire

Has to go as we‘re simply getting battered by everyone and we are playing the worst football I can remember. We need to clear out half the squad, manager and coaches.

UDontMessWith24

He can’t get them to work hard on a consistent basis. Unless he instructed his players not to run, but you’d have to be a complete clown to believe that right?

cpresc

Yeah the past 2 weeks I was in the frame of mind of, eh, maybe he can still turn it around.

Nah. He's a dud. Is clueless defensively.
This time last year I couldn't even imagine agreeing with this.

But unfortunately I do.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Shit manager and shit team, if Ineos knows who they want to hire then sack Eric immediately. There is no point waiting, I don't see a chance that we finish top 5 with this manager and team. Let's remove the suffering of fans with the removal of this guy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sorry but that was horrendous. Hoped they would carry on the feelgood factor from the cup win, but nope. Don't know if earlier results today sent them out with wrong attitude, but it is the managers job to keep them fired up.

lsd

The Oracle
Excuse me for being happy that we scored :lol:

Not sorry.

I mean I was delighted when we scored but when they equalised I just had to go yeah that's justice that's the least Brentford deserved.

Luckily we didn't play the second period of extra time and just played the first

Bobski

His whole approach makes no sense, massive gaps left in midfield by pushing 2 midfielders high, everything is about the long ball down the flanks in transition, no focus on control of territory, possession, tempo, it is all invite them on, lump it to the fast guys in the space they leave. Pure fecal matter approach.

Dominos

There are still people who think he's building something...

We'd literally have to be relegated for some fans to open their eyes. 2 years, 400 million and we're getting battered by lower half teams on the regular.

I just don't get why we're overcomplicating this. We can't play football, we're worse than Ole's tenure.

Dinghy

We need a camera on him for the next game to be certain. If those hands start disappearing, we'll know for sure.
:lol:

RORY65

With Ashworth not likely to be in the situ for this summer he won't have the proper structure yet so presumably we can't judge him next season either, maybe by the year after we can start to make an assessment if giving up chance after chance against every team in the league is bad.

Alan Pardew

Supports
Newcastle United
A level or two below Moyes. How do you go from beating your rivals 4-3 in the FA cup to come out against a struggling Brentford with a cowardly deep sitting formation and zero gameplan at all?

Shark

@NotShark
It's always the players letting him down. His team, that he's supposed to be motivating. Do they even require much motivating after beating Liverpool in the final minutes? This is absolutely nothing new either, we've been watching this all season, particularly on the road.

hobbers

Nagelsmann and Amorim literally sitting by their phones waiting for Liverpool to call.

But nah some would have us waste another season with the fraud who sets his team up to concede 31 shots against a dismal Brentford side