Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 431 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 462 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rolaholic

Probably won't be sacked until Chelsea beat us again at Wembley in a few weeks.

Officially won't have anything left to play for this season afterwards

Fts 74

Hes gone in the summer without a doubt. This chaos just isn't acceptable, i was one who didn't want him sacked but I changed my mind a few weeks back.I respect the posters like @VP89 who've backed him up until now and finally realise he's done people shouldn't be rubbing his nose in it, none of us enjoy where we are right now, the summer can't come soon enough for me this season has been a disaster.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not just annoying but condescending, making out they know more about football, that one guy I can’t think of his username, something like don’tmesswith has been insufferable. Now they start changing their mind and want to forget all that they said about them knowing more and having a fit team will change it all
This. Such a hard headed bunch even when it's so fecking blatant.

ETH is done. Any other big club would have sacked him by now

Laurencio

I think Liverpool being next means it’s hard to sack him and give anyone half a chance at a good start.

I might be crazy but I still think there is like a 35% chance he stays on beyond.

Perfect storm of competing with other top clubs for top managerial candidates.

The two best ones not at “big” clubs aren’t moving.
If he gets sacked now it will be McClaren until the end of the season I reckon, no chance a new guy comes in to be weighed down by this shitshow.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not really about next season now but really about if we're more likely to win the FA Cup by sacking him immediately and having an interrim finish out the season Spurs-Mourinho style. If he stays on it's because he's more likely to beat City than his assistants are.

PoTMS

If he gets sacked now it will be McClaren until the end of the season I reckon, no chance a new guy comes in to be weighed down by this shitshow.
Feck it, give me Schteve over whatever this crap is.

TsuWave

It's still half the team, and includes several of our most highly paid and valued players.
it’s still half the team what? How many managers do you think go into a club and have a whole team just comprised of players they bought within two years? Or that are only judged when the team is solely comprised of players they bought? What are you people even arguing now?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes gone in the summer without a doubt. This chaos just isn't acceptable, i was one who didn't want him sacked but I changed my mind a few weeks back.I respect the posters like @VP89 who've backed him up until now and finally realise he's done people shouldn't be rubbing his nose in it, none of us enjoy where we are right now, the summer can't come soon enough for me this season has been a disaster.
Cheers - my stance has been consistent. I wanted to give him patience until he could play full backs in a full back role, center backs at center back whilst still not being hampered with injury elsewhere on the pitch.

I've had enough of a sample size to know those performances are inexcusable. He had personnel today and vs Brentford (and in a couple others) in the right positions to show better structure.

Valencia Shin Crosses

This. Such a hard headed bunch even when it's so fecking blatant.

ETH is done. Any other big club would have sacked him by now
Which is strange because there has been an overwhelming amount of actual objective data showing how poor we've been, you'd think those that fancy themselves intellectuals wouldn't be able to ignore it after a while. Normally the hard headed ones are the old school fans

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Oh dear!

You people never learn do you?

That's hilarious.:lol:

Soooo...

;)

I hope these morons leave with Erik.

Wow, really? Hypocritical much? :rolleyes:

If you can't take it don't fecking give it out! Here you are gloating, not the only one mind. But then have the fecking nerve to get the arse when someone calls you out. You're as much as a clown as the prat you keep defending. :houllier:
I posted when we had scored and then when we took the lead.

A point at which I believe Manchester United fans would be happier.

That’s not the same after a loss like that.

But hey I’m a moron and a clown.

For being positive and enjoying the good moments of tonights game. Not revelling in the misery of fellow fans.

renatosanches85

The new regime aren’t going to start off by sacking a manager before an FA cup final, by the time that match is played the season will be over if we don’t win it, there wont be much point in sacking him. They will be doing their due diligence now and I firmly expect a new manager in place by mid to late June.

Jezpeza

I don’t necessarily want him sacked, but I don’t think I’d complain either. It’s getting a bit like Ole towards the end. It’s got that inevitability about it.
all that can be said is the league season ends in 8 games. All thats really up for grabs for us there now is to avoid breaking some records - record losses in a PL season, lowest finish, lowest points in a PL season, lowest goals in a PL season.

can see us not even making the conference league at this rate.

is he better off losing to coventry to stop a potential mauling in the cup final being the sign off to the season?

United Hobbit

I hope Sir Jim calls him aside straight after the match and gives him his P45

Completely and utterly unacceptable

I'd be very interested in the stats of number of games where we've shot ourselves in the foot this season by throwing away a lead through stupid mistakes. It cost us in the CL, you'd think we'd have learnt from it - clearly not

I wouldn't be upset if he took a good few of these players with him when shown the door

The one good thing he can do now is keep us out of Europe all together as I think CL is well and truly gone at this stage - despite the lifeline of 5 places.

I can see us loosing to Coventry because we will treat them with the same lack of respect we did Brentford, lack of work rate included. Oh look what happened as a consequence...

Last edited:

PoTMS

For being positive and enjoying the good moments of tonights game. Not revelling in the misery of fellow fans.
You weren't being positive though, were you? This is exactly what you were doing. You turned a positive into an opportunity to deliberately antagonise others. You can't then spit your dummy out when you get it back.

Delano

I was a fan before he came and thought he did a great job last year. This year, I've just lost faith.

I was worried early on in the season with his set up, hoped he changed it, but got to the point where I realised he was to stubborn too.

That midfield set up in and out of possession is criminal. The gaps across the field are mental and the lack of discipline in the pressing is schoolboy. It's the worst in the league and the data shows it.

We've seen all this since the first game versus Wolves and he's refused to change it. We can blame personale all we want, but the conceding of chances and goals is on him and his set up.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
it’s still half the team what? How many managers do you think go into a club and have a whole team just comprised of players they bought within two years? Or that are only judged when the team is solely comprised of players they bought? What are you people even arguing now?
Tbf I'm confused at what you think I'm arguing too :lol: I think ten Hag should go tomorrow, I also hope we don't get any more "fresh starts" for any players that have failed spectacularly under 3+ managers now.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Cheers - my stance has been consistent. I wanted to give him patience until he could play full backs in a full back role, center backs at center back whilst still not being hampered with injury elsewhere on the pitch.

I've had enough of a sample size to know those performances are inexcusable. He had personnel today and vs Brentford (and in a couple others) in the right positions to show better structure.
But you didn’t you say it was Martinez (and shaw) thst we were missing and it would change with those? And it’s because we had to play Maguire then we couldn’t see what ten hag wanted to do.

saivet

It’s a massive shame because when we play well we’re really good, and like Ole + LVG we’ve brought through exciting young players. It’s bad though when even you’ve turned mate. :lol:
This is where I disagree. These really good performances are few and far between. I don't think it's a case of use being inconsistent but we're pretty consistently mediocre imo.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But you didn’t you say it was Martinez (and shaw) thst we were missing and it would change with those? And it’s because we had to play Maguire then we couldn’t see what ten hag wanted to do.
I did, but I caveated that by saying we didn't have the profiles to cover them. Having Varane Maguire Dalot and wan bissaka should show some sembelence of control, and it hasn't.

Redstain

The breadcrumbs have been there all season since around 8 games in. Many have convoluted injuries as the key constraint behind the teams detriment but it's been demonstrable since Wolves that the performances have been abysmal. I'm infuriated that tonight's game has panned out the way it has, I have been skeptical of Erik ever since he abandoned last seasons system and made the decision to merge two philosophies attributing it to the United DNA but tonight was nothing short of an embarrassment.

This is the worst United have looked under any manager for me. The key factor is that with the likes of Ole / Jose they lost the dressing room before the team plummeted. On the other hand, with the current manager it's the structure that has decimated the consistency this season. Could you imagine how bad it would be if he did indeed lose the dressing room to the extent Jose did? I don't even think I could fathom how despicable the standard would be.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

No, you enjoy gloating after we scored. And trying to rub people up the wrong way, then put people on your list when they gloat back :lol:

now just random posts asking when others think he’ll be sacked as if it’s been obvious to you all along. It’s great to see

Xadek

We used to have Fergie time, now we have Erik time which is the absolute opposite.

city-puma

It should be clear now that it is his grand plan to playing that way. The flaws we observe every game don’t change his mind. I think adding the right profile of a few players can make it work out. Unfortunately, he and the recruiting team wasted two transfer windows, financially and opportunistically. That’s what results in such a shit situation.

spwd

But you obviously quoted people for a reason. You could've just enjoyed it without the need to do that but you didn't.
So it wasn't just about the win/draw.

Stadjer

I still think it would change the team quite a bit. Dont know if we will get the chance but it would be interesting to see Shaw, Martinez and Mount all playing in the way that ETH thinks would be the best option.

SB16

When you think about it, all the credibility he built up at United was based on a 5 month period last season. Roughly, October to February (not even all of December considering the World Cup in between). So even the argument that he had a good first season starts to wither away when you consider it in detail: essentially, 4 or 5 good months out of 20 odd so far. Unacceptable.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I still think it would change the team quite a bit. Dont know if we will get the chance but it would be interesting to see Shaw, Martinez and Mount all playing in the way that ETH thinks would be the best option.
I just think who ever plays were would just play far too open. It’s crazy to watch out matches and what goes on, the back and for in todays match was mental to watch and it seems to be like that all the time and comes down to who takes chances first or most. I’m not sure how much better quality players will change that style, might just give us a slightly higher percentage chance of it swinging our way

Jericholyte2

So do we blame him for going 2-0 down, cheer him for getting us to 3-2 after 99mins and then blame him again for conceding 2 in 30seconds?

Is that how it works?

wolvored

He actually said the organisation was OK and we dominates the opponent.
Just read that. Says the same every game. Chelsea had more possession and more shots on and off target. Plays the same every game and also says trust the process. Deluded.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
No, you enjoy gloating after we scored. And trying to rub people up the wrong way, then put people on your list when they gloat back :lol:

now just random posts asking when others think he’ll be sacked as if it’s been obvious to you all along. It’s great to see
I enjoyed the peace and quiet and lack of moaning.

There’s a difference between doing something when we are winning, a positive experience for us all no? And doing it right after a loss of that manner.

It’s great to see what exactly?

A poster that is generally positive and contextualises things now not be so positive?

Is there enjoyment to be had from suffering? Is there enjoyment to be had in experiencing results like tonight for example?

I think it’s becoming more and more clear that my efforts to engage with positivity in the football forums are in vain.

Good night. Enjoy whatever tonight has been for you.

TsuWave

People in this thread talking about “if it’s between him and Potter I’d keep him without transfer powers” - brother, the transfer window is closed - that’s not what’s causing him to set us up the way he does :wenger:

I’d take Curbishley over this guy