Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 382 45.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 459 54.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

AndySmith1990

Did anyone notice his reaction to the final whistle? I don’t know, to me he looked a bit like he had given up, or realized his time is up.
He was busy thinking of how he can spin the post match comments to make it sound like we played well and were in control

Rustyspider13

He can't start next season. There is no reason to have any faith in this manager. I have no words for that first half. Second half was marginally better and even that was pathetic. How are we still pumping long balls to perhaps the least physical front three in the league and expect any sort of attacking play? How are we still pressing with only one man at a time? The season is almost over and this man can't accept that he doesn't have the players to play his 'transitional' style and keeps losing points by sticking to the same damn thing every single game. They say trying the same thing over and over expecting different results is insanity. I'm the one going insane here trying to see what these people do in training.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hope that idea that he has to be kept on until Ashworth arrives can be put to bed.

Max_United

Not fair on LVG, we missed out on UCL under him on goal difference against city
Yep, although we were really bad under LvG, we weren't THAT bad, not even close. Yes we could not break teams up, we had lots of boring 0-0, but being dominated, let alone thrashed by midtable/lower table teams was unthinkable then. And we were actually quite solid against good teams and hardly ever comprehensively beaten.

CM

I think it just goes to show how accustomed I've become to that kind of football when a result and performance like that doesn't even register with me anymore. Zombie football

Cloud7

I don’t understand how anyone can look at this setup and see the makings of something good. We could have Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets in midfield with our 08 defense and this setup would probably fail. It doesn’t make any sense at all.

Are we one day going to go to the Bernabeau with this kind of setup?

fallengt

Loses next week and I think he's gone immediately.

Otherwise he'll be sacked after the cup final whatever the result.
for what? Unless there was a line of top tier managers waiting for this job. I don't see why we should hurry

Blood Mage

Even Berbaclass and Plant0x84 must be getting tired of cheerleading for this fraud by now.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Give me one good thing about the guy

-Zero tactics
-Zero man management skills
-Zero personality
- Zero accountability

Literally not one characteristic to be a good manager

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Sounds like De Zerbi has said he's staying so I wonder who we'll get.

stevoc

Can't believe the same system isn't working again. Surely it works next game? Only a matter of time before it does.
It's the same thinking with keeping Ten Hag to be fair. If you persevere with something that clearly hasn't been working for just long enough it will magically begin to work.

E-mal

Yep, although we were really bad under LvG, we weren't THAT bad, not even close. Yes we could not break teams up, we had lots of boring 0-0, but being dominated, let alone thrashed by midtable/lower table teams was unthinkable then. And we were actually quite solid against good teams and hardly ever comprehensively beaten.
In my life time as a united fan, the best we ever played at Anfield was under LVG

Djemba-Djemba

for what? Unless there was a line of top tier managers waiting for this job. I don't see why we should hurry
Schteve? The Tea Lady? Anyone?

Not like we haven't done it before, Moyes was sacked in April.

He probably is here until the summer no matter what but if we lose next week it will be a grim last 5 or 6 matches.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Amorrim, Motta, Conte, Enrique, Valverde, Inzaghi could all be tempted with an offer. There are many more that have been named in threads.

Its all gone Shane Long

That’s its folks, you know he’s going when his number 1 fan Goldbridge is having a go at him now. He’s not saying TenHagOut but he’s damn close to it.

bstb3

I really wanted to break the cycle of sacking managers, but to do that we need to have something to cling on to - some sign of progress, some reason for optimism. Outside of the young players coming through, who will be here whoever the manager is, I'm not seeing anything. Zero progress week to week, no obvious reactions to the problems, just the same old same old.

I have a lot of sympathy for the hard circumstances this year, injuries especially, but there should still be a pattern of play. Worse players perhaps, a pattern but less well executed. These players aren't so bad that the pattern should be undeterminable from the play - which leaves the only conclusion that what we are doing is by design & can't possibly build any optimism on taking this into next year, even with different players.

Catalandevil

I don't think changing the manager will solve our problems magically. Also, last year we were on the right track and this year we just collapsed. Why? Injuries can't be the only problem. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

I tend to believe that our main problem is that we have horrible designed squad, where players don't fit each other at all. I want to see him under a new structure, but he needs to make it easy for the ones who still have some faith in him.

Malons

Not a single player fears losing his place, regardless of how poor their performance is. And it shows. Nobody is playing for his place. They're like 11 Civil Servants after passing their probation period. So comfortable and zero motivation to do anything beyond collecting a pay cheque.

Every single one of them will start the next match.

Roboc7

It’s the worst managerial performance in a season since Moyes. Don’t care how much time and money he gets there is no chance his tactics are going to lead to genuine progress.

Getting to the point where don’t really care who the manager is next season as long as it’s not him, it will just be a complete waste of time if he is still here next season.

The Mitcher

I don't think changing the manager will solve our problems magically. Also, last year we were on the right track and this year we just collapsed. Why? Injuries can't be the only problem. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

I tend to believe that our main problem is that we have horrible designed squad, where players don't fit each other at all. I want to see him under a new structure, but he needs to make it easy for the ones who still have some faith in him.
How would changing the manager not fix tge tactical issues?

Zoo

No idea what they do all week in training. He has no excuses. Really disappointed that he has shown nothing to hang some hope on.

DavidDeSchmikes

today's game was a carbon copy of the previous game which was a carbon copy of the game before and so on and so on

The Mitcher

I really wanted to break the cycle of sacking managers, but to do that we need to have something to cling on to - some sign of progress, some reason for optimism. Outside of the young players coming through, who will be here whoever the manager is, I'm not seeing anything. Zero progress week to week, no obvious reactions to the problems, just the same old same old.

I have a lot of sympathy for the hard circumstances this year, injuries especially, but there should still be a pattern of play. Worse players perhaps, a pattern but less well executed. These players aren't so bad that the pattern should be undeterminable from the play - which leaves the only conclusion that what we are doing is by design & can't possibly build any optimism on taking this into next year, even with different players.
We sack way less managers than other top clubs. We give them way too much time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It won't solve all of them of course. The squad has plenty of issues, as always.

Changing the manager will solve loads of problems though. We shouldn't be getting dominated by the likes of Bournemouth and Brentford.

AndySmith1990

Why does anything need to be going on behind the scenes? Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one. That being Ten Hag simply isn't good enough, just like the rest of them before him

Yakuza_devils

Since we are playing negative route 1 football anyway, can we get in the master in this tactic Big Sam as interim until the end of the season. We may still fluke a Fa Cup and Top 5. With ETH in charge no chance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just got to hope he joins Ajax which he's been linked to.
I don't mind Potter, he's a good manager who didn't do badly at Chelsea in the underlying numbers and they've done much worse in that since he left. Plus there's always adapting to do for a big club, so I'd rate him as an unknown at this level still.