Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 398 46.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 462 53.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
of the 11 starters ytd, who would you categorize as a "lazy player"?

Hojlund
Garnacho
Rashford

Bruno
Case
Mainoo

Dalot
Maguire
Kam
AWB

Onana

only Rashford counts for me.
With likes of Pogba, Lingard, Sacnho and Martial gone/disappeared, "lazininess" is no longer a valid excuse
I didn't say lazy. I'm just sick of them

Rashford, Bruno, and Garnacho are all selfish players. Garnacho I have sympathy for because he's young and has a lot to learn but he can't be essentially mouthing off on social media about the manager after a game whoever it is.

Bruno is Hollywood ball FC and Rashford is just Rashford, smash it into the side netting and run into your man merchant.

Feel sorry for Hojlund playing with them, none of them pass to him or even look for him. He get's so little of the play.

Casemiro is finished and Maguire is trying which is admirable (looks like he played through an injury) but he's just not up to it. Maybe in a different system that protects him a bit more. That's on the manager though.

I'd keep Onana, Kambwala, Dalot, Mainoo, Hojlund and Garnacho. The rest I'd happily feck off.

Acquire Me

I feel like people who hold this opinion don’t watch us regularly.
Yeah the structure, the injuries and what not but the tactics are so fecking weird the way he sets us up is all wrong it’s obvious to everyone
Maybe it’s not possible to set this group of players up the way he wants. I don’t like many of our players to be honest. I don’t think many of them will play for big teams again. Also believe we will struggle to sell some of the players without taking massive losses.

Big summer ahead, with or without EtH.

And just for the record; people do tend to hold different opinions. That is not synonymous with being a good/bad fan.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Does anybody know what the issue with Antony was? Also stop expecting young men, one very young to behave maturely. They don't. It take until middle age before men behave maturely and not always then. Also people thinking players didn't throw their toys out of the pram years ago. Of course they did, they will have argued with managers, other players and talked to friends about their woes. Thing is there wasn't social media to broadcast it all on.

Last edited:

Remember the geese

To put it another way, what do you think they are waiting for? We aren't suddenly going to start playing like Man City from now until the end of the season. These people are proactive, I'm sure. It doesn't benefit us in the slightest to sit there and watch us lose more matches before making a decision. We will have contacted various managers no doubt.

DomesticTadpole

Albert Einstein said: "Insanity is doing the same thing, over & over, and expecting different results"

It is so insane that he can keep trying the same thing that obviously does work and never for some, some 40+ games.
Itis even more insane that the board sees nothing wrong with it
Can we get Einstein in to the end of the season?

C'est Moi Cantona

To put it another way, what do you think they are waiting for? We aren't suddenly going to start playing like Man City from now until the end of the season. These people are proactive, I'm sure. It doesn't benefit us in the slightest to sit there and watch us lose more matches before making a decision. We will have contacted various managers no doubt.
New guys to be in place first at the club first, better options to be available manager wise.

I don't know, but I just get the feeling he about to be sacked.

DomesticTadpole

I reckon we haven’t lost the dressing room.

The tactics have been that bad for so long that it makes the players look like they’ve given up.

So much space to cover in an elite league will kill anyone.
I think they have stuck with him up until now, but I think they are now getting fed up with fans saying they don't care and not trying, when in reality the tactics are making it just about impossible for them to function as a team.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We’re bad, but we’re not that bad. I’m confident we’ll be in the final next month
You'd like to think so, but Wembley is a massive, energy sapping pitch; if we don't take our chances within the opening 60 or so minutes before being absolutely knackered, the game could get very interesting indeed.

Playing as we do on such a pitch will lead to opportunities for the opposition, and we've shown that you don't need to be PL standard to get the customary 20ish shots in a game against us.

Remember the geese

New guys to be in place first at the club first, better options to be available manager wise.

We will have consulted with Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox for sure. Also, we aren't going to stick with something that isn't working for another year regardless of who is or isn't available.

He will be gone at the end of the season. I'd be absolutely stunned otherwise.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would like to know what is in some of the players contracts regarding game time, they play regardless of performance.
Ignoring the obvious..... What thread are you in? Who picks the team? Stop the nonsense his hands is not being forced here....

DomesticTadpole

You'd like to think so, but Wembley is a massive, energy sapping pitch; if we don't take our chances within the opening 60 or so minutes before being absolutely knackered, the game could get very interesting indeed.

Playing as we do on such a pitch will lead to opportunities for the opposition, and we've shown that you don't need to be PL standard to get the customary 20ish shots in a game against us.
Can you imagine our current tactics on that pitch. :nervous: :nervous:

stevoc

Everyone is getting that feeling.

99.8% of managers are available to us this summer.

Oldyella

Maybe it’s not possible to set this group of players up the way he wants. I don’t like many of our players to be honest. I don’t think many of them will play for big teams again. Also believe we will struggle to sell some of the players without taking massive losses.

Big summer ahead, with or without EtH.

And just for the record; people do tend to hold different opinions. That is not synonymous with being a good/bad fan.
If he can't set them up the way he wants, why the F has he chosen to set them up this way instead? He's had almost 2 years with the players now, and after the CL debacle has had plenty of time midweek to work with the players, and the more time he has had, the worse we have gotten.

stevoc

I know. Some were not happy about it at the time and are now using his good work to beat him with.
Yeah which was mental. Daily Mail readers I suppose.

Theres many things to criticise Rashford about but trying to help kids get regular meals isn't one of them unless you are a thundercnut of a person.

Castia

Exactly, it’s so bleeding obvious. Also dumb and boring.

Would be interesting to properly discuss the cause though, not just the outcome.
Carragher has been really good on the cause, he’s broken down our play multiple times. The team ‘presses’ from the front but then has a deep back line which makes zero sense leaving our entire midfield wide open or we ‘press’ as individuals mainly Bruno again leaving space through the centre of the pitch

It’s like analysing a schoolboy level game it’s beyond ridiculous

the worst thing is we persist with it. It’s not worked for arguably 18 months yet we are seeing no change it’s the same shite every week

3KDré

Feels like yesterday was the Ole Watford moment or the Jose Sevilla. Just a matter of when and not if.

Eddy_JukeZ

If we somehow lost to Coventry, this forum might collapse from the sheer anger :lol:

I hope we get into the final at least. You never know in a final.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If we somehow lost to Coventry, this forum might collapse from the sheer anger :lol:

I hope we get into the final at least. You never know in a final.
We’ll get to the final no doubt. We will struggle though against Coventry who’ll have 15+ shots. Then we’ll get demolished of city in the final. I’m hoping Chelsea somehow beat them. I feel we can give Chelsea a bit of a game compared to city

Acquire Me

If he can't set them up the way he wants, why the F has he chosen to set them up this way instead? He's had almost 2 years with the players now, and after the CL debacle has had plenty of time midweek to work with the players, and the more time he has had, the worse we have gotten.
It’s been a horrible season. That’s for sure. Everyone, including him, has had questionable decisions.

My gut feeling is that we actually need the Rangnick method. With Ineos I would like us to cut a lot of players, with or without a loss of money.

Berrada and Ashworth obviously need to look at the situation and make hard decisions. If they think players and manager should go, then so be it.

Personally I would like to see EtH under different circumstances. That said, I do understand a lot of fans got no more patience with him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Feels like yesterday was the Ole Watford moment or the Jose Sevilla. Just a matter of when and not if.
I don’t think he’s being sacked until after the last game of the season. There’s no one in place to take over until the end of season.

Steve Bruce

We could well finish this season 9th. Sack him now and hope for some sort of bounce.
Finishing 9th is embarrassing but maybe this will ensure a proper clear out. If we sacked ETH and we had a new manager bounce and win the remaining 6 games. It could fool the club into thinking some of these chancers are good enough

Steve Bruce

It’s been a horrible season. That’s for sure. Everyone, including him, has had questionable decisions.

My gut feeling is that we actually need the Rangnick method. With Ineos I would like us to cut a lot of players, with or without a loss of money.

Berrada and Ashworth obviously need to look at the situation and make hard decisions. If they think players and manager should go, then so be it.

Personally I would like to see EtH under different circumstances. That said, I do understand a lot of fans got no more patience with him.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ve backed him nearly all season and wanted him to stay on next season, but to be honest I think the correct decision is probably to move on next season. Nagelsman would be my preferred option, but I wouldn’t be fully against Potter if Ineos think he can deliver a long term vision.

I still think Ten Hag is a good manager and coach and has been dealt some really poor cards with the injuries and makeup of the squad. None of those issues will be easy to fix even for the next manager. I know we say this every year, but this summer is absolutely crucial in terms of getting rid of players (with some big calls needed) and recruiting smartly. We can’t afford to overpay because we need too many players.