g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

RedDevil@84

Do people not remember how shite he was here? I feel like I'm in another universe looking on.
A combination of Sancho fanboys coming out of their closet and "ETH out" gangs seeing a nice stick to beat ETH with.
Sancho has been average to shit here and not just under one manager. He has also had a few games where he has been good.

Guess we will know how good he was at Dortmund and how much they value him, when they come with a solid offer for him in summer. Words are cheap.

Ahmer Baig

Its not like he is lighting the world on fire yet Sancho fan boys behaving like he is the best thing there is.

FootballAI

Calling people who thinks Sancho deserve a second chance fanboys is not very nice. After all, he is only 24 years old and deems as one of the most talented winger at his age.

When you believe your manager is a liar and call him out, you may either succumb to the power and make apology in order to be welcome again or stick to your words and get the full treatment, I probably respect the latter more. Trust me, I am from Vietnam and I know how tough it is to say what you think is right. Considering what we know now about Ten Hag, is he or is he not a liar and a fraud, that would be a question up to debate.

frostbite

Surprising that some people say that ETH was unhappy with Sancho's performances. Is this the same ETH who is always happy with the unstoppable Antony?

ETH is the problem. He is not a good manager and he has favorites (who are not good players). He was constantly moving Sancho around, left, right, striker ... while he was always playing Antony. And on top of that, he blamed Sancho in public that he does not train well, and when Sancho replied that he trains well (just defending himself) ... ETH demanded a PUBLIC apology!

Apology for what? Do you really believe that Sancho should apologize for saying that he always tries hard? Who does this? It was like asking Sancho to say in public that he does not train well. It's silly to ask this from a player. It is disrespectful.

ETH created the problem, he is NOT a good manager.

FootballAI

Surprising that some people say that ETH was unhappy with Sancho's performances. Is this the same ETH who is always happy with the unstoppable Antony?

ETH is the problem. He is not a good manager and he has favorites (who are not good players). He was constantly moving Sancho around, left, right, striker ... while he was always playing Antony. And on top of that, he blamed Sancho in public that he does not train well, and when Sancho replied that he trains well (just defending himself) ... ETH demanded a PUBLIC apology!

Apology for what? Do you really believe that Sancho should apologize for saying that he always tries hard? Who does this? It was like asking Sancho to say in public that he does not train well. It's silly to ask this from a player. It is disrespectful.

And for some reason Ronaldo suddenly plays better after he left Ten Hag. Is it because of the manager or the players I am not so sure.

adkb

Hmm.

The same people who want Ronaldo, Sancho back and ETH out probably want Zidane as the next manager, with Mbappe as the next transfer target.

adkb

and score 1 goal per game running under 45 degree hot sun is not a good achievement?
It's really not. Nobody cares about the Saudi league. He could score a hattrick every game and he is still past it with a shit attitude.

FootballAI

It's really not. Nobody cares about the Saudi league. He could score a hattrick every game and he is still past it with a shit attitude.
Say all you want about his attitude and I agree with you, but don't dismiss the league like that. And nobody said he is wanted back, but we still can acknowledge he is a generational talent of the time and his fallout with Ten Hag is also about football disagreement.

adkb

Say all you want about his attitude and I agree with you, but don't dismiss the league like that. And nobody said he is wanted back, but we still can acknowledge he is a generational talent of the time and his fallout with Ten Hag is also about football disagreement.
His fallout was because he was not ready to do what the manager wanted. He can score 100 goals if he wants but if the manager puts him on the bench then you comply or you leave. He left but threw a hissy fit. Did interviews and was disrespectful. He can go do one.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Of all his failings and incompetence, removing Sancho and Ronaldo are the two things I would not blame Hag for.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
and score 1 goal per game running under 45 degree hot sun is not a good achievement?
It's Saudi league ffs, no need to glorify everything. Ronaldo performance has nothing to do with EtH.

fps

I am also here to dismiss that league, it is rubbish.

bringbackbebe

Sancho was crap under 3 different managers. We should be happy he's doing well at Dortmund since, if anything, it'll only jack up his selling price.

Oranges038

Calling people who thinks Sancho deserve a second chance fanboys is not very nice. After all, he is only 24 years old and deems as one of the most talented winger at his age.

When you believe your manager is a liar and call him out, you may either succumb to the power and make apology in order to be welcome again or stick to your words and get the full treatment, I probably respect the latter more. Trust me, I am from Vietnam and I know how tough it is to say what you think is right. Considering what we know now about Ten Hag, is he or is he not a liar and a fraud, that would be a question up to debate.
He had 2 full seasons and 80 games to show what he could do. He rarely showed it, he was given time off to get himself right and threw his toys out of the pram when he was dropped for a game, because the manager said he wasn't doing enough in training and other players were.

Just because he had a few decent games for Dortmund on loan doesn't mean he should get another chance. He had his chance, he blew it spectacularly, he shouldn't be given another. Part of Utd's problem over the last 10 years has been keeping players because of what they can do, not what they actually do, same with Pogba, same with Rashford, same with Shaw etc etc. If players don't perform they should be given the boot, it's really about setting standards of what is expected. Top clubs have to be ruthless. Giving guys on 300k a week chance after chance to deliver doesn't motivate anyone to try to do better.

frostbite

And for some reason Ronaldo suddenly plays better after he left Ten Hag. Is it because of the manager or the players I am not so sure.
Ronaldo is 39. His superstar status, plus his old age and his declining abilities, naturally require special handling. ETH is a stubborn, mediocre manager who was not capable of properly handling Ronaldo - or Sancho.

bringbackbebe

It's Saudi league ffs, no need to glorify everything. Ronaldo performance has nothing to do with EtH.
Which means he's at Abderrazak Hamdallah levels. That's not a minor achievement to be ignored for Ronaldo and another feather to his cap.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
So how did Sancho perform on the field with Rangnick as the manager?
That's a different question. Nobody claimed that he performed great for United. The point is just that a lot of people seem to think Sancho was kicked out for being unprofessional, but there is zero evidence for that being the reason.

It was always just about performance and EtH and Sancho clashed over how they saw Sancho's performance.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It takes Sancho one good game and everything changes. I'm glad that some fans have a better memory and remember the issues with him

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
That's a different question. Nobody claimed that he performed great for United. The point is just that a lot of people seem to think Sancho was kicked out for being unprofessional, but there is zero evidence for that being the reason.

It was always just about performance and EtH and Sancho clashed over how they saw Sancho's performance.
It was a combination of it all. Shit, half arsed performances, being late several times whilst playing PS until 3am, and then of course the social media incident. So yes, being unprofessional also played a part

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.

How many times has he dropped Antony to the bench this season, you don't hear of him having a hissy fit and plastering his discontent all over social media.

Glorio

What's all this nonsense? I may not rate EtH and want him gone but he was100% on the money with Sancho. Sancho let himself down with his performances first, and then his incredibly stupid reaction to his manager saying others performed better in training and he can only select so many players.

One decent performance (massively overrated by the way) does not make a good player. Paul Dickoff, Robert Earnshaw, Milan Baros etc. were able to pull off the occasional good performance (or even tournament).

Someone is on here talking about how good Ronaldo is now - he's playing is Saudi Arabia, do we really need to spell out the difference in quality?? If you're going to spout agenda driven rubbish, at least have the wherewithal to mask it better. Did his national team coach have an agenda against him as well?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ronaldo is 39. His superstar status, plus his old age and his declining abilities, naturally require special handling. ETH is a stubborn, mediocre manager who was not capable of properly handling Ronaldo - or Sancho.
Ronaldo demanded to leave, skipped preseason, and then played like utter shit when he did come back. Wout was literally better for us last season than Ronaldo was. And no, that's not an exaggeration.

There's a lot of things to criticise ETH for. Even Sancho has some small question mark over it and depends on just what went on behind closed doors. But Ronaldo? No. He disrespected the club, expected to play constantly, his performances didn't deserve to play (remember everyone on here saying that ETH playing him as much as he did was ETH showing weakness?), and then threw a laughable tantrum when he didn't get all his own way.

Battery

I have thought a few times recently that him being away from Rashford might have something to do with it.

From what I see of Rashford, he looks like a seriously moody/negative individual and if so, that can rub off on others who are close to them.

Full disclosure:

I would like to see Rashford sold abroad, Sancho potentially given another chance and ETH, I'm on the fence...

I think ETH would do a lot better with the new structure above him and a clear out of a few players that's seems like its going to happen regardless of the manager.

yamo123x

He hardly broke sweat when he played for us. He was overweight and IMHO couldnt motivate himself because like Rashford, Pogba, Lingard, and others, thought he was big time and untouchable.

The minute the manager challenged him he threw a hissy fit and went on strike... and many of you want him back.

The guy showed zero respect to our club, its fans or his team mates...
The fact that he turning it on for Dortmund now makes me dislike him even more........... get rid, he had his chance, he blew it

Revan

Assumptionman
Is this a funny joke?

You know the Saudi league is ranked a smidge below the EPL, right?
That's obviously true but still scoring 44 goals in 45 matches (29 goals in 26 league matches) is hardly easy and not something of a finished player. The second top striker in the league is Mitrovic at 22 goals, a very good player. Malcom has scored 13 goals, Mane 12, Benzema 9, Mahrez 10 etc, so hardly a very easy league to score. I am pretty sure that Weghorst and Hojlund wouldn't be scoring at anywhere that rate there.

EireRed_GS

This new narrative being driven that we somehow pushed out a gem of a player is driving me mad. The amount of opposition fans that have said to me we messed up bad and its on Ten Hag. :houllier:

Has everyone forgotten how poor he was for us and are just ignoring all the discipline issues, and the fact the club and the manager gave the lad 3 months off!?

I think Sancho just cant hack the Premier League's level. When you combine that with the attitude of a spoilt brat, your gonna get predictable results. I barely even consider him a Utd player anymore

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The minute the manager challenged him he threw a hissy fit and went on strike...
He didn't. He just stood his ground when he disagreed with the manager. Suspending him from the squad was EtH's reaction to that (and I don't disagree with that), but Sancho did not go on strike, he went on with individual training as ordered.