Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Mourinho has the better team here, but he will just sit back until they concede, and if they dont concede, he will be called a genius.

always_hoping

Would have made for better final had Sevilla scored first. Would expect pure shithousery from Roma in the 2nd half now and Jose in tears of joy at the final whistle.

el3mel

Mourinho has the better team here, but he will just sit back until they concede, and if they dont concede, he will be called a genius.
In no way or shape are Roma favorites to win today. They're heavy underdogs.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Heavy underdogs, what are you on about? Are we watching the same game?

I saw a Sevilla-side that did nothing until after conceded, Roma having the better of the game, and should have been up earlier anyway.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Would have been interesting to see how we have had done against this low block and shithousery from Roma.

el3mel

Heavy underdogs, what are you on about? Are we watching the same game?

I saw a Sevilla-side that did nothing until after conceded, Roma having the better of the game, and should have been up earlier anyway.
That has literally nothing to do with what I said. Roma have been better tactically tonight and deserved to lead, but teams on paper they're entering this game as underdogs. Sevilla were the favorites before the kick off.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Jose at it again. Good luck to him but glad I don’t have to support a team he manages. Always loving him from a far.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Can United rent Mourinho just for the FA Cup? His record in finals is 18-3 so far.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
That has literally nothing to do with what I said. Roma have been better tactically tonight and deserved to lead, but teams on paper they're entering this game as underdogs. Sevilla were the favorites before the kick off.
But they are not heavy underdogs, they are not even underdogs, look at the squads, look at their respective league positions.

Nick7

Roma were absolutely not underdogs nor were they heavy underdogs. Odds for both teams were pretty similar. Roma were favourites last time I checked. On paper, both teams are pretty similar.

Siorac

Roma were narrow favourites at pretty much every bookie.

el3mel

But they are not heavy underdogs, they are not even underdogs, look at the squads, look at their respective league positions.
League form goes out of the window in cup competitions, especially when it came to Sevilla in Europe.

Roma's squad aren't really as impressive as you're making it out to be. Their main striker has scored one goal in 13 matches in this competition, for God's sake.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
League form goes out of the window in cup competitions, especially when it came to Sevilla in Europe.

Roma's squad aren't really as impressive as you're making it out to be. Their main striker has scored one goal in 13 matches in this competition, for God's sake.
Meanwhile, Sevilla is playing some retiree at the right, different class.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
One loss was vs Chelsea in 2018 Fa Cup Final, other vs Atletico in 2013 and third?
Porto, Portuguese cup final vs Benfica in 2004.
But to be honest Porto was already european champion at that time so neither Mou nor the players were focused for that game :lol:

mu4c_20le

Roma were absolutely not underdogs nor were they heavy underdogs. Odds for both teams were pretty similar. Roma were favourites last time I checked. On paper, both teams are pretty similar.
I believe prematch, Roma were slight underdogs for the match, but both teams were pretty much evens to lift the trophy. At no point were any team heavy underdogs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Dybala been quality so far. Composed finish and had a nice dribble out wide that lead to the Pellegrini dive.

In tight scrappy games player like that makes the difference so often although doubt he'll last 90 minutes so Roma really will park the bus when he goes off.

el3mel

Dybala been quality so far. Composed finish and had a nice dribble out wide that lead to the Pellegrini dive.

In tight scrappy games player like that makes the difference so often although doubt he'll last 90 minutes so Roma really will park the bus when he goes off.
Dybala is their only world class player. The rest of the team isn't really that impressive.

SER19

I do love watching Spanish teams being wound up at their own game

Nick7

I believe prematch, Roma were slight underdogs for the match, but both teams were pretty much evens to lift the trophy. At no point were any team heavy underdogs.
Fair enough. Think I checked on Monday. Was leaning ever so slightly Roma.