Europa League / Conference League 23/24

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
How many times have Leverkusen saved there unbeaten run by scoring in 90+ minutes this season? This is a genuine question, I’d like to know the stat.

Charlie Foley

Felt like there was genuine jeopardy at both ends watching that. Roma obviously needed a goal and the unbeaten run needed to be preserved :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It was not the board. It was Tuchel. It was Tuchel that used others and Pavard and not Stanisic in the Supercup. When Stanisic would have known that he could have a chance with Tuchel he would not have asked to get loaned.
But didn't Tuchel only agree to that because he assumed Pavard wouldn't leave? Anyway, no matter whose fault it is, Bayern would definitely have been better off if they hadn't loaned him out. :lol:

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Predictions for a potential Madrid vs. Leverkusen Super-Cup?

1-0 Madrid
2-0 Madrid
2-1 Leverkusen 85th
3-1 Madrid 87th
3-2 Leverkusen 91st
3-3 Leverkusen 92nd
3-4 Leverkusen 93rd
4-4 Madrid 96th
5-4 Madrid 98th
5-5 Leverkusen 100th

Extra Time/Penalties.

And I can´t believe I lost multiple bets, because these bums from Villa didn´t score a single goal or at least concede a 3rd.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Clearly they are setting up this unbeaten run to end when we meet them :wenger:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
How many times have Leverkusen saved there unbeaten run by scoring in 90+ minutes this season? This is a genuine question, I’d like to know the stat.
7, by my count.

Martial

The dynamic of the team holding onto the lead being the side desperately attacking in the final minutes of a European Semi Final was incredible.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I shed tears seeing that defender slide by before the goal. Hang* Pep and Klopp and Arteta, real football is back

*from their suspenders, above Wembley. Not as in from their necks

Blackwidow

But didn't Tuchel only agree to that because he assumed Pavard wouldn't leave? Anyway, no matter whose fault it is, Bayern would definitely have been better off if they hadn't loaned him out. :lol:
Pavard had the word to be able to leave when he comes with a club that pays his transfer sum. That was still valid then.

But if you show somebody that you do not value him and the academy guys get a place in the supercup squad but you do not...

Marvin look out

Nobody watched the Atalanta game?

Total domination for Atalanta. A really well-drilled team and very enjoyable to watch as well. Even at 2-0 up they kept possession of the ball and were still trying to score another goal. They were attacking with six players in or near the box. The players run their socks off and are always in movement and making themselves available when they don't have the ball. I hadn't watched them in a while and I wonder how they aren't higher in the Serie A table.

Gasperini has been doing a fantastic job with this team for years. He's an underrated manager. Not sure why bigger clubs haven't gone for him.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Leverkusen are running the German Madrid black magic this season, crazy stuff.

To be fair, they should have been several goals ahead but just kept missing easy chances. Especially Frimpong who is one greedy bastard despite his excellent turn of pace.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Leverkusen are running the German Madrid black magic this season, crazy stuff.

To be fair, they should have been several goals ahead but just kept missing easy chances. Especially Frimpong who is one greedy bastard despite his excellent turn of pace.
Was the same in ALL the matches where they needed a late goal.

Still amazing to see that of all teams Qarabag Agdam pushed them the hardest :lol:

Marvin look out

Leverkusen-Atalanta is a fantastic Europa League final that will probably deliver better football than the UCL final.

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
They will clearly lose the final against Atalanta now, right?

thisisnottaken1

Leverkusen really are invincible. It’s like a reverse Harry Kane. God is on their side, it seems.

I’ll reiterate: if Leverkusen manage to make it through this entire season without a single loss, Alonso should be knighted by the King of Spain. This is a season that will be remembered as one of the best ever in football, right up with our treble winning season of 1998-99 and Celtic’s quintuple winning season in 1966-67.

RoyH1

If both Madrid and Leverkusen win their respective finals, for once the European Super Cup will be can't miss TV.

Winrar

Predictions for a potential Madrid vs. Leverkusen Super-Cup?

1-0 Madrid
2-0 Madrid
2-1 Leverkusen 85th
3-1 Madrid 87th
3-2 Leverkusen 91st
3-3 Leverkusen 92nd
3-4 Leverkusen 93rd
4-4 Madrid 96th
5-4 Madrid 98th
5-5 Leverkusen 100th

Extra Time/Penalties.

And I can´t believe I lost multiple bets, because these bums from Villa didn´t score a single goal or at least concede a 3rd.
It’ll end 8-8 with half the goals scored in extra time (and other half in combined added time)

thisisnottaken1

If both Madrid and Leverkusen win their respective finals, for once the European Super Cup will be can't miss TV.
A rematch of the 2002 final, the last European final to be held in my home country. All set up for Bellingham to score a screamer.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
A rematch of the 2002 final, the last European final to be held in my home country. All set up for Bellingham to score a screamer.
Only to be equalized by a 90+6min screamer by Andrich or something like that :lol:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Bayer deserves to still be unbeaten, they play fecking great football and never gave up.
Danielle has become a bit Mou in his last four matches BTW.

Atalanta has played a fantastic Cup too, will be a great final. But a Bayer (without loosing players) agaisnt Madrid would be fecking great.

PD: I want Scaloni to use Palacios as starter in the argie NT ASAP, even if there is always the risk of an injury with him, sad this issue because he is such a great all around modern player sinde day one, yet his carreer has been plagued with injuries.

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Last couple of years of football have been insane for better teams scoring late to stop shock results. 5 subs and now ridiculous injury time are more rules that help the bigger clubs. Obviously in their case they just seem to have an insane mentality.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Had a glass of coke, opened a bag of chips(coincidence), then opened flashscore app and Leverkusen's game in '92 min and reading the commentary updates. When I saw 2-2 I chuckled before closing the app. Never doubted it.

Incredible season for them, hope it finishes undefeated. Atalanta's going to be very dangerous.