Everton deducted 10 points for PSR breach (reduced to 6) | Deducted further 2 points for second breach

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nah, I don't think this is the case. If Everton are getting 10pts docked, City will get a lot more depending on how many of the charges they can make stick.

The only team that may get away with it is Chelsea as they have owned up to the breaches and self-declared some or all of them. I can see a heavy fine and a 10pt deduction with another point deduction suspended - with the justification that by owning up teams will be dealt with less harshly. That kind of action does make sense as it gives incentive to teams who have broken the rules to play ball.

If I were City however, I would actually be bricking it a little after this. The only reason why their changes are dragging on is due to them lawyering up to the hilt, taking out injuctions and the sheer amount of charges they are facing.
Didn't Chelsea get fined in the summer for an FFP breach from Uefa or did I imagine reading that?

Chelsea's main argument seems to be this all happened under Abramovich so don't punish the current ownership. Way Todd Boehly is running them currently is basically a 20 point deduction already each season! :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Will Everton have to sell in January to keep the financial situation in check??

I assume they are still making a loss which could incur further punishment should it not be dealt with?

hobbers

Thing is, I don't actually think anyone gives a f*ck about City - which is itself part of the problem, people are generally apathetic towards them. Now, if it was us with 115 charges to our name, that'd be a different story.
If we had 115 charges to our name Casemiro would have been strapped onto a rocket and fired into the sun.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Toothless. They should be given enough points to be guaranteed relegation at the very least. When they cheated 3 clubs went down and their cheating might have been the difference in them staying up - who was it? Burnley, Watford, Norwich? Plus they have had 3 years in the prem because of it
Those clubs should be lawering up right now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd love it if the glamour of the Prem was gradually eroded over the next decade with endless point deductions and legal cases involving the runaway winners of the last decade, and the money started ebbing away too. Feck it.

Saudi superleague 2.0 will take all the big clubs sooner or later.
I mean, 6 of you already tried to feck off to the superleague and only got fined 22m in total so why not!

Red Rash

We may still win the league by all other teams being docked points. The Glazer's master plan is paying off

hobbers

I mean, 6 of you already tried to feck off to the superleague and only got fined 22m in total so why not!
City getting punished will probably be what kick starts the next round of superleagueing.

'Next Manchester derby for the SuperLeague playoff upper bracket first leg, coming to you live from Riyadh.'

Yagami

Good post resistant
Begs the question, why have we been made an example of and not others?
Because your club indulged the Phil Neville stepover phenomena. We ourselves got away with indulging it for a while but, as you can see, it's caught up with us, too.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
City can expect a similar thing then. I mean what is the point? This will hurt Everton more because they’re going to be in a relegation battle, but City? It’ll be minor inconvenience… if anything happens to them at all. I’m glad I’m almost done with football.

Red_Aaron

I imagine the speed of this is down to Everton holding their hands up and cooperating, they'll be able to eat those points this season I reckon. There's some shit down the bottom this year

Chelseas new owners seem keen to take this option too

Just shows you how obstructive city are being that the first club mentioned is still the one miles away from any kind of action coming to the fore. They'll wait it out, them deep pockets will win out unfortunately

SER19

Couldnt have happened in a better season with all 3 promoted clubs looking out of their depth. Theyre only 2 points from safety.

The great injustice of all of this type of stuff is when you look had who has been affected by what the league has determined to be cheating. Leicester are in the championship now. City stole titles. The sport is terribly undermined

cj_sparky

You would think this will start a whole load of legal cases.

Clubs relegated in 21/22, Leeds who finished behind them and all would have lost out on prize money etc. Those relegated last season as well.

cyberman

Well deserved. Teams have went down that may well have stayed up because of them. Bring them all knot line, the but City hand wringing doesn’t wash with me

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Would be a less stressful period I’m sure and force some stability. Todd would go crazy having to shut his chequebook for a window :lol:
Wrote yesterday in the Chelsea-related thread I think it's possible the club are already anticipating some kind of transfer / registration ban and that may have played a part in being so willing to spend heavily in the short term for both immediate first teamers as well as promising youngsters to be developed elsewhere.

With the amount of transfers we've done in the last year or so I honestly don't see a huge need to continue the heavy spending with or without a ban. Our squad building is currently more or less 'finished' and right now the best course of action is to just be patient and see who cuts it at the required level and who doesn't, without interrupting the flow too much with big changes to the squad. We've got some really promising young players in the first team already and then there's also the development group (Angelo, Casadei, Santos, Washington, Hutchinson, Kendry etc.) where we could eventually end up getting further reinforcements if some players in the squad start looking like they could need replacing and few of the loanees have performed well enough to be considered for a role.

If the club were offered a choice between a points deduction or a transfer ban as potential punishment for breaking the rules, I'd pick the latter any time. And seeing as how the current owners have self-reported most of the dodgy stuff already and are co-operating with the investigation instead of just flat out denying everything it's very much a possibility they could be able to have some input in what the potential punishment could end up being.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Those clubs should be lawyering up right now.
If you finished within a point of Everton then one could argue that the £19.5M unallowable delta across 3 seasons resulted in them skipping the jump ahead of you.

If you finished 10 points behind, lawyers will take your money but good luck arguing that in court.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If it can be appealed I'd be surprised if it isn't reduced to 6ish points. 10 just seems far too excessive for one breach of rules, considering since that breach we have had our finances and transfer business monitored strictly by the PL in an effort to comply and conduct in good faith. No doubt we deserve punishment but the punishment feels a bit excessive for the crime.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If it can be appealed I'd be surprised if it isn't reduced to 6ish points. 10 just seems far too excessive for one breach of rules, considering since that breach we have had our finances and transfer business monitored strictly by the PL in an effort to comply and conduct in good faith. No doubt we deserve punishment but the punishment feels a bit excessive for the crime.
Portsmouth only received a nine point deduction and they went into administration.

Suv666

It’s ridiculous the shit City are allowed to get away with. Different rules for them.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If you finished within a point of Everton then one could argue that the £19.5M unallowable delta across 3 seasons resulted in them skipping the jump ahead of you.

If you finished 10 points behind, lawyers will take your money but good luck arguing that in court.
Why would they approach it from the arbitrary nature of points docked now and not purely from the angle of a cheating entity impacting on everything that happened during their campaign with them?

They cheated; we did not. We were relegated; they were not. We’ve been in purgatory ever since; they have had all of the benefits of being in the PL ever since.

There should be a shitstorm coming, but there probably won’t be because those clubs can’t afford to have cases run for an indefinite period of time due to cost.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
@TheReligion Don't think this is bad news for us. Think we will just try and expedite the process and get a points deduction in this season. We aren't challenging this year and top 4 seems a stretch so might as well take our punishment asap.
Would be really funny if you did that, and then were then deducted 30pts and relegated.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The three teams who came up this year are so shit, Everton would probably need to be docked at least 20 points to actually go down. Good timing for them.

Of course City and Chelsea won't even get a 'punishment' like this for doing orders of magnitude worse. It's possible Chelsea get hit with something now that they have (relatively) normal owners, but the government won't allow a club owned by a fecking nation state that we do big business with to actually be held accountable.

Yakuza_devils

It would be interesting to hear from PL officials what is taking them so long to punish City on 115 charges. But on Everton's case it was like super sonic speed.

If Everton is deducted 10 points we should multiple it with X-115 times for city = 1150 points. This is equivalent to approximately City need to spend at least 10 years in 2nd or 3rd tier English football. That's about right!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The three teams who came up this year are so shit, Everton would probably need to be docked at least 20 points to actually go down. Good timing for them.

Of course City and Chelsea won't even get a 'punishment' like this for doing orders of magnitude worse. It's possible Chelsea get hit with something now that they have (relatively) normal owners, but the government won't allow a club owned by a fecking nation state that we do big business with to actually be held accountable.
Exactly.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It would be interesting to hear from PL officials what is taking them so long to punish City on 115 charges. But on Everton's case it was like super sonic speed.

If Everton is deducted 10 points we should multiple it with X-115 times = 1150 points. This is equivalent to approximately City need to spend at least 10 years in 2nd or 3rd tier English football. That's about right!
It would take 115 times longer.

MegadrivePerson

Couldnt have happened in a better season with all 3 promoted clubs looking out of their depth. Theyre only 2 points from safety.

The great injustice of all of this type of stuff is when you look had who has been affected by what the league has determined to be cheating. Leicester are in the championship now. City stole titles. The sport is terribly undermined
They are so lucky!

Two years ago they stayed up by four points. Last season they survived by two points.

Santos J

If Everton is deducted 10 points we should multiple it with X-115 times for city = 1150 points. This is equivalent to approximately City need to spend at least 10 years in 2nd or 3rd tier English football. That's about right!
Because it's 1 charge and Everton didn't contest it.