Everton deducted 10 points for PSR breach (reduced to 6) | Deducted further 2 points for second breach

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It would be interesting to hear from PL officials what is taking them so long to punish City on 115 charges. But on Everton's case it was like super sonic speed.

If Everton is deducted 10 points we should multiple it with X-115 times for city = 1150 points. This is equivalent to approximately City need to spend at least 10 years in 2nd or 3rd tier English football. That's about right!
The "115" part of "115 charges" should be a bit of a hint, no?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It would be interesting to hear from PL officials what is taking them so long to punish City on 115 charges. But on Everton's case it was like super sonic speed.

If Everton is deducted 10 points we should multiple it with X-115 times for city = 1150 points. This is equivalent to approximately City need to spend at least 10 years in 2nd or 3rd tier English football. That's about right!
Was it?
or did they bottle giving them the deduction when they should have done, i.e. last year which would have relegated them

TheReligion

Abusive
Wrote yesterday in the Chelsea-related thread I think it's possible the club are already anticipating some kind of transfer / registration ban and that may have played a part in being so willing to spend heavily in the short term for both immediate first teamers as well as promising youngsters to be developed elsewhere.

With the amount of transfers we've done in the last year or so I honestly don't see a huge need to continue the heavy spending with or without a ban. Our squad building is currently more or less 'finished' and right now the best course of action is to just be patient and see who cuts it at the required level and who doesn't, without interrupting the flow too much with big changes to the squad. We've got some really promising young players in the first team already and then there's also the development group (Angelo, Casadei, Santos, Washington, Hutchinson, Kendry etc.) where we could eventually end up getting further reinforcements if some players in the squad start looking like they could need replacing and few of the loanees have performed well enough to be considered for a role.

If the club were offered a choice between a points deduction or a transfer ban as potential punishment for breaking the rules, I'd pick the latter any time. And seeing as how the current owners have self-reported most of the dodgy stuff already and are co-operating with the investigation instead of just flat out denying everything it's very much a possibility they could be able to have some input in what the potential punishment could end up being.
You may well be right you know. would go some way to explaining the activity in the market.

I’m seeing a lot coming out now of possible relegation now though for Chelsea and City?

RedDevil@84

I can see Chelsea being punished because its evil Putin.
City will be let off on some technicality.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
An interesting part of the document I found is that the FA suspended Gylfi, I always thought it was us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I love how RedCafe picks & chooses who are the bad guys and who are the good guys.

If this was Liverpool you'd all be loving this. Everton broke the rules and have been punished. I don't get this "poor old little plucky Everton' narrative. They threw money around and now they're paying for it with points deductions.

Feck them, Scouse cnuts.
Exactly. If anything they've done well to move the deduction into a year it won't be a game changer.
Like those bastard Derby cheats that cost Wycombe their championship place.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Why would they approach it from the arbitrary nature of points docked now and not purely from the angle of a cheating entity impacting on everything that happened during their campaign with them?

They cheated; we did not. We were relegated; they were not. We’ve been in purgatory ever since; they have had all of the benefits of being in the PL ever since.

There should be a shitstorm coming, but there probably won’t be because those clubs can’t afford to have cases run for an indefinite period of time due to cost.
I'm talking about what would hold up in court.

Re: bolded, true, and also, there's a high possibility that their case would get thrown out in court. You have to prove that Everton's cheating adversely impacted you, beyond your own actions.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah don’t worry, I already replied about how thick that was :lol:

Maybe not being able to count was the reason I stopped playing fantasy football.
Don't worry pal.

Look on the positive, if Chelsea, City and a few other clubs get these decent sizes deductions, we might scrape the top 5 :drool:

Yakuza_devils

Was it?
or did they bottle giving them the deduction when they should have done, i.e. last year which would have relegated them
I could be wrong but City's cases were already on the radar for much longer especially they went to European court and got cleared of the charges only due to the evidences were time bar.

Khaldoon also came out to speak to the media and laughed off the PL 115 charges. Khaldoon is always full of confidence because he knows he has the right connections and also a team of world class lawyers at his service.

I would have thought that PL would like to make them as an example to all other clubs. But feck me, Everton with 1 charges? Big fish?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I could be wrong but City's cases were already on the radar for much longer especially they went to European court and got cleared of the charges only due to the evidences were time bar.

Khaldoon also came out to speak to the media and laughed off the PL 115 charges. Khaldoon is always full of confidence because he knows he has the right connections and also a team of world class lawyers at his service.

I would have thought that PL would like to make them as an example to all other clubs. But feck me, Everton with 1 charges? Big fish?
It's good to see the FA actually tackling a big club like this in Everton.
They've spent years dishing big deductions and fines to minnows, like Luton (30 points one year!), Macclesfield, Bury, Reading, numerous other champ clubs.
Two of them even being kicked out of their leagues.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
It’s definitely the best season to get points docked - they’ll be out of the bottom 3 by Xmas.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
So city will be docked 1150 points then I guess.
Might as well just delete their club. It's the only reasonable outcome. Alternatively we could relegate them to the lowest possible division and see them spend a decade clawing their way back up. Maybe that's funnier?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's good to see the FA actually tackling a big club like this in Everton.
They've spent years dishing big deductions and fines to minnows, like Luton (30 points one year!), Macclesfield, Bury, Reading, numerous other champ clubs.
Two of them even being kicked out of their leagues.
The FA didn't impose this on us, an independent commission did.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
They’ll be rioting. City getting away with it and they get done.

Simon Powley

All this has done is to show that City will probably be punished for just one season, whilst breaking rules for several seasons. If you win the league 5 times, aided by financial manipulation, then it'll surely be worth it if you're only deducted a handful of points for one season. This is more of a deterrent only to the clubs hovering around the bottom of the table.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Might as well just delete their club. It's the only reasonable outcome. Alternatively we could relegate them to the lowest possible division and see them spend a decade clawing their way back up. Maybe that's funnier?
Delete the club and uninstall Etihad with immediate effect, think could be slightly funnier, mainly because after one month nobody would remember.

MegadrivePerson

Everton have cooperated and admitted their guilt whereas City are still denying the charges and pretending that everything they have done is all above board.

Nickelodeon

I see a lot of clamour suggesting that the point deduction is harsh and excessive. While I don't personally have enough information to make that call, I hope that it doesn't get completely removed or reduced to a miniscule level. Purely from the point of view of seeing City suffer from a blatant disregard of the laws.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
feck that, I want relegation and titles being stripped.
In the name of Robert of the House Baratheon, the first of his name, King of the Andals and the first men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and protector of the realm, I charge you to bring the King's Justice to the false manager Pep Guardiola and all those who shared in his crimes. I denounce him and attaint him. I strip him of all ranks and titles, of all lands and holdings, and sentence him to death relegation.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I see a lot of clamour suggesting that the point deduction is harsh and excessive. While I don't personally have enough information to make that call, I hope that it doesn't get completely removed or reduced to a miniscule level. Purely from the point of view of seeing City suffer from a blatant disregard of the laws.
From my limited understanding of it, I can see arguments for both sides (it being too lenient or too harsh).

Portsmouth literally fell into administration and only received a 9 point deduction.

On the other hand, it could be argued that their spending beyond their means has seen clubs relegated for two seasons on the bounce that would have otherwise remained in the Premier League.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
City will probably get relegated, eventually. We could be for the high jump as well given our spending and probable lack of CL money.

Ultimately I think the rules are stupid and designed to simply entrench the same clubs forever.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
yeah agreed although isn’t it suggested you need CL football due to FFP ?
No idea. I assume they must have a plan B if things don't pan out the way they intended this season. But maybe not. Who knows?

Oranges038

Shite for Everton. Can they appeal it?

The league has set this precedent now. They'll have to follow up with something more punitive for years of cheating.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Certainly harsh, but fair in spirit of the rules.

The wider football community will obviously be raging about the fact another club isn’t as forthcoming, denies 115 charges and is simply left to carry on sweeping up trophies without any real issue.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
You may well be right you know. would go some way to explaining the activity in the market.

I’m seeing a lot coming out now of possible relegation now though for Chelsea and City?
That's just scandal mongering of the Daily Mail for you. Wouldn't expect any different from that bunch tbf.

I honestly don't see how our potential case with the Abramovich-related payments is in any way similar to the +100 FFP charges on Man City and therefore I don't see how the punishments should be in any way relatable either.

The latest articles about Chelsea mention a handful of dodgy transactions being made to agents over a time period of more than a decade. The amounts we're talking about there are what, 20M total over who knows how many years? Overall the club's revenues and expenditures in that time period is in the billions so the amounts are but a drop in the ocean. If there's some rules that have been broken (likely) then some form of punishment is fair enough but it's sure as feck not going to be relegation. :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
City will probably get relegated, eventually. We could be for the high jump as well given our spending and probable lack of CL money.

Ultimately I think the rules are stupid and designed to simply entrench the same clubs forever.
Indeed.

(Stupid) rules are (stupid) rules though.