Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Er...."He doesn't do it every week" isn't a valid defense you idiot.

"Your honor, my client sees human beings every single day, yet how come he doesn't murder someone every day?"

Some budding lawyers on this forum.
Put it this way sunshine. Unless there's some solid incriminating evidence forthcoming. It'll be a lot easier defending Suarez than it will be prosecuting him. Especially considering Evra's past record regarding accusing people of racism.

Enigma_87

You know who
the debate surpasses that very moment. It's clear that he keeps on talking to Evra when the camera switches over. I'm sure sky would have those shots from the other camera as the situation were in front of the goal...

I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. Suarez is a cnut of the highest order...

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Put it this way sunshine. Unless there's some solid incriminating evidence forthcoming. It'll be a lot easier defending Suarez than it will be prosecuting him. Especially considering Evra's past record regarding accusing people of racism.
What exactly is his past record? All that comes to mind is that incident at Stamford Bridge which was a very difficult case because all you had was CCTV, from there it's his word against the groundsman's. The fact Evra got into trouble for the lack of firm evidence means he'd think twice before pointing the finger again.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What on Earth is that supposed to mean? The only time I would write or say the word would be to reference its use by someone else, or if in a general discussion on a topic in which the word is relevant. Using the actual word as opposed to the 'n-word' is standard practice in the UK and Europe, whether in journalism or anywhere else. Its use in this way is completely non-controversial.
maybe crossed wires, if so, I apologise .... but this word should just be banned from life full stop. It causes too many problems. It is the foundational basis along with the P word that racism was built upon in the UK. Football in particular has made such wonderful progress in this respect and yet here we are on a board where only words can be used and posters use the word.

I see no valid reason for the word to be written at all. Zero tolerance should mean exactly that.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
the 'n' word is highly offensive here in the states and many Americans are on this board.

everyone knows what he meant. He could have been sensitive about spelling out the word.
The word 'nigger' is very offensive over here in Britain as well, but our convention is not to spell it as n***** but to write offensive words in quotation marks to be clear the word is being mentioned and not used.

See, for example, Fury at Kenny 'joke' spreads | UK news | The Observer and Censoring Mark Twain's 'n-words' is unacceptable | Books | guardian.co.uk.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Pete's comment is a clearly a parody of the phrase 'the boy who cried wolf', referring to past accusations and the effect that has on credibility.
Every got it, but it's not exactly funny or witty.

I don't understand why people can't just use the 'n word' in these discussions.

People always end up going crazy with using the word in its full form.

What I don't understand is, Why. F.A.P is asterixed out, W.A.N.Kfest is asterixed out, shit even this site dabbled with getting cnut asterixed out at one point.

Yet anybody can say the actual N word at any given moment.

I ask, what should take priority here? Maybe there's not enough people who get offened. Me personally I would like for this site to asterix out the actual n word. It's surley alot worse than fecking ********.

and before people start arguing context boss, well saying 'n word' would not take away from the context. Not in any shape or form. So redcafe would not be losing anything from asterixing out that word. I mean ffs ******** gets the treatment.

I would like for the actual N word to be asterixed out, just please think about it powers that be. Weigh up the pros and cons and look at what words can't be said on the Caf.

On that note, I'm off to watch Motd.

Edmeiste

maybe crossed wires, if so, I apologise .... but this word should just be banned from life full stop. It causes too many problems. It is the foundational basis along with the P word that racism was built upon in the UK. Football in particular has made such wonderful progress in this respect and yet here we are on a board where only words can be used and posters use the word.

I see no valid reason for the word to be written at all. Zero tolerance should mean exactly that.
Agreed. Saying the word barely contributes anything.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What exactly is his past record? All that comes to mind is that incident at Stamford Bridge which was a very difficult case because all you had was CCTV, from there it's his word against the groundsman's. The fact Evra got into trouble for the lack of firm evidence means he'd think twice before pointing the finger again.
Think he knows all of the above hence the comments were tweeted...no official complaints.All they will do is initiate debate.I'm sure the journos will pick up on those tweets if they haven't already

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I think it's because the actual N word is very rarely used on these boards in comparison to cnut, or ***, or wank.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The word 'nigger' is very offensive over here in Britain as well, but our convention is not to spell it as n***** but to write offensive words in quotation marks to be clear the word is being mentioned and not used.

See, for example, Fury at Kenny 'joke' spreads | UK news | The Observer

and I said there are many Americans on this board who dont like to see that word spelled out for whatever reason.

whats so difficult to understand? This is not just a UK only board.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Personally I think there is a difference between using the word as an offensive word, and using the word in discussion about somebody using the word offensively.

However, I am as white as they come so my opinion is completely invalid. If people that the word is targetted at do not like it even used in that form of discussion then I think we should all respect that.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God

I don't agree with you there. I see the distinction between using the word and referencing the word as I see the distinction between, say, using a Nazi swastika on far right political campaign leaflets and printing the swastika in a history book.

MikeUpNorth

and I said there are many Americans on this board who dont like to see that word spelled out for whatever reason.

whats so difficult to understand? This is not just a UK only board.
Why would we go with American language conventions over British ones on a Man Utd board? It's pretty clear when someone is actually saying a word to cause offence or mentioning it in a relevant discussion.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Err, yeah :houllier:

Have you got an answer to my question as to why Evra seems to be the one who's targeted more than most when it comes to racism ?

Suarez plays week in, week out, against black players. Not only for club, but for his country aswell. However, I don't recall other black players accusing him of the kind of things your lad is. There were other players all within earshot of the players when Suarez is alleged to have come out with the insult. Yet surprisingly, none of them seem to have heard this word. Even more surprising when you consider he's supposed to have said it 10 times.
:lol: My god.

1. 2 incidents in 6 years, one of which was allegedly by a groundsman, and backed up by Mike Phelan, Richard Hartis and two United players.

2. Right. Because no-one has accused him before, he's innocent. You'd make a fantastic lawyer.

3. He's right in his ear when he made the alleged remarks. It's not surprising at all. He may be a cnut but he's not stupid enough to shout it, if he has said it.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Why would we go with American language conventions over British ones on a Man Utd board? It's pretty clear when someone is actually saying a word to cause offence or mentioning it in a relevant discussion.
This Man. Utd board is for users from all over the world.

as has been mentioned you dont have to spell out the word to have a discussion.

MikeUpNorth

This Man. Utd board is for users from all over the world.

as has been mentioned you dont have to spell out the word to have a discussion.
Yeah, let's start going with 'color' and 'meter' as well to make the Americans happy. People speak and write differently in different parts of the world, get over it.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Because that's what's we're REALLY talking about not some sanitised 'n-word'.
We all know what's being said even in it's sanitised form. They both convey the same meaning in a discussion yet one is more offensive than the other. Not just for me but other people reading the website.

For me certain people wait for debates like this to have an excuse to use it. Spray it left right and center. Yet it's the same people who engage in debates like this in public that use 'n word' instead. Oh, I know this. Why change?

but whatever turns people on, hopefully one day it would get asterixed out, it should certainly be ahead of ******** imo.

but I don't actually have a voice. So whatever. Deuces.

Amir

The commission found that Bethell conducted himself in a 'disorderly fashion' and that his language 'had been abusive and provocative'.
--

That was the verdict when it came to the Chelsea groundsman. Problem is he wasn't under FA jurisdiction so they couldn't do anything. Evra was - and whatever he was told, his reaction was over the top - so he was banned.