Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
This Man. Utd board is for users from all over the world.

as has been mentioned you dont have to spell out the word to have a discussion.
Using the 'n-word' as opposed to the actual word is very much an American thing. It's not a case of Britain being different from the rest of the world.

Where do you stand on the swastika, by the way? I take it you agree with the German/Austrian legal position that says its public display, regardless of the context, should be banned?

Edmeiste

The commission found that Bethell conducted himself in a 'disorderly fashion' and that his language 'had been abusive and provocative'.
--

That was the verdict when it came to the Chelsea groundsman. Problem is he wasn't under FA jurisdiction so they couldn't do anything. Evra was - and whatever he was told, his reaction was over the top - so he was banned.
And despite that they still banned him? Is this so they didnt look bad? I don't get it

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Using the 'n-word' as opposed to the actual word is very much an American thing. It's not a case of Britain being different from the rest of the world.

Where do you stand on the swastika, by the way? I take it you agree with the German/Austrian legal position that says its public display, regardless of the context, should be banned?
I dont know about the German law. But I assume they have such laws to prevent any provocative use of such displays and to be sensitive of people who lived through such evil.

acnumber9

you are fecking thick.
It's funny that you think the use of a word used without any malice is more offensive than calling someone fecking thick. Should the word ever be banned a lot of black 'comedians' will be out of work.

Amir

And despite that they still banned him? Is this so they didnt look bad? I don't get it
I thought a four match ban was a farce. Having said that, whatever he was told was no excuse to behave like he did and get away with it. If he punched Suarez in response today, he's still get a three match ban.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I dont know about the German law. But I assume they have such laws to prevent any provocative use of such displays and to be sensitive of people who lived through such evil.
The law doesn't just prevent the symbol's use in a provocative manner. There is a blanket ban on its publication, with the exception of its use for academic purposes. So for example, if we were posting in Germany and we wanted to have a casual discussion on a news story about the use of a swastika, it would be illegal for us to post pictures of said swastika. Even historical model Luftwaffe planes are not permitted to feature the swastika.

You are basically arguing for the same ban, only on a word, not a symbol.

Brophs

The One and Only
Aren't you from Maynooth, you animal rapist? Nowhere are the people whiter than in Maynnoth. Over three surveys have proven that beyond doubt.

Edmeiste

It's funny that you think the use of a word used without any malice is more offensive than calling someone fecking thick. Should the word ever be banned a lot of black 'comedians' will be out of work.
using the word nigga has become acceptable. I dont think that one will ever become removed. It's established and rooted itself within this current generation so much that hispanics call each other niggas. Basically alot of people try and use it. Yet even using that word if you're not black causes problems. I've seen it first hand and the reaction is always, 'if you can use it, why cant I?'

black comedians take advantage of the fact that they can sound funny with it and crowds seem to like it. Then it's also in hip-hop culture and such. So in that sense, I dont see that word going away anytime soon.

Now the other one is more clear cut and from where I'm from if you use that in any context it's unacceptable. When I see black comedians use it, I just shake my head. You get mad when someone else uses it but then you take liberty in using it as well. That's their approach and from my hometown, kids do the same thing. Makes the problem even more convoluted. That's why I wonder if it will ever disappear from society.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The law doesn't just prevent the symbol's use in a provocative manner. There is a blanket ban on its publication, with the exception of its use for academic purposes. So for example, if we were posting in Germany and we wanted to have a casual discussion on a news story about the use of a swastika, it would be illegal for us to post pictures of said swastika. Even historical model Luftwaffe planes are not permitted to feature the swastika.

You are basically arguing for the same ban, only on a word, not a symbol.
they are not wrong imo.

all I am saying is we can have a discussion without spelling out the word.

wr8_utd

:'(
FA says it "will now begin making enquiries into the matter" following allegation reported to referee Marriner at the end of the game.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Yup I'm the catalyst,

*** face. :)
I have no idea what you said, since it was asterisked out.

It was a comment in jest anyway, I'm sure you have a chip in your head sync'd to the Caf that informs you when the topic of rascism arises. It's ironic that you talk about people having a fetish for it, when you too rise to every single occasion to engage someone in a debate over it.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
2Pac said "a 'nigga' is a guy with gold chains round his neck. A 'n*****' is a guy with a noose."

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
MOTD.... The FA have been made aware of an incident, as was the ref at the time.

Sw33t

Hope he gets fecked. Utterly classless and there's no need for it.

We all know he's a dirty cnut, but that's just taking it to a new low.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just alluded to on MOTD, no names mentioned of course but we'll all soon know