Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Too little, too late if you ask me. He's done the right thing in apologising but this should have come months ago or at the very least straight after the hearing, given an apology implies guilt and Liverpool/Kenny should have schtum until after the hearing. I have a feeling all this has come from up top too from the owners and has nothing to do with how Kenny and Suarez really feel about the issue.

Smores

It's a shit indirect apology but at least it's something. We all knew Suarez was a scumbag before this incident, the apology I want to hear is from Kenny and Liverpool, they became the villains for me a long time ago.

RK

So any idea what Oliver Kay's "interesting story" in the Times was going to be about?
No idea, I can't even speculate. It's probably bollocks, because the back page of the Times (provisionally) comprises only the Suarez' " 'apology' ", Newcastle beating United and an advert for premature ejaculation.

EDIT: actually embedded in the Suarez story there'is a bit to another article titled "Liverpool defence finds new plan of attack", but I can't see any more details.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The apology from Suarez is the first sensible move they've made. It's obviously bullshit and all about point scoring, but point scoring is what they need to drag themselves out of the mud. They have at least made a move that hasn't made their hole deeper for the first time in this saga.

We can't expect them to carry on being as stupid as they have been forever.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
A further irony is that so many of them jumped to vilify Everton for the racist abuse directed at John Barnes, and taking the moral high ground in that debate, yet now they close their eyes and defend the indefensible.

This club has fallen very far
Not to mention the thread in the RAWK forum where they condemned the Anderlecht player for racially abusing Sissoko.

Kelvin

It is not a sincere apology he is still blaming Evra, tosser.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Right. Suarez saying he didnt say anything wrong, then he admits to say something, then the club tells us that he didnt do anything wrong, and now he tells us that he said something wrong again? And despite the full report from the FA, he refuses to fess up to it? Is this the 'ugly truth' that Daglish was talking about? fecking shambles of a saga this is

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Liverpool should be charged for their twattish behaviour in the whole thing.

To outright slag off the FA, and also to call Evra a liar...they should be punished. I think if a player or manager themselves said it to the camera they would be punished. For the club to release a written statement saying such things...they're very lucky IMO

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Finally an apology eh? Bout time..

Rings a little hollow coming after their press releases on Tuesday though.

I think its finally dawned on them how bad they're looking in all this and they just want it all to go away now.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Until they directly apologize to the racially abused player it's not an apology at all. Period.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Liverpool should be charged for their twattish behaviour in the whole thing.
That would be funny.

Imagine Sky news, would be very Python-esque:

"The FA tonight have charged Liverpool FC with twattish behavior. If found guilty the club could face a hefty fine or in the worst case be labeled a 'bunch of cnuts' for the entirety of their existence"

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
My word. Are people still on this?

Don't people know the difference when a black man says the n-word and when a white man calls a black man a "negro"?
Agreed. The Mail has done itself a disservice running that piece. Its ridiculous in some parts of New York you might hear Italian Americans calling each other 'dagos' and 'guidos' but would any of us in our right mind walk up to one and call him a 'dago' or a 'guido', especially in an argument?

There are parts of the English speaking world where white people frequently throw the terms 'cracker' and 'white trash' around at each other but would any non-white person who wanted to be conciliatory walk up to a white person and call them 'cracker' or 'white trash'?

Fail from the Mail.

:rolleyes:

decorativeed

Agreed. The Mail has done itself a disservice running that piece. Its ridiculous in some parts of New York you might hear Italian Americans calling each other 'dagos' and 'guidos' but would any of us in our right mind walk up to one and call him a 'dago' or a 'guido', especially in an argument?

There are parts of the English speaking world where white people frequently throw the terms 'cracker' and 'white trash' around at each other but would any non-white person who wanted to be conciliatory walk up to a white person and call them 'cracker' or 'white trash'?

Fail from the Mail.

:rolleyes:
The fecking comments on there as well! Jesus, people are thick, aren't they?

"The FA should look into this and charge him then ban him for 8 games"

For doing a humerous (open to interpretation but certainly not serious) rant to himself in a hotel room seven years ago when he wasn't even playing for an English team? I'd like to see them try.

Legend16

My word. Are people still on this?

Don't people know the difference when a black man says the n-word and when a white man calls a black man a "negro"?
its hard to comprehend that people still cannot get a grasp on what the actual issue is here

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

"FFS, give it up - he's been found guilty."
"Wait! I've found a Youtube video from 2002 that I'm sending to the FA!"

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Courtesy of BBC

Kick It Out's Lord Ouseley has labelled Liverpool "hypocritical" over their handling of Luis Suarez's eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra.

Liverpool players wore T-shirts in support of Uruguayan Suarez - a move Ouseley has called "dreadful".

Lord Ouseley also said Reds striker Suarez's apology was "lamentable".

The anti-racism campaign's chairman said: "Liverpool need to take a hard look at themselves. Suarez's attempt at a belated apology is lamentable."

I cannot believe a club of Liverpool's stature, with how it has previously led on matters of social injustice and inequality, can allow its integrity and credibility to be debased by such crass and ill-considered responses/ Lord Ouseley Chairman, Kick It Out anti-racism campaign

Liverpool are not appealing against the Football Association suspension and £40,000 fine imposed on Suarez by an independent commission for his comments towards Manchester United defender Evra at Anfield on 15 October.

Suarez did not mention Evra by name in his apology and has also stated that he would carry out the suspension "with the resignation of someone who hasn't done anything wrong".

Kick It Out had previously commended Liverpool for choosing not to appeal against the ban.

A statement on its website on Wednesday said: "We commend Liverpool FC in bringing closure to this matter, reaffirming its commitment to an unequivocal, zero-tolerance approach towards discrimination in football."

However, Lord Ouseley, who was chairman of the Commission for Racial Equality from 1993 to 2000, wrote in the Guardian: "Liverpool need to take a hard look at themselves and how they have responded to the complaint and the investigations into the allegations of abuse in the Patrice Evra/Luis Suarez case.

"Throughout the entirety of the proceedings, over the past three months, all we have heard are denials and denigration of Evra.

"Since the publication of the 115-page report of the findings of the FA's independent commission, Liverpool's vitriol has increased.

"Suarez's attempt at a belated apology is nothing short of lamentable.

"I cannot believe that a club of Liverpool's stature, and with how it has previously led on matters of social injustice and inequality, can allow its integrity and credibility to be debased by such crass and ill-considered responses.

"Liverpool have been particularly hypocritical. You can't on the one hand wear a Kick It Out T-shirt in a week of campaigning against racism when this is also happening on the pitch: it's the height of hypocrisy.

"Liverpool players wore a T-shirt saying: 'We support Luis Suarez', seemingly whatever the outcome. This was a dreadful knee-jerk reaction because it stirs things up."

Piara Powar, executive director of Football Against Racism in Europe, believes the FA would be within its rights to charge Liverpool and its manager Kenny Dalglish over their handling of the situation.

"Liverpool have constantly undermined the investigation and its outcome," he told BBC Sport.

"They have been disrespectful to the FA and questioned its integrity and neutrality.

"If a manager had done that in a post-match interview the FA would have brought disrepute charges."

It is understood that the FA has no plans to charge either Liverpool or Dalglish.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The video does make Evra look stupid. Not because of this case, it generally makes him look stupid. What it doesn't do is make him a racist or someone who should have to put up with racist abuse on a football pitch or have any effect on Suarez's admission of what the report found him guilty of.

There's also nothing this club or the FA has to act on.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I haven't had time to read the last couple of pages, but I assume Oliver Kay's 'big news' that he alluded to yesterday is the apology?