F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

pauldyson1uk

Max Verstappen has been given a 'gentle warning' by the FIA over his driving style.

The Red Bull driver, whose aggressive method of defending track position has been severely criticised by his peers, held talks with FIA Race Director Charlie Whiting on Friday morning at Monza ahead of practice for the Italian GP.

It's unclear whether Verstappen, who was accompanied by Red Bull race manager Jonathan Wheatley, was summoned to attend or if his team instigated the conference.

"It was a gentle warning to say 'that''ll be a black and white flag'. a bit of a warning."

A black and white flag is used in motorsport to warn a driver he has been cited for 'unsporting behaviour'.

RedFish

Something tells me that Verstappen only cares about winning and is prepared to do whatever it takes to do that. He's a born winner, plainly superior in talent to most of the current drivers and is absolutly a bit of a cnut, like most World Champions in fact.

Dante

Average bang
I admire cuntishness in sportsmen. Everybody's favourites (Massa, Ricciardo, Webber, etc) are losers for a reason. Button had one lucky season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Something tells me that Verstappen only cares about winning and is prepared to do whatever it takes to do that. He's a born winner, plainly superior in talent to most of the current drivers and is absolutly a bit of a cnut, like most World Champions in fact.
There's a big difference between being a single minded competitor like Schumacher and a child flipping a game board because he lost. Right now, Verstappen actions seem more of the latter. When you are competing with other men, you need to uphold the professionalism of the sport like not intentionally slowing down drivers because you want to throw a fit.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Anyways, Mercedes are a full 0.3 seconds faster than their closest competitor and Hamilton is a full 0.4 seconds faster than his teammate. The race is a foregone conclusion at this point.

Count Orduck

There's a big difference between being a single minded competitor like Schumacher and a child flipping a game board because he lost. Right now, Verstappen actions seem more of the latter. When you are competing with other men, you need to uphold the professionalism of the sport like not intentionally slowing down drivers because you want to throw a fit.
Funny that you mention Schumacher and professionalism in the same post. This is the guy that got all his points taken away in one season for cheating, correct?

spwd

Would Vettel going wide on that last corner be an advantage?
I wondered about that, he was miles wide.

Anyways, Mercedes are a full 0.3 seconds faster than their closest competitor and Hamilton is a full 0.4 seconds faster than his teammate. The race is a foregone conclusion at this point.
Let's hope so for Lewis :drool:

pauldyson1uk

Jenson Button will not race in Formula 1 in 2017 - but could return to the grid in 2018 with McLaren after agreeing a new two-year deal at the team.

Stoffel Vandoorne will instead race alongside Fernando Alonso next season

After months of speculation over his future, the 36-year-old Button announced at Monza on Saturday what could only amount to a sabbatical from racing after agreeing a revised deal which includes the option of returning to the grid with the team in 2018.
"I definitely need a break," Button told a news conference. "In 2018 the team have an option for me to drive."

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24180/10557876/jenson-button

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
I have a hard time believing that paul, although I read that, too. He cannot get a ride that has the necessary speed and has not done well in years.

Dan

Yeah I can see your point, not had a decent car for a while now, maybe he will enjoy his year off an not want to come back, but I think with a decent car he still has plenty to offer F1.
Didn't Mika Hakkinen take a sabbatical, he never came back.

RedFish

It's his first season in F1, he has lots to learn, and I don't doubt that he will. It's incredibly exciting to have someone as good as he is come into the mix. The issue regarding the defensive manoeuvre/tactic(moving late, after the driver behind has made his move at full throttle), needs to be addressed as it is obviously a massive accident waiting to happen. I read that this goes on a lot in the junior/development formulas and is not frowned upon like it is in F1.

Your comment about Schumacher is funny to me as it is the similarity of their characters that has caught the paddock's attention.

Last edited:

RedFish

Yeah I can see your point, not had a decent car for a while now, maybe he will enjoy his year off an not want to come back, but I think with a decent car he still has plenty to offer F1.
I don't think he'll come back, at least not to McLaren anyway. i'm surprised he didn't take the seat at Williams which was reportedly offered to him. He's won a WDC and he is a more than useful driver, but there's a new breed waiting to come in who already are struggling to get a seat largely because of paid drivers and their apparent necessity- Vandoorne coming in for the Bahrain race making his F1 race debut and out performing Jenson, scoring McLaren's first point of the season in the process just illustrates this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Do people still expect Mercedes to keep their dominance next year? Think next year marks the biggest changes in regulations, since the start of the decade.

Standings after Race 14

pauldyson1uk

Standings after Race 14.

Redfish-Alfa takes a slim 2 point lead over F1, with Cartman only 5 points behind.
Not much movement this week.
Only change was Team 3 and FC Ronaldo swapped places.
Team of the Race, Redfish-Alfa for his slight advantage at the top.

Next Race is Singapore on the 18th.

1st screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1116
2nd panther F1 1114
3rd eric cartman Cartman 1109
4th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1089
5th christy87 Langers on a mission 1078
6th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1064
7th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1058
8th impulse Team 3 1036
9th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1036
10th krits teabagggers 1012
11th dargonk Dargon's crew 980