F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Championship over for Lewis. Can't catch a break this year.
Team orders to let him past his championship rival, not getting punished for taking out Rosberg on P1 twice, got very lucky with the SC in Spa and Rosberg lost even more points with the stewards beeing harsh on him like they've never been on Hamilton.

I really don't care if Hamilton beats Rosberg fair and square and he is able to do that but if Hamilton would win the title because of teamorders and stewards in the most superior car since the McLaren MP4/4it would be a very sad year for F1. With the bad luck of today and another case in the coming races he still has a chance of winning it himself instead of getting his 4th title handed to him.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Team orders to let him past his championship rival, not getting punished for taking out Rosberg on P1 twice, got very lucky with the SC in Spa and Rosberg lost even more points with the stewards beeing harsh on him like they've never been on Hamilton.

I really don't care if Hamilton beats Rosberg fair and square and he is able to do that but if Hamilton would win the title because of teamorders and stewards in the most superior car since the McLaren MP4/4it would be a very sad year for F1. With the bad luck of today and another case in the coming races he still has a chance of winning it himself instead of getting his 4th title handed to him.
:lol:

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Everyone seems to be talking about Hamiltons bad luck but Rosberg had his own bad luck getting knocked down to last on turn one.

Brilliant drive back to the podium

ZDwyr

Pleased Ricciardo got a win. Some really good racing to keep Verstappen behind him before Lewis' engine went.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The talk of a conspiracy is pathetic. A lot in F1 is purely down to luck. This simply isn't Hamilton's year.

17Larsson

Martin Brundle just said Rosberg was very lucky today.
The reason he was lucky;
His car wasn't badly damaged on turn 1
None of the other drivers hit him as he was driving through the field to third.
His 10 second penalty was lenient.

Brundle is the only reason I can stomach sky's coverage but that is all wrong. If it had been Hamilton driving from last to third he would be driver of the day

Rooney1987

That is not good , another race from dead last, going to be hard pushed to win this season now , Nico's for the taking.
8 Mercedes powered cars, only one has any engine issues, that's some very "bad luck". Great drive from Nico nothing he can do about that situation.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Some awful luck there. How many engines now? In his interview he said 8 cars 40 odd engines and only he has had the failures. Is it 3 or 4?

Rosberg was very lucky but if you want to win this you have to take advantage of the luck and he certainly did.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Wonder how Seb feels about leaving Red Bull. If any team will knock Mercedes off the top in the near future, it is Red Bull.

Ferrari look all at sea.

Rooney1987

Wonder how Seb feels about leaving Red Bull. If any team will knock Mercedes off the top in the near future, it is Red Bull.

Ferrari look all at sea.
Maybe we see Lewis and Seb switch seats. Both seem unhappy and been rumours of Seb to Merc/Lewis to Ferrari.

RedFish

Ferrari look all at sea.
Not so certain with the regulation changes next year which should really shake things up, at least to start with. When Vettel left he was been outperformed by Ricciardo and was just having a dreadful season. Having already won 4 titles in a row with the team,it was the right decision to move. I bet he doesn't regret it one bit to be honest.

Rooney1987

Would love to see Lewis at Ferrari. It's probably the right time to do it as who knows who will take most advantage of the new rule changes.
Me too, some would question it, but Lewis brand of the track brand just suits Ferrari and the fans would love his driving style. Seb to Merc is obvious. If that doesn't happen maybe Lewis will stick with Merc for 1 year and go back home to Mclaren at some point like he said he would.

I just think Lewis relationship with Merc is too damaged to fix now. Don't know if I'm in minority but the relationship has looked broken all year and Lewis/Lauda have fallen out too. Not talking about just today but all year it's clear something has gone wrong.

Last edited:
Standings after race 16

pauldyson1uk

Another good week for Redfish-Alfa, managed to incress his lead from 21 points to 23 points over Cartman.

Langers on a mission swapped with Wicked_badgers for 4th and 5th.
Enzo's Red climbed 2 placed in to 12th with Dragon's crew dropping to 14th.
Toyota F1 also climbed 2 to 13th with GrumpyLions dropping to 15th.
2inthegoo1inthepoo swapped places with Better Call Bernie, for 16th and 17th .

Looking like the top 2 will be fighting for the Championship this season with only 5 races left, Redfish is odds on to win with his 23 point lead.
Cartman is still in with a shout, but I think F1 in 3rd has too much ground to make up

Next race is Japan on Sunday lights out at 6am

1st screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1344
2nd eric cartman Cartman 1321
3rd panther F1 1300
4th christy87 Langers on a mission 1266
5th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1263
6th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1232
7th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1213
8th impulse Team 3 1203
9th krits teabagggers 1202
10th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1177
11th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1146
12th highoncaf Enzo's Red 1127
13th uniquim Toyota F1 1110
14th dargonk Dargon's crew 1108
15th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1105
16th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 1077
17th leg-end Better Call Bernie 1077
18th dante dante 1017
19th thebest191 TheBest 968
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 922
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 813
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 809
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 776

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Good battle between Hamilton and Verstappen in the closing laps.

Giggsy92

Now the championship's done it'd be fun to have at least one Mercedes down in 8th or so every race, makes it much more interesting. And someone needs to have a word with Verstappen about his moving under braking, it'll get very ugly one day soon.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Now the championship's done it'd be fun to have at least one Mercedes down in 8th or so every race, makes it much more interesting. And someone needs to have a word with Verstappen about his moving under braking, it'll get very ugly one day soon.
He's allowed to move once, so what's the problem? As we have seen so many times in the past, Hamilton always needs 5 laps to work out that power and DRS won't do before he starts trying something different, and that was too late again.

17Larsson

Hard to gauge what a race is like from highlights but it looked decent enough. Bad start from Hamilton again. Perfect weekend from Rosberg, I hope he can keep it up for the last four races

Mark_GrumpyLion

Pretty good race. Max vs Hamilton for a few laps felt like that wrestling thing where they put two big guys in a tag match and they only fight for a short while to make people excited for their upcoming match. Don't think he did anything wrong in countering hamilton.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
The problem is that he makes the move so late that it gives the overtaking car very little time to react and will inevitably lead to a big crash if he keeps doing it.
I have to disagree on the inevitability. It's quite new in the sense that the defender reacts to the passing move of the attacker itself, but it's not something the attacker couldn't anticipate. Raikkonen had complaints before, but in fact it was him who was driving erratically to surprise Verstappen with a sudden pass, while Verstappen was just tightening his line with about half a meter. I guess if you want to jump out of the slipstream, you'll have to be prepared to brake if you tried it on the wrong side. I'm not saying there's no danger at all, I just believe it's the attacking driver's responsability to keep it safe when there's defending like this and that will get easier when everybody is used to it.

I have to disagree on the inevitability. It's quite new in the sense that the defender reacts to the passing move of the attacker itself, but it's not something the attacker couldn't anticipate. Raikkonen had complaints before, but in fact it was him who was driving erratically to surprise Verstappen with a sudden pass, while Verstappen was just tightening his line with about half a meter. I guess if you want to jump out of the slipstream, you'll have to be prepared to brake if you tried it on the wrong side. I'm not saying there's no danger at all, I just believe it's the attacking driver's responsability to keep it safe when there's defending like this and that will get easier when everybody is used to it.
Not seen the manoeuvre in question, but seen other defends from Verstappen
But would allowing this kind of defence to become the norm not send out the wrong message for a sport that already struggles for overtaking?
And as such, should be eliminated as quickly as possible (and not just for reasons of safety)

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Not seen the manoeuvre in question, but seen other defends from Verstappen
But would allowing this kind of defence to become the norm not send out the wrong message for a sport that already struggles for overtaking?
And as such, should be eliminated as quickly as possible (and not just for reasons of safety)
I don't think the sport struggles for overtaking. It's true that great races often have a lot of overtakes, but that doesn't mean that F1 racing gets more exciting by making overtaking easier. I want to see drivers battling, not easy DRS-overtakes, an overtake is much more exciting if it is very hard and takes several laps, and is decisive or at least very important for the rest of the race. We could also widen the goals in football and have basketball scores, but then a goal would be much less exciting.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I can't help but think that Lewis will leave Mercedes at the end of the season. He has had bad luck, but also I think that the team has overtly supported Nico more, by team I really mean Niki Lauder.

Standings after Race 17

pauldyson1uk

Standings after Race 17.
Redfish-Alfa increases his lead at the top to 39 points.
4 races left.
Next race is US GP 23rd October, green lights at 20:00 our time.

1st screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1455
2nd eric cartman Cartman 1416
3rd panther F1 1385
4th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1356
5th christy87 Langers on a mission 1351
6th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1325
7th impulse Team 3 1300
8th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1300
9th krits teabagggers 1291
10th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1237
11th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1223
12th uniquim Toyota F1 1199
13th highoncaf Enzo's Red 1189
14th dargonk Dargon's crew 1162
15th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1159
16th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 1125
17th leg-end Better Call Bernie 1125
18th dante dante 1074
19th thebest191 TheBest 1031
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 957
21st rpitroda Spasian Racing 855
22nd sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 849
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 836

RedFish

I can't help but think that Lewis will leave Mercedes at the end of the season. He has had bad luck, but also I think that the team has overtly supported Nico more, by team I really mean Niki Lauder.
It was a gamble to leave Mclaren when he did (as much as it can be a gamble with Ross Brawn the team principle of Merc at the time). I think a Ferrari move would be perfect for him if it were to be a direct swap with Vettel.

pauldyson1uk

Did not see this one coming.

Nico Hulkenberg is set to join Renault for 2017 after Force India confirmed the German would be leaving at the end of the season.

The German, who is Sky Sports understand will sign a three-year deal at Renault, leaves Force India after four years and it's expected that either Kevin Magnussen or Esteban Ocon will be his team-mate with the French manufacturer.

In a move that could shake up the transfer market, the Enstone team, who tried but failed to recruit both Carlos Sainz and Hulkenberg's current team-mate Sergio Perez, look to have landed the leading driver they have desired..

pauldyson1uk

Sebastian Vettel has revealed talks over a new deal at Ferrari have been put on hold.

Vettel is instead set to to enter the final year of his Ferrari contract without putting in place an agreement to extend his stay at Maranello.
Hamilton and Vettel to swap seats?! Merc would love to have an all German lineup in a German team

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Sebastian Vettel has revealed talks over a new deal at Ferrari have been put on hold.

Vettel is instead set to to enter the final year of his Ferrari contract without putting in place an agreement to extend his stay at Maranello.
Hamilton and Vettel to swap seats?! Merc would love to have an all German lineup in a German team
Aye, that's been rumoured for a while. Can see the appeal to all parties.