F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
ridiculous penalties handed out again, there is just no consistency.
How can they penalise one driver and not another?
Its time they had the same team at every race making the decisions and all penalties should be handed out after the race.
Embarrassing stuff.
The Vettel one is a new rule literally just put in place this race due to Verstapen doing it a few times. The others weren't too consistent I agree.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Just did a quick check on stats: of the 19 races already this year only 2 have not been won a Merc driver. Verstappen and Ricciardo each won one race.

Of the 19 poles, only one was not a Merc. Ricciardo again - and Mercedes won that race.
imo, Mercedes has been way too dominant and serves to make the sport less interesting.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
But that's the way it has been for a while Udall. First it was Shumi winning too much, then Vettal, now Hamilton/Rosberg dominate. You lose viewers without the tension of competition.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I suppose it has. Vettel did go on a streak, maybe even more than Hamilton or Rosberg are doing but it's getting old, for me anyway.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
But that's the way it has been for a while Udall. First it was Shumi winning too much, then Vettal, now Hamilton/Rosberg dominate. You lose viewers without the tension of competition.
But they tended to have one dominant year followed by a competitive year. Their winning got boring but there were seasons where other cars were at least challenging. Merc haven't only won 17/19 races this year, they won 16/19 the previous two seasons as well. Not their fault for being so much better than everyone else but still deathly for the sport.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
:lol:

Absolutely hilarious that Vettel moved under braking and got penalised given he basically championed that rule to be formally put in.

"Here is a message for Charlie: feck off! feck off!"
:lol:

Any news on what the punishment will be?

Look at Hamilton's advantage!

Asger

I wonder how anyone still follow this sport?? I used to loved it until it was ruined every year with stupid rules... And now it seems easy to just change rules between races :lol: What a joke.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
I have been watching since I was a youth, 50 years. I used to be thrilled with the competition. The driving was exciting and you did NOT know who was going to win at the end of the day. The drawback, of course, in the early years was the inherant danger. Now...meh.

Last edited:

RedFish

It's still the pinnacle of motorsport - the most technologically advanced motor racing on the planet. Engineering at it's finest. Without that, it's not F1, which is why spending caps to try and limit costs and increase competition has never been implemented and hopefully never will. The downside to that obviously is the massive budget differentials between the teams with the likes of RB, Mercedes, Mclaren and Ferrari with budgets (in 2015) of approx 450 million compared to Williams of around 185 milllion right down to Manor of around 80 milllion. It's not a fair series, with equal cars, equal resources. To make it all fair and square would be to change the nature of F1. If they did that, you may as well just watch the Indy car series.

Bearing in mind the budget differences , the most we can hope for (wish for) is that there is competition between teams of roughly equal resources - so a 4 team fight for the Championship (definitely room for improvement there!) along with competition between the midfield teams (Force India, Williams, Toro Rosso) and a rare surprise from the minnows like Manor and Sauber (budgets of around 80 and 100 million respectively).

The aspects of F1 I don't like are 1) Paid drivers - difficult to see what they can do about that given the value of extra income and the development benefit it brings to the team. 2) Circuits in the middle of nowhere with almost no one watching, with almost zero atmosphere (too many to list) and 3) Amateur management - especially rule changes midway through season - the new qualification format and subsequent ditching of, being a prime example. If the FIA allowed the drivers to just race, then there will be plenty of more action, like we saw with Vettel and the RB'S etc. It's all drama and entertainment!!

Team budgets:
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/221835/1/f1-2015-team-budgets-published-but-which-team-spends-most.html

pauldyson1uk

I have been watching since I was a youth, 50 years. I used to be thrilled with the competition. The driving was exciting and you did NOT know who was going to win at the end of the day. The drawback, of course, in the early years was the inherdanger. Now...meh.
I watched for years till the day I saw Senna die, something clicked in me and I did not watch another race till Lewis had his first win.
But I still watch now but most of the races are boring on the whole, they need more action in them , yes like Seb and the Red Bulls, it is less and less about the racing an more about managing brakes , fuel, tyres these days, cant see the new rules coming in next season making it any better.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Not sure why people compare Red Bulls dominance in Vettels day to that of Mercedes now.
Vettel only won 1 of his titles convincingly (2013) the others were close and the runners up were never his team mate.
Mercedes have been totally dominant for 3 seasons now with both drivers well clear of their competitors.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
And Rosberg.
Rosberg was rammed by Verstappen and did gain an advantage by cutting the corner as he could have lost more places had he tried to stay on track.
Hamilton made no attempt to make the corner (like Verstappen) after the lock up and gained a big advantage.
Hamilton and Verstappen should have received the same penalty with a lesser one for Rosberg.
Either that or let them get on with it.

pauldyson1uk

Rosberg was rammed by Verstappen and did gain an advantage by cutting the corner as he could have lost more places had he tried to stay on track.
Hamilton made no attempt to make the corner (like Verstappen) after the lock up and gained a big advantage.
Hamilton and Verstappen should have received the same penalty with a lesser one for Rosberg.
Either that or let them get on with it.
Why , the safety car nullified any advantage that Lewis got.
If there was no safety car, then maybe you have a point.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Why , the safety car nullified any advantage that Lewis got.
If there was no safety car, then maybe you have a point.
had he made an attempt at staying on track he could have lost a place or more, by the time the safety car came out he might not have been in the lead.

Giggsy92

Not sure why people compare Red Bulls dominance in Vettels day to that of Mercedes now.
Vettel only won 1 of his titles convincingly (2013) the others were close and the runners up were never his team mate.
Mercedes have been totally dominant for 3 seasons now with both drivers well clear of their competitors.
2011 wasn't convincing? 2010 should have been were it not for Vettel suffering poor reliability and Alonso and Hamilton putting in stellar seasons.

Also it's easy to forget just how poor Webber was in the Pirelli era, if Hamilton or Rosberg (or numerous other drivers) had been in that second Red Bull it would have looked a lot different.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
2011 wasn't convincing? 2010 should have been were it not for Vettel suffering poor reliability and Alonso and Hamilton putting in stellar seasons.

Also it's easy to forget just how poor Webber was in the Pirelli era, if Hamilton or Rosberg (or numerous other drivers) had been in that second Red Bull it would have looked a lot different.
however you want to look at it the fact is Red Bull were not as dominant as Mercedes are now.
Also I doubt Rosberg or numerous other drivers are that much better than Webber was.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Or when the competition has the wrong outcome. At least a lot of the British media got frustrated when after the Schumacher years they declared Hamillton a future 10-fold world champion, and another German turned out to be better. Two of his titles were won in a very tense season in the last race, and in none of his titles his teammate got second place. That's not dominance in terms of F1, and certainly not car dominance, that's a good fight with the best driver ending up on top. People who claim that F1 should be more about the driver than the car should have enjoyed those seasons, allthough the second half of the last one got very boring.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Breaking News on Sky.

SEBASTIAN VETTEL WILL FACE NO DISCIPLINARY ACTION FOR RADIO OUTBURST

I am shocked, so basicly call the head of the sport a cnut and nothing is said, sends out the wrong message.
Wow. :eek:

Hilarious to think that's ok but some of the radio messages that have seen penalties for in the past aren't :lol:

spwd

Breaking News on Sky.

I am shocked, so basicly call the head of the sport a cnut and nothing is said, sends out the wrong message.
I bet it would be a different outcome if it was Lewis that said it.

Sigma

Breaking News on Sky.

I think its the right decision to be honest. I like Vettel though so I'm probably biased.

In the heat of the moment, you say things, things you wished you never, just leave it there in the past and move on to the next race. He already apologised to Charlie anyway (verbally and written)

pauldyson1uk

I think its the right decision to be honest. I like Vettel though so I'm probably biased.

In the heat of the moment, you say things, things you wished you never, just leave it there in the past and move on to the next race. He already apologised to Charlie anyway (verbally and written)
I can see your point, but doing nothing sends out a message to say its OK to swear and call your boss a cnut, but so long has you say sorry, I dont agree, there should of been something to stop another driver from doing it.

Standings after Race 18 Revised

pauldyson1uk

Standings after race 18

Redfish-Alfa increased his lead to 64 points !!
F1 and Cartman swapped places, has did Langers on a mission and Wicked-badgers.
I dropped 2 places :( Team 3 and MANSELLS MOUSTACHE gain a place each.
Brazil next 13 Nov , Nico will be World Champion of he wins.

1st screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1637
2nd panther F1 1574
3rd eric cartman Cartman 1570
4th christy87 Langers on a mission 1540
5th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1526
6th impulse Team 3 1495
7th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1480
8th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1471
9th krits teabagggers 1448
10th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1394
11th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1350
12th highoncaf Enzo's Red 1346
13th uniquim Toyota F1 1338
14th dargonk Dargon's crew 1324
15th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1306
16th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 1267
17th leg-end Better Call Bernie 1267
18th dante dante 1207
19th thebest191 TheBest 1164
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 1085
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 988
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 966
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 929

EDIT :- They have not updated the league yet, has soon as they do I will post the correct standings.
Revised Standings , not much differance.

1st screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1645
2nd panther F1 1582
3rd eric cartman Cartman 1573
4th christy87 Langers on a mission 1548
5th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1532
6th impulse Team 3 1497
7th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1484
8th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1473
9th krits teabagggers 1449
10th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1395
11th highoncaf Enzo's Red 1352
12th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1347
13th uniquim Toyota F1 1335
14th dargonk Dargon's crew 1328
15th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1305
16th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 1269
17th leg-end Better Call Bernie 1269
18th dante dante 1204
19th thebest191 TheBest 1157
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 1080
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 981
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 959
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 922

Leg-End

He had a really good season in F3, the trend of teenage drivers getting big seats continues.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Highly touted, and makes sense for Williams to gamble on him.