F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

pauldyson1uk

OK here it is the last table of the season, did not have time to watch any of todays race.
Well done Nico on becoming WC. (SAID THOUGHT GRITTED TEETH)

1st screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1860
2nd panther F1 1779
3rd christy87 Langers on a mission 1751
4th eric cartman Cartman 1733
5th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1700
6th impulse Team 3 1692
7th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1686
8th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1636
9th krits teabagggers 1608
10th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1565
11th uniquim Toyota F1 1498
12th highoncaf Enzo's Red 1492
13th dargonk Dargon's crew 1480
14th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1477
15th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1440
16th leg-end Better Call Bernie 1381
17th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 1381
18th dante dante 1367
19th thebest191 TheBest 1269
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 1197
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 1110
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 1052
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 1017

Well Done Redfish-Alfa Redcafe Champion for 2016.

The league will be running next season, thanks for playing hope you enjoyed it.

Pscholes18

I'm not a huge Lewis fan but people and Nico complaining about the backing up....as if Nico wouldn't of done the same thing if he were in Hamiltons position.

Pscholes18

Okay season is over...onto 2017 so what rule changes will be implemented and I'm hearing the cars will be redesigned? Wider? Will any of the upcoming changes level the field a bit? Even if we could just get one more car to complete with the Mercs would make the season infinitely better.

Leg-End

Sack him then, he really didn't do anything wrong other than race for himself when the team already had the WCC.

He walks away with 2 titles and millions in both payoff and previously earnt winnings. He could go race in America for a season like Nige and come back in 2018 with his pick of a top seat.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It'd be absolutely pathetic to sack him and they shouldn't be doing anything quite frankly but I can understand them posturing and potentially giving him some kind of dressing down for ignoring instructions.

Clicking on that article though:

Lewis Hamilton is facing a suspension or even the sack by Mercedes over his Duel in the Desert rebellion.
Eurgh, feck off Sky.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There is no way in hell anything comes out from that. Mercedes are really making themselves look like idiots.

Couldn't believe they got Paddy Lowe on the phone almost crying telling Hamilton to speed up or he might lose the win.

Vettel was getting nowhere near Hamilton FFS :lol: He was driving at half pace and still had 5 cars between him and Vettel. That really pissed me off.

Rosberg did what he had to do, Hamilton did what he had to do.

pauldyson1uk

RedFish

Mercedes trying to be show Lewis who is boss? Instead, just inadvertently deflecting attention from Rosberg's WC win - Really stupid. It makes you wonder if they're trying to push Lewis out, which you'd think is impossible given that he remains the quickest driver on the grid, and their prize asset. What a shambles.

Leg-End

Until F1 becomes about getting to the end in the fastest way possible it will still be sub standard. Sort the racing out of course and get them overtaking but driving to deltas is the biggest disgrace.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Until F1 becomes about getting to the end in the fastest way possible it will still be sub standard. Sort the racing out of course and get them overtaking but driving to deltas is the biggest disgrace.
Tyre management and fuel saving *puke*

F-Red

Congrats to Rosberg, played the percentages games in the last 4 races and it played to his favour. I couldn't get my head around was that if Rosberg was quicker, why did he not just overtake Hamilton?

It was staggering to watch Hamilton manage that race though, in sectors two and three he managed to ensure Rosberg was right on his exhaust and then in sector one pull out over a second on him to ensure he didn't get within DRS range.

NotworkSte

Mercedes trying to be show Lewis who is boss? Instead, just inadvertently deflecting attention from Rosberg's WC win - Really stupid. It makes you wonder if they're trying to push Lewis out, which you'd think is impossible given that he remains the quickest driver on the grid, and their prize asset. What a shambles.
I haven't subscribed to the theory that Mercedes would want a German winner badly enough to engineer it. However given Wolff and Lauda comments and the orders passed over the radio, I genuinely believe they think their car is so superior it doesn't matter who is in it, and are playing with making a winner now for marketing. Rosberg won the title and I get that, so it's not a complaint about him winning it, regardless of the issues Hamilton contended with. Yesterday though Hamilton was clearly in contention for the title and he was expected to speed up and hand the title to Rosberg. In my opinion that is directly influencing the outcome and brings the sport into disrepute. Team orders are one thing, especially if one driver has nothing to race for. Hamilton is clearly far superior in every way to Rosberg, asking him to speed up and lose the title, is like asking Rosberg to slow down (and end up being overtaken) to hand the title to Hamilton. Hamilton was the Champion, currently the form and best driver in F1, why not manipulate it in his favour? Neither situation would be good and I couldnt imagine a team asking either driver to slow down to get overtaken to hand the title to the other driver. Yet we are expected to believe Hamilton was up to dirty tricks by implementing a totally legal racing strategy.

This season Hamilton has shown again reasons why he is far superior to Rosberg. Yesterday he manipulated that race almost perfectly and it nearly worked. Slow down enough to back the traffic up behind Rosberg but pull out the pace when needed to keep him out of DRS range. Couldn't imagine Senna or Schumacher trying anything different either. Hamilton may not be the best driver out there, Mercedes dominance starves us of some real competition between some excellent drivers to see just who is the best. But in my opinion Rosberg is not even if the top 3 of drivers out there right now. That's a shame and the reason why Mercedes position irks me so much. If you put Vettel, Ricciardo, hell even Verstappen, with the reliability Hamilton had, I think any one of them would have win the title and by a much bigger margin and a race or 2 to spare.

Rosberg is champion though and history will remember that. He drove well enough to win. Mercedes own action has opened the door to the criticism of the legitimacy of the win. it will be very interesting to see how Mercedes handle this. Hamilton is the superior driver, Rosberg is the current reigning world champion, I cannot see how they can move forward together next year. But I cannot see Hamilton wanting to go drive for a team without the best car, that would be unfair to the competition as a whole. What if Hamilton is out, do Mercedes look for another good driver?. What if that driver is also faster than Rosberg? Or do they do the unthinkable and go for a slower driver to protect their German winner? One thing I am fairly certain of, it would be unthinkable for them to dump Rosberg. Would having 2 lesser drivers in a better car be good for the team if Red Bull and/or Ferrari had a surge forward and challenged Mercedes for constructor next year? Oh the permutations. Crazy to think so much intrigue around a sport that now offers us to little on the track...

Catty side note, Rosberg winning with less wins is like Trump winning the electoral college while losing popular vote!

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I really don't get why there are complaints over how Hamilton backed up the race. If he had simply pushed forward and let Rosberg have an easy second place, I would have been more surprised and disappointing. From a viewers point of view it made the race end interesting at the very least. Rosberg could have potentially overtaken him, or lost positions. I wanted to watch two drivers try and manipulate the race strategy to win the championship, not a procession with only a single winner possible.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
I'm not a huge Lewis fan but people and Nico complaining about the backing up....as if Nico wouldn't of done the same thing if he were in Hamiltons position.
Rosberg obeyed teamorders in Monaco to let Hamilton pass. Than it was already clear that either one of them would win the title. I wouldn't mind Hamilton's slowing down and ignoring team orders, if Mercedes had them both fight their battle the whole season. It's quite obvious Mercedes prefer Hamilton to win it, one can see it in their smiles, hear it in their voices, deduct it from their judgement of crashes, errors and behaviour and it's of course because Rosberg won't sell any extra Mercedes in Germany, Finland or Monaco, while Hamilton is very good for Mercedes' boring image in the US and the UK.

Hamilton as one the greats would help that even more of course, and a 4th world title helps to portray him like that. He isn't of course, he isn't even the greatest of his generation. He's a slightly better qualifier than Rosberg and better in the rain, but he makes a lot of mistakes, has off-days and off-weekends, isn't very hard working and not that much into the technical stuff of his car and is a poor starter. That's part of racing too, and alltough agressive to the point the stewards should have penelized him more, he's not a very good overtaker. Usually he has one move on the inside per lap after the straight, and if that doesn't work despite DRS and Mercedes power he's on the radio saying overtaking is impossible.

Hamilton's unlucky moments this season outweigh his lucky moments this season. But in the seasons he beat Rosberg that was often the other way around. Rosberg certainly deserves this title and Hamilton certainly didn't deserve a 4th. He has had excellent cars from excellent teams in all of the years he competed, and was beaten by both Button and Rosber, had only Kovalainen and Massa to beat for a (lucky) first title, and had 3 years in a far superior car which left him with only Rosberg to beat. He's a good driver and one of the best few drivers at any point in his career, but without the chauvinistic spin from Sky or the BBC or whoever, that's about it.

NotworkSte

Rosberg obeyed teamorders in Monaco to let Hamilton pass. Than it was already clear that either one of them would win the title. I wouldn't mind Hamilton's slowing down and ignoring team orders, if Mercedes had them both fight their battle the whole season. It's quite obvious Mercedes prefer Hamilton to win it, one can see it in their smiles, hear it in their voices, deduct it from their judgement of crashes, errors and behaviour and it's of course because Rosberg won't sell any extra Mercedes in Germany, Finland or Monaco, while Hamilton is very good for Mercedes' boring image in the US and the UK.

Hamilton as one the greats would help that even more of course, and a 4th world title helps to portray him like that. He isn't of course, he isn't even the greatest of his generation. He's a slightly better qualifier than Rosberg and better in the rain, but he makes a lot of mistakes, has off-days and off-weekends, isn't very hard working and not that much into the technical stuff of his car and is a poor starter. That's part of racing too, and alltough agressive to the point the stewards should have penelized him more, he's not a very good overtaker. Usually he has one move on the inside per lap after the straight, and if that doesn't work despite DRS and Mercedes power he's on the radio saying overtaking is impossible.

Hamilton's unlucky moments this season outweigh his lucky moments this season. But in the seasons he beat Rosberg that was often the other way around. Rosberg certainly deserves this title and Hamilton certainly didn't deserve a 4th. He has had excellent cars from excellent teams in all of the years he competed, and was beaten by both Button and Rosber, had only Kovalainen and Massa to beat for a (lucky) first title, and had 3 years in a far superior car which left him with only Rosberg to beat. He's a good driver and one of the best few drivers at any point in his career, but without the chauvinistic spin from Sky or the BBC or whoever, that's about it.
Rosberg is an awful driver in the wet. Even he admitted his pace was painful, it wasn't a racing tactic and an arguement could be made there for team orders though I would have preferred none). One of the reasons why his victory is so underwhelming. Rosberg deserved it because he accrued the most points. But he didn't win the most races and when it rained he was pretty mediocre.
I know I sound like a broken record, but most Champions you can point to them and say "yeah, no one else could have done that..." but with Rosberg, if you slid Vettel in that seat, yes he could have. Nothing about Rosberg victory was down to something only Rosberg could do.

RedFish

Rosberg is an awful driver in the wet. Even he admitted his pace was painful, it wasn't a racing tactic and an arguement could be made there for team orders though I would have preferred none). One of the reasons why his victory is so underwhelming. Rosberg deserved it because he accrued the most points. But he didn't win the most races and when it rained he was pretty mediocre.
I know I sound like a broken record, but most Champions you can point to them and say "yeah, no one else could have done that..." but with Rosberg, if you slid Vettel in that seat, yes he could have. Nothing about Rosberg victory was down to something only Rosberg could do.
Yeah, Rosberg had no choice in Monaco, because Ricciardo was pulling away and Rosberg just doesn't have the pace in the wet. Tbh, as far as driving in the wet is concerned, I'm surprised that Rosberg drove as well as he did at Interlagos. If that race didn't put a massive spanner in the works for his title hopes, then I dare say he more than deserves the WC.

In an ideal world, yes, you would prefer the world champion to be special, to stand out and although I think Rosberg has been largely unspectacular - he has driven some absolutely impeccable races from the front this year which have been Hamilton-esque.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Rosberg in general isn't awful in the wet, he's not great but at Monaco he was exceptionally slow. But the wet is just one skill a driver can have, just like qualifying laps. It's not like Alesi was a better driver and a greater champion than Hakkinen, if it was just about the wet Schumacher would have been a 18 times world champion. It's not about winning most races either, the WC is about points. The team order at Monaco was a potential WC decider and I believe that if a team is that superior, should not give it and sacrifice a victory to keep the battle for the WC fair.

It makes no sense to make up all kind of criteria that makes a WC deserved or not, I'm not saying that all titles are equally deserved, but if I listen to Sky or the BBC I get the feeling that there always must be invented a lot of 'buts' when a German wins it.

True, but that's the same with all of Hamilton's WC's, allthough not getting punished for very aggressive driving and crashing into others seems to be an unique quality of him.