F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Merc really gonna punish Lewis - Hamilton did everything he possibly could within reason to win the world championship. Crazy.
Exactly. Everyone should just come out and say that it was completely normal. Hamilton was doing what he could to win the drivers championship - the team really shouldn't mind which one wins (of course am sure a German winner isn't a problem for them)

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Engine failures and reliabality are an inevitable part of Formula 1, no driver can do anything about that. All they can do is perform as best as they can when the car is running. Hamilton had a period in the middle part of the season where his starts were really bad. If he didn't make those mistakes he would be championship winner
True. Or if he didn't have the multiple failures is true. Simple as that.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Hill and Villeneuve weren't team mates when Jacques won his so it doesn't count.

Flames73

It is funny. I used to think Nico was a driver to watch when he was at Williams. I used to dislike Lewis. I used to hate Alonso and Vettel. Now I dislike Nico, wanted Lewis to win the championship, appreciate Alonso and also feel bad for him, and well dunno about Vettel.

Lets hope for a better season with at least the Mercs, Ferrari, and Red Bull all close to each other. So many 1-2, 3-4, 5-6. Only bright spot is Max.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well done Rosberg.

Don't get why so many Hamilton fans whine about Merc? They gave him a car so dominant he had a better than 50/50 chance of winning the title 3 years in a row.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
It is funny. I used to think Nico was a driver to watch when he was at Williams. I used to dislike Lewis. I used to hate Alonso and Vettel. Now I dislike Nico, wanted Lewis to win the championship, appreciate Alonso and also feel bad for him, and well dunno about Vettel.

Lets hope for a better season with at least the Mercs, Ferrari, and Red Bull all close to each other. So many 1-2, 3-4, 5-6. Only bright spot is Max.
I used to hate Alonso now I feel bad for him and hope he wins another title. I still enjoy watching Vettel lose after what he did to Weber.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Well done Rosberg.

Don't get why so many Hamilton fans whine about Merc? They gave him a car so dominant he had a better than 50/50 chance of winning the title 3 years in a row.
I think the Merc team play both drivers and frequently say things they want to hear. At the end of the day, if you aren't a little bastard like Hamilton was today you typically don't have the drive to dominate.

Rooney1987

Toto after race "Lewis Hamilton listened to Christian Horner's instructions instead of mine. Maybe he wants to race for Red Bull."

Also "Lewis could have driven off and proved he was the best. But he chose another option" to paraphrase him

Petty from Toto, Lewis was fighting for the title. Merc had is all won. Can't see Lewis racing for Merc next year. That relationship is broken.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Toto after race "Lewis Hamilton listened to Christian Horner's instructions instead of mine. Maybe he wants to race for Red Bull."

Also "Lewis could have driven off and proved he was the best. But he chose another option" to paraphrase him

Petty from Toto, Lewis was fighting for the title. Merc had is all won. Can't see Lewis racing for Merc next year. That relationship is broken.
Scrub my last post :eek:

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Well done Rosberg.

They didn't give him a reliable car.

Leg-End

Toto/Lauda have to tow the company line, I'm not shocked they dislike what Hamilton tried.

Rooney1987

Thought Lewis was very gracious in defeat at the end. First driver to congratulate Nico with hugs/handshakes, don't know what people want him to do.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Toto/Lauda have to tow the company line, I'm not shocked they dislike what Hamilton tried.
They finished 1-2, if Rosberg was quicker just overtake him, Hamilton had nothing to gain from a crash which would damage his car as well. I suspect Hamilton privately agreed to not do what he did and then reneged in the race.

EDIT:
Merc have already bored everyone to death the last 3 years and for them to meddle in a battle that has no negative impact on the team standing is bad form IMO.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Don't think there was anything wrong with what Hamilton was doing, but can fully understand the teams viewpoint.
They would not be happy had Hamilton's actions lost points to their rivals.
Sometimes I think people forget that the car plays a huge part in the success.
Anyway well done Rosberg, great move on Verstappen and held his nerve in the final races. He did what he had to do.
Deserved World Champion.

Giggsy92

Interesting that someone from Mercedes leaked to Sky that Hamilton wanted to leave the team after Spain.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Interesting that someone from Mercedes leaked to Sky that Hamilton wanted to leave the team after Spain.
30 seconds in, basically confirmed by Brundle and the man himself.

RedFish

I honestly think Lewis should leave Mercedes. Why the feck couldn't they just let them fight it out which ever way given the constructors was already won and there was a WC on the line. Take nothing away from Nico though, he got the job done.

The Hilton

Hamilton is twice the driver Rosberg is, such an underwhelming Champion. Wouldn't be so bad if it was down to game raising, in fact that would make a pretty good story, but instead he gets it by default because Hamilton seemingly annoyed a gypsy somewhere and got himself cursed.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Shame Hamilton or at least his engines lost the title....don't see anything wrong with him backing up Rosberg. Legal and his only option. 2017 will be quite a fight and, on a level playing field without Rosberg driving into him and the engines failing, Lewis will win again.