F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Giggsy92

Ric/Ves could split the Mercs, Hamilton's having an off weekend. Going to be interesting with both of them starting on the supersofts tomorrow too.

Giggsy92

His only hope for tomorrow is the Mercedes pole sitter curse striking again, otherwise with Rosberg's pace and Red Bull's strategy he's looking at an 11 point deficit in the championship.

Sigma

Have half and half screen of this and the football.

Heavy first crash

Giggsy92

It's come alive a bit towards the end, comfortable win for Rosberg though.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Around 2 seconds per lap, six laps to go...will be tight. EDIT: Looks like he'll catch him at 59/61 lap.

EDIT2: Nico sped up. Or Ricciardo slowed. 5 seconds in three laps now.

Last edited:

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
13 posts on race day. Says it all about the state of F1 at the moment.
I thought it was a good race. It was close for the victory, a reminder that F1 is about who completes the full distance first, no easy passes, the ones who did pass others had to work hard for it and be smart about it, nice fights over more rounds, interesting differences in strategies. Enjoyed it.

There is this idea that F1 should be full of passes all the time and that it is exciting if a Mercedes engine helped with DRS just powers past another car and in those fantastic 80's and 90's there was close racing action throughout the whole race everywhere. Nonsense, that F1 has never existed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I thought it was a good race. It was close for the victory, a reminder that F1 is about who completes the full distance first, no easy passes, the ones who did pass others had to work hard for it and be smart about it, nice fights over more rounds, interesting differences in strategies. Enjoyed it.

There is this idea that F1 should be full of passes all the time and that it is exciting if a Mercedes engine helped with DRS just powers past another car and in those fantastic 80's and 90's there was close racing action throughout the whole race everywhere. Nonsense, that F1 has never existed.
I didn't watch, I can't remember the last time I did. It's been boring for ages.

Dan

At least the title race is close, will be a must watch if it comes down to the final race of the season.

gormless

At least the title race is close, will be a must watch if it comes down to the final race of the season.
It needs to be 7 point or less though. Any more and it's a foregone conclusion almost. Merc 1-2 seems almost certain. Want them racing for the win and not reliant on a red bull having another miracle

Mark_GrumpyLion

I agree, I enjoyed this race too. The different setting also helped, it looked phenomenal out there.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Any fight between the two mercs is usually resolved by the end of the first corner.

Giggsy92

Think Rosberg might have the title wrapped up by the time they get to Abu Dhabi, although you'd hope the reliability factor would even itself out at some stage.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I really enjoyed that race. Some great battles. The track looked amazing also, I would love to go to it some year.

Fair play to Rosberg for getting the title lead back

Standings after Race 15

pauldyson1uk

Here is the table after Race 15.

Good week for Redfish-Alfa , increased his lead to 21 points over Cartman who leapfrogged F1 into second place.
4th and 5th stay the same, Wicked_badgers with a slim 5 point advantage.
Me and MANSELLS MOUSTACHE swap places and I get a 10 point advantage.

Team of the race is Redfish-Alfa for the 21 point advantage at the top of the league.

Next Race is Malaysia 2nd October with an early start green light is at 8am.

1st screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1229
2nd eric cartman Cartman 1208
3rd panther F1 1203
4th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1175
5th christy87 Langers on a mission 1168
6th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1144
7th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1134
8th impulse Team 3 1117
9th krits teabagggers 1114
10th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1100
11th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1051
12th dargonk Dargon's crew 1047
13th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1033
14th highoncaf Enzo's Red 1032
15th uniquim Toyota F1 1027
16th leg-end Better Call Bernie 991
17th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 991
18th dante dante 958
19th thebest191 TheBest 904
20th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 855
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 788
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 771
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 746

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

If anybody is still watching ?

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has released a provisional F1 calendar for next season following a meeting of its World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in Paris on Wednesday, which also saw a number of other rule changes agreed for 2017.
Provisional calendar

26 March – Australia (Melbourne)
9 April – China (Shanghai)
16 April – Bahrain (Bahrain)
30 April – Russia (Sochi)
14 May – Spain (Barcelona)
28 May – Monaco (Monte Carlo)
11 June – Canada (Montreal)*
18 June – Azerbaijan (Baku)
2 July – Austria (Spielberg)
9 July – United Kingdom (Silverstone)
23 July – Hungary (Budapest)
30 July – Germany (Hockenheim)*
27 August – Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
3 September – Italy (Monza)
17 September – Malaysia (Sepang)
1 October - Singapore (Singapore)
8 October – Japan (Suzuka)
22 October – USA (Austin)
5 November – Mexico (Mexico City)
12 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo)*
26 November – United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi)

*Subject to confirmation
And a few rule changes

Wet-weather standing starts

A new procedure regarding wet weather starts was accepted. From 2017, if a safety car is deemed to be required for the beginning of a race due to wet weather, a normal standing start will occur once the track is deemed safe to race. The process will see the safety car return to the pit lane and the cars assemble on the grid for the start.

Helmet livery rules eased

Drivers must continue to present their helmets in substantially the same livery at every event of the FIA Formula One World Championship for easy recognition of the driver in the car, however a driver will now be allowed one event (such as a home race) for a special livery (at the driver’s choice). Drivers will also be allowed to change their helmet liveries if changing teams during the season.

No more stockpiling power units

During any single event, if a driver introduces more than one of a power unit element that is subject to penalty, only the last element fitted may be used at subsequent events without further penalty. This is to prevent the stockpiling of spare power unit elements.

Fixed early-season tyre allocations

For the first five events of the 2017 Championship season only, the normal team selection procedure for tyres will not be used as the deadline occurs before pre-season testing. For these events the supplier will allocate two sets of the hardest compound specification, four sets of the medium compound specification and seven sets of the softest compound specification to each driver.

The WMSC also confirmed changes to Appendices 6 and 8 of the 2017 F1 Sporting Regulations which clarify outsourcing arrangements and conduct permitted regarding Listed Parts, Non-Listed Parts, wind tunnel testing and personnel transfer between teams engaged in a working or developmental relationship.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Efficient qualifying front Lewis there. Pressure got to Nico on the final section of his flying lap in Q3, although I'm not sure he would have taken P1 from Lewis anyway.