F1 2017 Season

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
4 times World Champion, Lewis no contest.
AJ spear headed British boxings rejuvenation, and beat one of boxings all time greats, Unifying three championships in the process (the first to do that in his weight division in years).

No other Brit has ever done what Hamilton has done.

Its very close, not clear cut for either of them.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My boy Lewis - 4 time world champion. Unbelievable achievement, I'm proud of the lad.

That was tense though!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Verstappen gonna be a handful next season for everyone!

F-Red

He should, I'd even say he should win it but you know what SPOTY is like. Popularity of the sport and sportsperson come in to it. I can see Joshua winning it.
I agree with you, Froome has done things this year which won't be repeated for another 20-30 years if the previous records was anything to go by.

Leg-End

Get in there Lewis!

Vettel has had a very scrappy season, over-aggression has cost him so many points. All in all a good title battle, if Red Bull improve again and the McLaren is as good as Alonso says I reckon next year could be a 3 way team battle with perhaps McLaren nosing in there too.

rednotled

Congrats to Lewis, not the best way to win it but he's driven fantastically well this season and thoroughly deserves the championship.

But my oh my, if only Alonso/Mclaren had an engine - they would rattle some cages!

Vettel paid heavily for his aggression on the first few corners, but I guess he had no choice at that point so fair enough.

Looking forward to next year, I've a feeling it will be closer than this one as the teams seem to be converging on a performance high point and (I'm hoping) Mclaren will wade in.

Impulse

I think that result could change our Fantasy League a bit.
I scored well again, I think I should have just enough to hold onto top spot for now. Very close at the top, mind. We'll certainly be having a better end to the season than the actual title race.

Member 90887

Apparently he's still bitter about last year. Couldn't stop taking shots at Nico during the year and did so again today. Very unsportsmanlike. Even more so when Nico made a video congratulating him.

"Obviously each year I could do the easy thing which is stop & retreat like Nico did with these 4 titles, but I think there is more in me."
Lewis Hamilton
Sky obviously won't cover it because it wouldn't fit their agenda of Lewis is a Saint when he can be one of the biggest as****** in F1.

Member 90887

Vettel self destruct on the opening lap. Did he go into the back of two cars?
Contact with Vers, front wing damaged, understeer + Hamilton braking a little because of contact with Vers - - > contact between Vettel and Hamilton.

Fantasy League after Mexico

pauldyson1uk

Not a result most were expecting and the table has chaged a bit.
Team 3 keeps his lead and takes an 11 point lead, Toyoda gains couple of places and so do I , with Wicked_badgers dropping from 2nd to 5th.

Teams of the week.

1st Evan GP 113 points
2nd hp88 103 points
3rd Elbow Licking at 200MPH 100 points

Well Done , nice to see some of the lower teams doing well.

1st impulse Team 3 1689
2nd venkman Toyoda 1678
3rd pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1675
4th eric cartman Cartman 1670
5th saforrest Wicked_badgers 1647
6th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 1634
7th the taurean TT_Caf 1625
8th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1535
9th balljy RedShift 1526
10th evan7788 Evan GP 1468
11th hp88 hp88 1450
12th dargonk Dargon's crew 1441
13th dpansheth Rock 1426
14th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1423
15th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1402
16th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1371
17th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1356
18th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 1338
19th christy87 Langers on a mission 1320
20th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 1278

Next race is Brazil 12th November lights out at 16:00 (uk time)
Looking like it is Team 3's to lose , 11 points with 2 races left is a big advantage.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Apparently he's still bitter about last year. Couldn't stop taking shots at Nico during the year and did so again today. Very unsportsmanlike. Even more so when Nico made a video congratulating him.

Sky obviously won't cover it because it wouldn't fit their agenda of Lewis is a Saint when he can be one of the biggest as****** in F1.
They did.

pauldyson1uk

They did and the Facebook F1 feed is about to explode.
I am a huge Lewis fan , please that he has won , for me one of the greatest F1 drivers I have seen, but I also agree he can be one of the biggest as********in F1

Giggsy92

Very impressive season from Lewis, been great to see him cementing his place among the all-time greats. Not sure how many more championships he's got in him... Verstappen and Red Bull could be the ones to beat next year, especially if Merc switch to a low rake setup as expected, and I don't think his next contract will take him past 2020 (if he even signs one). Would be sweet if he could match Fangio though.

Member 90887

They did.
I don't mean report it, as the quote is from the sky twitter feed....

I mean cover it as in talk about it and discuss it at length like they do for every other thing not Lewis or Palmer related.

Member 90887

They did and the Facebook F1 feed is about to explode.
I am a huge Lewis fan , please that he has won , for me one of the greatest F1 drivers I have seen, but I also agree he can be one of the biggest as********in F1
I meant cover it and talk about it at length, not just report it.

Rooney1987

I don't mean report it, as the quote is from the sky twitter feed....

I mean cover it as in talk about it and discuss it at length like they do for every other thing not Lewis or Palmer related.
Discuss at length why? Max’s win and Lewis 4th title might have been more important. Plus it was clearly at the end of the broadcast.

spwd

Trying to change things up in the fantasy league I took a gamble and put in Ric instead of Ver. Could do with a dnf for Ver otherwise I'm toast!
Oops.

Hamilton and Vettel brake their cars. fecking Verstappen!
He didn’t do anything wrong ffs :lol:

Verstappen is awful
See above you lunatic :houllier:

FFS Max did nothing wrong.
Goid to see some sense at last.

Another lucky title to add to the collection.
Really :lol::lol:

Credit goes to the bike.
Feck me i hope i see white txt.

Vettel self destruct on the opening lap. Did he go into the back of two cars?
Yes.

Krits

Congratulations Hamilton. I missed the start of the race so when I saw Hamilton P19 I was like YES! Then saw Vettel P15 and I knew the fight was over. Great comeback by vettel still.

Pretty good fight this year by vettel but 2 races ended his championship, the margins are fine.

Next year is going to be interesting. If that red bull has a decent engine in it I’d expect max and ricciardo to also be up there.

Hamilton 4 times champion, amazing achievement. He is catching schumi fast which pains me to see. Great driver. To me Alonso is still the best driver on that starting grid. But Hamilton is definitely up there with him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Lewis to get a knighthood after this?

You win Tour de France once and you can get one but four-time F1 world champ and no recognition?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Christ he's a bellend. Can't even win well.

Abizzz

Pfff. He's a champion, champions only really rarely come without some sort of edge. All of Schumacher, Alonso and Vettel have had their 'unsportsmanlike' moments, it's part of what drives them to be the best.

Very happy for Lewis and Mercedes.

DanClancy

What are the viewing figures like for F1 like in the UK? I don't know anyone who has any interest in the sport.

I find Hamilton very difficult to like, comes across very cold and lacks any sort of charisma.