F1 2017 Season

pauldyson1uk

It might have been a lights out to flag win , but Lewis had to work for it , he controlled the race very well , got a good restart after the SC, Seb apart from that one chance after the restart has not been able to challenge.

Fantasy update

pauldyson1uk

From the owner of the Fantasy Web Site.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be without internet access around the time of the Belgian Grand Prix. Due to this the results for the race will be delayed, possibly until Friday. Apologies for the inconvenience.

As we have back-to-back races I will therefore open transfers BEFORE the scores have updated after the Belgian Grand Prix so you have time to make changes for the Italian Grand Prix. For this race only driver values will not change and teams will not receive extra cash.

Pscholes18

Mercedes just have a superior machine.....Vettel should of been able to challenge on those US.

FFS Perez...what bellend.

Last edited:

BIGbadBOO4

Mercedes just have a superior machine.....Vettel should of been able to challenge on those US.

FFS Perez...what bellend.
Think it's more to do with regulations where top cars cannot actually overtake each other due to turbulence. Didn't Vettel have a knackered car in last race and Kimi could not overtake and Hamilton could not get close to Kimi.

gormless

Think it's more to do with regulations where top cars cannot actually overtake each other due to turbulence. Didn't Vettel have a knackered car in last race and Kimi could not overtake and Hamilton could not get close to Kimi.
No, Kimi intentionally slowed down to stay in front of Hamilton and let Vettel win. It was actually good driving and teamwork by Kimi

Wicked_Badger

Good, tense race. Top driving from Seb & Lewis. Was very impressed with Lewis' tactics in the restart to let Seb close up earlier through Eau Rouge to force him out of the slipstream earlier. That Merc engine is mighty too.

Force India being stupid. They need to sort that out. Felt sorry for Palmer too, guy can't get a break.

Rest of the season is going to be great. Have a feeling that Seb will just do enough - that Ferrari is great in higher down force tracks and can just about keep up in the power circuits too. Hamilton needs full points next weekend or I think it'll start to slip away from him slowly.

Wicked_Badger

Does someone here have a sense of races left for downforce (e.g. Singapore) vs power (e.g. Monza)? What are we looking at?
I'd rate them as follows (feel free to disagree!):

13 Italian Grand Prix - Power
14 Singapore Grand Prix - Downforce
15 Malaysian Grand Prix - Power
16 Japanese Grand Prix - Downforce
17 United States Grand Prix - Power
18 Mexican Grand Prix - Downforce
19 Brazilian Grand Prix - Downforce
20 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Power

All the varying degrees. The last 4 are really hard to categorise as they're really a proper mix of both. I'd expect the Mercs to do better in USA & Abu Dhabi with a couple of really long straights whilst Brazil & Mexico are generally a little tighter through the middle sectors requiring.

Reliability may well be the key factor. A DNF for either Seb or Lewis could decide the title.

pauldyson1uk

Fernando Alonso has given his clearest indication yet he will leave McLaren at the end of the season unless they drop Honda.

McLaren, for whom only Renault appear to be a viable option for a fresh power supply next year, will make a decision on their engine suppliers in the next month.

But the decision now also appears to be inextricably linked to the future of their star driver with Alonso's confidence in Honda after three years of frustration seemingly extinguished.

Asked after the Belgian GP if he would leave McLaren if the team renew vows with Honda, Alonso replied: "We will see what happens in the next couple of weekends. McLaren is always one of the best teams in the world and I would be happy to keep working with them but we need to see how things evolve in the next couple of weeks."

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I'd rate them as follows (feel free to disagree!):

13 Italian Grand Prix - Power
14 Singapore Grand Prix - Downforce
15 Malaysian Grand Prix - Power
16 Japanese Grand Prix - Downforce
17 United States Grand Prix - Power
18 Mexican Grand Prix - Downforce
19 Brazilian Grand Prix - Downforce
20 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Power

All the varying degrees. The last 4 are really hard to categorise as they're really a proper mix of both. I'd expect the Mercs to do better in USA & Abu Dhabi with a couple of really long straights whilst Brazil & Mexico are generally a little tighter through the middle sectors requiring.

Reliability may well be the key factor. A DNF for either Seb or Lewis could decide the title.
Looks even as you say and I certainly agree on the dnf. Would be surprised to see both go all season without a dnf.

Fantasy Leauge after Race 12

pauldyson1uk

A bit late, but here it is.

Wicked_badgers takes over top spot again, with a very slim 2 point lead.
TT_Caf drops a couple and Toyoda gains 1 place, pretty much the only movements.

Teams of the Race

1st Toyoda 111
Joint 2nd Wicked_badgers , Hamilton Academical , Redfish-Alfa all with 107

1st saforrest Wicked_badgers 1126
2nd venkman Toyoda 1124
3rd the taurean TT_Caf 1113
4th impulse Team 3 1107
5th eric cartman Cartman 1105
6th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1095
7th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 1087
8th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1036
9th balljy RedShift 1002
10th hp88 hp88 987
11th evan7788 Evan GP 965
12th dpansheth Rock 937
13th christy87 Langers on a mission 931
14th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 928
15th giggsy92 TeamRocket 928
16th dargonk Dargon's crew 922
17th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 921
18th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 859
19th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 855
20th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 807

Next race its the Italian GP Sunday.
Good Luck.

Wicked_Badger

Heading off to Monza shortly. Should catch a bit of FP1, some support practices and all of FP2.

Went to do the grid walk yesterday which was pretty cool. Absolutely rammed though :wenger: saw Sainz & Alonso which was awesome!

Great atmosphere around the track. Thunderstorms this morning and heavy downpours which could make it interesting. Very much Intermediate weather at the moment, but very warm still so the track could dry quickly.

I can post some photos later if anyone is interested? Won't get the best ones off my DSLR until I get home, but will take a couple of phone ones!

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

Heading off to Monza shortly. Should catch a bit of FP1, some support practices and all of FP2.

Went to do the grid walk yesterday which was pretty cool. Absolutely rammed though :wenger: saw Sainz & Alonso which was awesome!

Great atmosphere around the track. Thunderstorms this morning and heavy downpours which could make it interesting. Very much Intermediate weather at the moment, but very warm still so the track could dry quickly.

I can post some photos later if anyone is interested? Won't get the best ones off my DSLR until I get home, but will take a phone phone ones!
I am I jealous , damn right I am , yeah post pics.
Enjoy.

RedFish

I can post some photos later if anyone is interested? Won't get the best ones off my DSLR until I get home, but will take a couple of phone ones!

The podium celebrations with the huge crowd and Italian flags is just spectacular. My favourite podium of the calendar. Enjoy!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

So envious! Enjoy yourself mate! :)

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Red flag due to aquaplaning to Grosjean. Lewis and Seb did well to get off with 1st and 2nd so far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not gonna start anytime soon. Still raining strong here(i live like 10-15 km away from the track)