F1 2017 Season

Wicked_Badger

Certainly makes a change from the mile long runoffs you get at most tracks nowadays.
Totally. Make an error, you’re in the armco (Grosjean).

Out all day tomorrow, won’t get a chance to see it until around 10pm. Have a feeling this could be the one we see Vettel & Hamilton battle it out on track, which would be great.

Surprised to see the Palmer news today too. I thought that he’d ride it out until the break.

Interestingly heard that Renault have been focussing on an engine qualifying/master mode (a la Mercedes) for next year as priority. If they can figure that out it’d be great for the mix up. We might have Merc, Ferrari, Red Bull & McLaren fighting for pole next year

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Was just checking F1 all time records and noticed Hamilton's 60th win put him at a higher win rate than the legendary Schumacher. Hated Schumacher at the time but what an incredible driver and hope he's at peace, at least. Anyhow, Hamilton is 31 wins behind. Hamilton can certainly beat that but he'll need at least one more lucky choice after the Merc reign ends. Will he do it?

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Totally. Make an error, you’re in the armco (Grosjean).

Out all day tomorrow, won’t get a chance to see it until around 10pm. Have a feeling this could be the one we see Vettel & Hamilton battle it out on track, which would be great.

Surprised to see the Palmer news today too. I thought that he’d ride it out until the break.

Interestingly heard that Renault have been focussing on an engine qualifying/master mode (a la Mercedes) for next year as priority. If they can figure that out it’d be great for the mix up. We might have Merc, Ferrari, Red Bull & McLaren fighting for pole next year
What are the chances that Honda come good for red bull? Seems Renault have come along well, McLaren will be pleased!

muller

Dammit, Vettel has to retire.

By dammit, I mean I was enjoying watching so many overtake the arrogant twat.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Talk of Vettel coming back out. Apparently he’s still sat in the car in the garage while they fix the “spark plug” issue.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
:lol: Image Vettel finishing 4th and Ferrari 3rd. Pathetic bunch of twats. Vettel should leave at the end of the season. Never seen such a collapse.

Was just checking F1 all time records and noticed Hamilton's 60th win put him at a higher win rate than the legendary Schumacher. Hated Schumacher at the time but what an incredible driver and hope he's at peace, at least. Anyhow, Hamilton is 31 wins behind. Hamilton can certainly beat that but he'll need at least one more lucky choice after the Merc reign ends. Will he do it?
Hamilton is like Schumacher in that he has helped turn the car into a winner, rather than just turn up when the job is already done. It's an underestimated talent.

gormless

Hamilton is like Schumacher in that he has helped turn the car into a winner, rather than just turn up when the job is already done. It's an underestimated talent.
I'm gonna disagree there. It was widely known that Mercedes would be extremely competitive when the new regs came in due to being able to tailor their car to the engine, whereas Red Bull who were dominating at the time were a customer team, whilst Ferrari were still coming out the end of their "our wind tunnel is shit, please bring back track testing" years.
It's very different to Schumacher

Leg-End

Hamilton is a great driver, legendary but he ain’t no team builder like Schumacher was. Pretty sure Lewis would be fast in a soap box racer, extreme talent for extracting the best out of any car and he gives his team a baseline of performance and delivers, that’s why his nickname is the terminator. I just don’t think dominance should automatically mean Schumacher levels of team building praise, that stuff was unmatched.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Hamilton is a great driver, legendary but he ain’t no team builder like Schumacher was. Pretty sure Lewis would be fast in a soap box racer, extreme talent for extracting the best out of any car and he gives his team a baseline of performance and delivers, that’s why his nickname is the terminator. I just don’t think dominance should automatically mean Schumacher levels of team building praise, that stuff was unmatched.
Unlimited testing, spec tyres and a designated no.2 driver are pretty helpful in building a team around yourself. I think it's impossible for any driver now to have that level of influence on a car.

The common thread between Hamilton and Schumacher's immense success is Ross Brawn.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Couldn't be bothered to get up for this.
Can someone please tell me we'll at least get a car that matches the Mercs next season.
Can't remember the last time there was a genuine title race between two manufacturers.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Couldn't be bothered to get up for this.
Can someone please tell me we'll at least get a car that matches the Mercs next season.
Can't remember the last time there was a genuine title race between two manufacturers.
Nah, been a one team sport for years :lol:
I do sometimes wonder why F1 these days is as popular and money orientated as it is.
Like, Toca touring (if thats what its called these days) is an all action sport, yet it's following is so minute compared to F1

Kazi

Just saw Hamilton won and Vettel retired so came in this thread to see someone’s posts.

Fantasy Leauge after Race 16

pauldyson1uk

Not change in the top 4 , a few changes below.
TT_Caf drops 2 places to 7th , with Toyoda and myself both gaining a place each.

Teams of the Week

1st MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 98 points
2nd GrumpyLions 93 points
3rd FC Ronaldo 90 points

Nice to see the lower teams getting top teams this race, I think Vettels DNF hurt a few , I know it did me.

1st impulse Team 3 1493
2nd eric cartman Cartman 1484
3rd saforrest Wicked_badgers 1474
4th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 1467
5th venkman Toyoda 1465
6th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1464
7th the taurean TT_Caf 1457
8th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1377
9th balljy RedShift 1327
10th hp88 hp88 1278
11th dargonk Dargon's crew 1268
12th evan7788 Evan GP 1263
13th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1255
14th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1254
15th dpansheth Rock 1242
16th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 1204
17th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1178
18th christy87 Langers on a mission 1171
19th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 1155
20th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 1112

4 races left and Team 3 looks to be in pole with a 9 point lead over 2nd and a 19 point lead over 3rd , just like Hamilton , its his to lose, I think.

Next race is Austin 22nd October , lights out at 20:00, so make you choice F1 or X Factor :lol: