F1 2017 Season

hobbers

Always nice to see Ferrari feck everything up for themselves.

Probably about time Vettel got a race ban, such a cnut. And they have the audacity to blame Max on twitter :lol:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's always Verstappen, isn't it. His brain really is completely empty, he never thinks of consequences. Wish he will get a fat, fat ban someday before he kills someone.
He should aspire to be more like Vettel shouldn't he. Only ram into at low speeds and all that...

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe Vettel didn't behave well, but Schumi did the same and look at Bottas in Barcellona. Race incident.

Wicked_Badger

Shame about the start, if they'd all made it through it could have been an epic race.

Own goal by Ferrari. Not all lost yet in the drivers Championship though, I'd be surprised if Hamilton made it through the season without a DNF.

I don't like him, but Max has had an extremely unlucky season.

pauldyson1uk

watching the replay of the mess at the start.
There was nothing lucky about the way Lewis got thought, it was very good driving, nearly got took out by Seb, he then held back and went to the other side of the track.
Has for blame, not sure if any can be blamed.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Great result for Lewis. Good to see Vettel suffer from his own aggression.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Shame about the start, if they'd all made it through it could have been an epic race.

Own goal by Ferrari. Not all lost yet in the drivers Championship though, I'd be surprised if Hamilton made it through the season without a DNF.

I don't like him, but Max has had an extremely unlucky season.
It's not unlucky, just a result of his "style".
Others would say, his idiocy. If he continues to drive this way, he will kill someone some day.

Wicked_Badger

It's not unlucky, just a result of his "style".
Others would say, his idiocy. If he continues to drive this way, he will kill someone some day.
I agree with his style, I don't like it either and think he can and has been dangerous.

However, he's been unlucky with reliability this year and today wasn't his fault either. So in that regards, he's been unfortunate.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I agree with his style, I don't like it either and think he can and has been dangerous.

However, he's been unlucky with reliability this year and today wasn't his fault either. So in that regards, he's been unfortunate.
It wasn't 100% his fault, but he wasn't innocent either. It was just another poor decision by him because he just can't give an inch even if it would benefit him to do so. He's grossly overestimated, if he doesn't get an extremely dominant car in qualifying one day he will get nowhere in F1. He will always kill his car 5 to 6 times a season.

Wicked_Badger

It wasn't 100% his fault, but he wasn't innocent either. It was just another poor decision by him because he just can't give an inch even if it would benefit him to do so. He's grossly overestimated, if he doesn't get an extremely dominant car in qualifying one day he will get nowhere in F1. He will always kill his car 5 to 6 times a season.
How will he kill his car 5/6 times a season? By crashing or are you insinuating he's got something to do with the reliability?

I think he's slightly overrated. He does some magical things but is guilty of making bad decisions from time to time. I hate his moving under breaking manoeuvre he pulls out from time to time. But he's extremely, extremely young. Plenty of time to learn.

I don't think today was a poor decision. What other choice did he have today?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Think Seb had it in his mind from the start what he was going to if Max had a good start and I think Max only had eyes for Seb as well. Kimi got the best start out of them all and Seb with his pre-determined move squeezed Max who was watching Seb move towards him and not Kimi on his outside.

I think Seb at the time he moved across might have not seen Kimi because Max could have obscured his line-of-vision and F1 mirrors are renowned for being pretty useless at the best of times. I don't think anyone is to be blame, in those conditions at that speed the errors of margin are tiny and you are committing to a decision that is mostly influenced by your visualisation of the start before the actual start.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The last races.

Malaysia - Mercedes
Japan - 50/50
USA - Ferrari
Mexico - Mercedes
Brasil - Too Close to call for me.
Adu Dhabi - Ferrari

Still all to race for, cant see Lewis going all season without a DNF.
Toto said after the race he felt Mexico and Abu Dhabi would be difficult for them. Mexico has a huge straight but something about the altitude and atmospheric pressure means it's a high downforce setup.

Fantasy Leauge after Race 14

pauldyson1uk

Has expected quite few changes after an eventful Singapore race.

Wicked_badgers drops 2 places with TT_Caf gaining 2 placed and Cartman gaining 3 places to be joint top.
Toyoda drops 2 places, Team 3 drops a place along with me, Hamilton Academicals gains a place.
The top 7 is pretty tight with 19 point separating top from 7th and only 3 points between top 3.
A couple of DNF's like today could make it even tighter.

Teams of the Race

1st is a tie Hamilton Academical and Cartman 88 points
3rd FC Ronaldo 86 points

1st the taurean TT_Caf 1293
2nd eric cartman Cartman 1293
3rd saforrest Wicked_badgers 1290
4th venkman Toyoda 1284
5th impulse Team 3 1281
6th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 1275
7th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 1274
8th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 1185
9th balljy RedShift 1147
10th hp88 hp88 1128
11th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 1097
12th dargonk Dargon's crew 1093
13th evan7788 Evan GP 1088
14th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 1071
15th dpansheth Rock 1062
16th christy87 Langers on a mission 1055
17th giggsy92 TeamRocket 1048
18th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 936
19th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 928
20th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 878

Next race is Malaysia 1st October , lights out 08:00.

Make those changes,
Good Luck.

Impulse

should be an interesting Fantasy League later, that result would have sung a few.
After FP I took out Bottas and put in Ricciardo, not something I normally do swap drivers.
I did the same but put Raikkonen in. :(

Edit: I'd have been top of our league if I'd kept Bottas. :lol:

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
no one to blame at the start, just racing.

Ruined what should have been a good race.

hobbers

How delusional do you have to be to think Max did anything wrong at the start, or could have done anything to stop what happened? :lol:

Maybe he should have slammed on the brakes and taken a whole field of f1 cars up his exhaust?

TheBest

SPNTBP
A racing incident, with Vettel being the primary one at fault. Not sure how anyone can blame max for this.

NK86

Vettel has been cleared of any wrong doing, I agree with this, just a racing incident.
Blaming Max is just stupid.
Tired of coming into this thread with constant moaning from a certain Ferrari fan. I dislike Hamilton and want Ferrari to win too but my God it's tedious and feels like we are at a teen girl's party.

Missed the race but saw the start on replay. Really bad luck for Vettel. Max, for once despite the idiot he is, couldn't do anything. Vettel was rightfully covering his line and Kimi was trying to make use of his great start on a circuit where overtaking is very difficult. Just a coming together unfortunately. The title is still in the balance and 6 races is a lot for things to turn arpund