F1 2017 Season

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Weird championship this has been, it is has been such a close fight but Vettel and Hamilton have spent very little time fighting each other on track and it's never felt like they've been very close for too long in the standings either. These two races should have been Vettel slam-dunks with Hamilton finishing 4th at best which would have put Vettel 23 points clear!

A bit of misfortune on Vettel's side but two strange incidents too and the Stroll one could cost him for the next race as well. Hamilton has never finished a season without a DNF though, so plenty to play for. For the next races I expect Merc to thrive in Suzuka with lower temps but struggle in Brazil and Mexico. Austin and Abu Dhabi are 50-50.

Last edited:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Weird championship this has been, it is has been such a close fight but Vettel and Hamilton have spent very little time fighting each other on track and it's never felt like they've been very close for too long in the standings either. These two races should have been Vettel slam-dunks with Hamilton finishing 4th at best which would have put Vettel 23 points clear!

A bit of misfortune on Vettel's side but two strange incidents too and the Stroll one could cost him for the next race as well. Hamilton has never finished a season without a DNF though, so plenty to play for. For the next races I expect Merc to thrive in Suzuka with lower temps but struggle in Brazil and Mexico. Austin and Abu Dhabi are 50-50.
Do you think there may have been damage to part requiring grid penalties?

ArmchairCritic

Do you think there may have been damage to part requiring grid penalties?
That's the suggestion (Gearbox), we'll know in the next few days for sure. Also a bit worrying for Seb that his new engine was overheating following Ricciardo so much that he had to back off massively.

Last edited:

TheBest

SPNTBP
That's the suggestion (Gearbox), we'll know in the next few days for sure. Also a bit worrying for Seb that his new engine was overheating following Ricciardo so much that he had to back off massively.
Maybe he was just low on fuel and that is why he was involved with stroll?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The cynic in me suggests that Vettel knows he won't win the title so he's done this to use as a very convenient excuse when he has to start at the back again next race.

ArmchairCritic

I thought he lost time , due to his tyres giving out, did not hear about an engine overheat problem
I'm basing it on the radio message from Ferrari with 2 laps or so left where they said 'Engine is fine, attack now', which suggests he had to manage something with the engine but he did continue to drop back so it could have been fuel, tyres or engine temps.

Giggsy92

According to AMuS Vettel was right on the limit with fuel. Plus he'd taken a lot out of the tyres catching Ricciardo.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Winners like Vettel don't have that mentality
He's not really a 'winner' though.

Whenever he doesn't have the absolute perfect conditions for him and only him he takes his ball and goes home.

(I realise it sounds ridiculous given he's won 4 WDC but he employs the tactics of a loser)

Last edited:

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
He's not really a 'winner' though.

Whenever he doesn't have the absolute perfect conditions for him and only him he takes his ball and goes home.

(I realise it sounds ridiculous given he's won 4 WDC but he employs the tactics of a loser)
Not sure I agree with that. I get a sense of what you are saying but I feel that's just at the moment with adrenaline running. Buts he's been further behind and come back, I believe. That doesn't just happen. Don't like him for various reasons but I still believe he is top 3 and has a strong winning mentality.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
The cynic in me suggests that Vettel knows he won't win the title so he's done this to use as a very convenient excuse when he has to start at the back again next race.
Ridiculous suggestion.

Wicked_Badger

Interesting race!

Max controlled it, Lewis played his 2nd get out of jail card. Vettel was impressive in his fight back, shame he couldn’t attack Danny/Lewis in the last 10.

Still game on for the Championship, although Hamilton is playing it pretty safe & Seb starting to show some cracks. That Ferrari engine upgrade looks pretty decent, Mercedes have to respond.

Have a feeling that one of the Red Bulls will have something to do with where the trophy ends up...

spwd

Another penalty for Vettel?
He should at least get a penalty for each of the two things he definitely did wrong and I believe he caused the accident but the steering wheel and the lift he got back but he wont, yet people say Hamilton gets the rub of the green :rolleyes:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Vettel doesn't have a gearbox penalty after all. Ferrari were able to fix it.

Suzuka should favour Mercedes. The circuit is very similar to Silverstone and Spa, plus the temperatures will be much lower than they were in Malaysia.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Vettel doesn't have a gearbox penalty after all. Ferrari were able to fix it.

Suzuka should favour Mercedes. The circuit is very similar to Silverstone and Spa, plus the temperatures will be much lower than they were in Malaysia.
Thanks god. It would have been too much, with the title in the bag for Hamilton.

Member 90887

:houllier: Really?

He should at least get a penalty for each of the two things he definitely did wrong and I believe he caused the accident but the steering wheel and the lift he got back but he wont, yet people say Hamilton gets the rub of the green :rolleyes:
Yeah, he should get a penalty for at least these two things, let's also throw other things in there that he didn't do :houllier:

Can people be more biased than this? The incident wasn't his fault + there's only a reprimand for the lift, he can't actually get a penalty.

And check again from 22" in the video below, you'll see that he didn't cause the accident. It's a view from the car that was behind them.

People need to stop watching sky sports f1.

Pscholes18

For all Americans....NBC to stop F1 coverage after this season.....ESPN will take over next year...All 21 races will be broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC.

spwd

:houllier: Really?

Yeah, he should get a penalty for at least these two things, let's also throw other things in there that he didn't do :houllier:

Can people be more biased than this? The incident wasn't his fault + there's only a reprimand for the lift, he can't actually get a penalty.

And check again from 22" in the video below, you'll see that he didn't cause the accident. It's a view from the car that was behind them.

People need to stop watching sky sports f1.

So you’re telling us he didn’t take his steering wheel and get a lift back on a car, I must have dreamed that :lol:

Pscholes18

FFS, some of you are acting like those bellends who sit at home watching golf, see a foul and call in to the PGA to report it.....he did nothing wrong...got a lift back to the paddock...no harm, no foul.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
FFS, some of you are acting like those bellends who sit at home watching golf, see a foul and call in to the PGA to report it.....he did nothing wrong...got a lift back to the paddock...no harm, no foul.
Lewis is winning the title for sure. Not need for Seb to get another penalty.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Last edited: