F1 2017 Season

Pfff. He's a champion, champions only really rarely come without some sort of edge. All of Schumacher, Alonso and Vettel have had their 'unsportsmanlike' moments, it's part of what drives them to be the best.

Very happy for Lewis and Mercedes.
Yep.

Everyone hated Schumacher's attitude once upon a time. A lot didn't like Senna. I remember what everyone thought of that interview with Jackie Stewart at the time, the one that's now held up as as example of his grit and determination.

Pretty interesting comparison of Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41696360
All 3 have amazing records. Nothing worse than 3rd for any of them if you ignore Schumacher's comeback. Schumacher was also at 4 wins at 32y/o but won 5, 6, and 7 the following 3 years. I can't see Hamilton doing that with the competition around.
I don't think anyone will surpass Schumacher's 7 titles, just like i don't think anyone will surpass Senna's on the limit ability.

Senna
Schumacher
Clark

Top 3 for me, with Hamilton right on the edge of that list.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Oops.

He didn’t do anything wrong ffs :lol:

See above you lunatic :houllier:

Goid to see some sense at last.

Really :lol::lol:

Feck me i hope i see white txt.

Yes.
It almost came off. Ric climbed to 7th in 3 laps? Switch his engine failure with VER and I'd be sitting pretty in the league... I sound like a rawkite

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Yep.

Everyone hated Schumacher's attitude once upon a time. A lot didn't like Senna. I remember what everyone thought of that interview with Jackie Stewart at the time, the one that's now held up as as example of his grit and determination.

I don't think anyone will surpass Schumacher's 7 titles, just like i don't think anyone will surpass Senna's on the limit ability.

Senna
Schumacher
Clark

Top 3 for me, with Hamilton right on the edge of that list.
Agree with all of that with the exception of being unable to understand how good Clark was.

Agree with all of that with the exception of being unable to understand how good Clark was.
I am too young to have seen him but from what I have heard from people who did...

He won at Spa in the wet by 5 minutes :eek:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Apparently he's still bitter about last year. Couldn't stop taking shots at Nico during the year and did so again today. Very unsportsmanlike. Even more so when Nico made a video congratulating him.

Sky obviously won't cover it because it wouldn't fit their agenda of Lewis is a Saint when he can be one of the biggest as****** in F1.
A sore winner. Great driver, shit person.

F-Red

I don't think he's using a suspension that was banned, they would have used it on both cars & we wouldn't have seen Ricciardo struggle for pace (besides any engine issues). I think he had the car dialled in to the circuit perfectly, combined with a great downforce car, clear air, and durable tyres meant he had some incredible pace.

Budkowski won't be active with Renault till March next year, by which time the 2019 car is the only time he's going to have some level of influence. Power units will have moved on majorly by then. It'll be a political story next year, and nothing more.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he's using a suspension that was banned, they would have used it on both cars & we wouldn't have seen Ricciardo struggle for pace (besides any engine issues). I think he had the car dialled in to the circuit perfectly, combined with a great downforce car, clear air, and durable tyres meant he had some incredible pace.

Budkowski won't be active with Renault till March next year, by which time the 2019 car is the only time he's going to have some level of influence. Power units will have moved on majorly by then. It'll be a political story next year, and nothing more.
Ricciardo hinted at this special suspension on Max's car some weeks ago.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Difficul to see Verstappen win a title if he keeps the same shit attitude. He's just too dick and not cool-headed enough.

diarm

Difficul to see Verstappen win a title if he keeps the same shit attitude. He's just too dick and not cool-headed enough.
The only way Verstappen doesn't win titles is if he doesn't get a car capable of it. He has everything else he needs - including the cutting edge and ruthlessness.

Like I said yesterday, if he was driving in a red car you'd bloody love him. Just like you did Schumacher and do Vettel. He's brilliant.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The only way Verstappen doesn't win titles is if he doesn't get a car capable of it. He has everything else he needs - including the cutting edge and ruthlessness.

Like I said yesterday, if he was driving in a red car you'd bloody love him. Just like you did Schumacher and do Vettel. He's brilliant.
No, he's a cock. I can only give him time because he is bloody young.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing

diarm

I'm beginning to suspect that Ferrari's are like the Blue Moon of F1 fans!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
This sounds pretty darn good to me, especially the bolded part which should avoid a faster car being stuck behind a slower car for laps on end. Also bring back the sound! :drool:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41820129

Formula 1 has revealed its plans for a new engine formula from 2021.

The proposals are aimed at reducing costs, "improving the sound", increasing competitiveness between teams and maintaining road relevance.

The plan is to retain a 1.6-litre V6 turbo hybrid but to remove one of the two ways currently used to generate hybrid power.

Engines will run at a higher speed and the drivers will have greater control over hybrid energy deployment.

The key proposals, which are an attempt to improve the racing, were presented to teams by governing body the FIA and new F1 owners Liberty Media at a meeting in Paris on Tuesday.

The proposals are:

• a 1.6-litre V6 turbo hybrid.
  • Engines running 3,000rpm faster to improve sound.
  • The removal of the MGU-H, the part of the hybrid system that recovers energy from the turbo and which is largely responsible for muting the sound made by the current engines.
  • A more powerful MGU-K - which recovers energy from the rear axle - to make up the loss in hybrid energy from the MGU-H and with the option for a driver to save up energy over a number of laps to add a tactical element to the racing.
  • A single turbo with constraints on dimensions and weight.
  • Standard battery and control electronics.
  • Research into tightening up fuel regulations

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Some of Vettel overtakes this season:

Canada:

Barcellona:

Texas:

So shit and overrated. I don't remember Lewis and Max doing this.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Even as a Ferrari fan I don't really like Vettel although I probably dislike Hamilton even more than him.

I would like to see Daniel, Max or Alonso be champion next year

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
First, I don't remember him being called shit in here.
Second, you have a very selective memory if you think Lewis and Max haven't passed anyone :lol:
Not direct to any of you on here, but it is the general mood that considers Vettel overrated.
I thought the same when he was with Red Bull, but after all his comebacks this season he is a truly WC driver.

Wicked_Badger

Looking forward to this one.

Championship finished but some interesting battles still to be had. Massa’s 2nd retirement will be fun, and there’s always the possibility of rain at Interlagos which, combined with the tight circuit & slopes makes it intriguing!

Would like to see a genuine battle between Seb & Lewis this time. We’ve been robbed of it a few times this season for various different reasons but hopefully we can have something epic this weekend.

When was the last time Grojean completed a race weekend without spinning?

F-Red

I think the Mercedes will be off into the sunset on Sunday, their high fuel pace is strong. There will be more of a battle between Max & Seb i think...

Giggsy92

The Renault vs Toro Rosso story is a good one. Could do without them missing out on Abu Dhabi though, grid is small enough as it is. Looking like a Ferrari pole here, although the rain might spice things up a bit. Can't remember the last good race we had after the championship was decided so two Ferraris, two Mercs and Verstappen out in Q1 would be nice.

Giggsy92

back of the grid for the race, full set of tyres, still see him getting a podium finish.
Nah it's a horrible track for overtaking, and the Red Bulls and Ferraris are too quick in the races. 6th at best depending on what happens with Ricciardo's penalties.