F1 2017 Season

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Get the feck in Seb! Totally outclassed Lewis. We finally managed to win a race. The only negative thing is Kimi who couldn't keep it up with Vettel.

BBer13

While I'm no fan of Vettel its nice to see someone else winning after a few years of Mercedes dominance. Its early days still so Mercedes might still have something up there sleeve but so far it looks promising for Ferrari at least. Red bull generally get quicker as the year goes on and normally pull time back off of the teams in front so I'm hoping it makes for interesting year for a change.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'd love to see Verstappen or Riccardo fighting for championships, but to be honest, as long as Lewis doesn't win I am happy.

Mister_Stubbs

Ferrari's strategy worked excellently and Seb Vettel drove wonderfully. Early stages of course but looks like we will finally have a bit of competition this year.

pauldyson1uk

Did not watch the race this morning, finished night shift and had to take son to football so sleep was in order.
Watched the highlights, its was a decent enough race.
Vettel looks fast, Kimi seems to be still off the pace.
Lewis wont like finishing 9 secs behind the German.
Bottas looks like he will take points of both Lewis and Vettel this season.
I suspect we will see a lot of that Finger this season

Last edited:
Fantasy Leauge after Race 1

pauldyson1uk

First table of the new season.
Happy with my start 1 point advantage over RedShift , with TT Caf another point back.

Next Race is China 9th April, green lights at 8am.
So get you changes made or not has the case my be .

There is still 10 teams that have not picked any drivers, come on lads, this season I feel is going to be a cracker.

1St pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 102
2nd balljy RedShift 101
3rd the taurean TT_Caf 100
4th eric cartman Cartman 98
5th hp88 hp88 88
6th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 84
7th giggsy92 TeamRocket 84
8th christy87 Langers on a mission 83
9th jd094 Mirror, Signal, Maldonado 82
10th saforrest Wicked_badgers 82
11th senorgregster Hamilton Academical 82
12th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 82
13th scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 82
14th dpansheth Rock 79
15th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 77
16th evan7788 Evan GP 76
17th venkman Toyoda 73
18th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 71
19th impulse Team 3 69
20th dargonk Dargon's crew 58
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 0
22nd leg-end Better Call Bernie 0
23rd sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 0
24th rpitroda Spasian Racing 0
25th highoncaf Enzo's Red 0
26th panther F1 0
27th dante dante 0
28th krits teabagggers 0
29th uniquim Toyota F1 0
30th thebest191 TheBest 0

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Hopefully this win won't be unusual this season 'cos Mercedes domination threatens to kill the sport for casual viewers, imo.

Krits

Paul, Appreciate the effort. But I don't think i'll be playing this season. You can kick me out if needed :)

Impulse

Not a good start for me. Did everybody else go with Ferrari? I got burned on them last season so went all out with the Merc's and RB.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Ferrari winning again makes my heart feel good.

Hybrid era has ruined this sport for me so I'm hoping it is at least somewhat competitive now.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Promising that it wasn't a Merc winning the race. Hopefully the RB can improve and make it a three team race.

Rooney1987

He cried like a 1 year old from lap 2 onwards.... My tyres, My tyres. We didn't need any commentary on the race
All drivers do this. He is reporting to the team of a problem he is having so they can help fix it.

Anyway good to see Ferrari actually look like challenging. Felt like in pervious people they always had good showings in testing but faltered when season start. Good win for Seb hopefully we get to see 2 of the greats actually race.

Last edited:

Uniquim

Enjoyed the first race. Promising start to the season. Magnussen is driving like I do on F1 games though, he went off the track how many times?

And this moment was brilliant.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Greetings from Monaco to you all. The stands are going up as I write this.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
wider cars this year, I suspect this year Monaco could be boring has hell.
Unless it rains.
Aye. Having seen it in the flesh, it was hard to comprehend how any F1 car this season could move through those streets at such speeds without it essentially becoming a follow-the-leader exercise. Let alone a whole field of them.

Especially this place...

Small chance it could be carnage though.

pauldyson1uk

The Malaysia GP will drop off the F1 calendar from 2018 - but the return of the French and German GPs mean next season's schedule will revert to a joint-record 21 races.

The future of the Malaysian race at Sepang had been in doubt for several years owing to dwindling attendances and officials had already announced last November they would not renew their contract when it expired next year.

But country will now disappear from the calendar one season earlier than planned after a joint decision between organisers and F1 chiefs, meaning this year's race on October 1 will be the 18th and last Malaysia GP.

pauldyson1uk

this is interesting.

Sky F1's David Croft spoke to a 'logistics man' during the break between sessions about what could happen if these conditions continue throughout the weekend, putting qualifying and the race in doubt.

One option may be to delay the race until Monday but that will pose problems down the line:

“We have a grand prix in Bahrain in seven days’ time. It’s already a bit of a rush to get things to Bahrain. I don’t think we could go racing on Monday without creating a huge amount of chaos for those who have to set the garages up and get the cars ready.

“Everything gets packed away after the race on Sunday and there are three pallets of air freight per team. One pallet has to leave the track by midnight on Sunday. That then goes straight to Bahrain and gets there in time to get to the track by Tuesday morning. Everything they need to set up the garages goes by midnight on Sunday. Everything then follows ad gets there by Wednesday morning.

“An advance team goes straight to Bahrain to set up the garage and then the rest of the crew get there first thing on Wednesday and it is all hands on deck for every single team. It’s kind of cutting it fine but it can be done.

“If you then race on Monday, everything is pushed back by 24 hours and chances are not everything will be set up and ready by Thursday for practice on Friday.

“I suppose they could bring the race forwards on Sunday or potentially cancel Friday practice in Bahrain – but then you are cancelling a day’s track action when promoters in Bahrain would want people to come.”

pauldyson1uk

Confirmation from Charlie Whiting, the race director, that helicopters are still unable to land at the local hospital. It could be bright sunshine above the Shanghai International Circuit but that still wouldn't make any difference if the chopper is unable to land at the hospital.

And if the cloud doesn't clear at the hospital, which is 34 km away?

"There'll be no practice."

pauldyson1uk

So thats it FP1 and 2 amounted to 20 mins running, some teams not even did a single lap.
FP3 should be dry along with qualifying, so long as the helicopter can land at the hospital they should be run OK.
Sunday is forecast to be wet

pauldyson1uk

the Chinese Grand Prix could be staged on Saturday, Sky Sports F1 has been told

Friday practice at Shanghai was abandoned with just 20 minutes of track action completed due to low-hanging cloud preventing the medical helicopter from being able to land at the nearest suitable hospital.

But with conditions expected to deteriorate rather than improve for the designated race day of Sunday, Sky F1 has learnt that race authorities are considering staging both qualifying and the grand prix on Saturday instead.

"There's talk of maybe racing on Saturday because the weather isn't good on Sunday. Some teams wanted to try running later today for a practice session but that's been canned," Martin Brundle revealed.

"One thing under consideration is a race tomorrow, although I don't think it will happen because of TV schedules. But you'd rather a guaranteed race tomorrow than a maybe on Sunday.

"There was also talk of adding some more time in tomorrow but the teams don't want to do that as they put their race gearboxes in."

Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton, who failed to record a single timed lap on Friday, has already signalled he would welcome the scheduled format being ripped up

Lifted straight from Sky Sports

The Malaysia GP will drop off the F1 calendar from 2018 - but the return of the French and German GPs mean next season's schedule will revert to a joint-record 21 races.

The future of the Malaysian race at Sepang had been in doubt for several years owing to dwindling attendances and officials had already announced last November they would not renew their contract when it expired next year.

But country will now disappear from the calendar one season earlier than planned after a joint decision between organisers and F1 chiefs, meaning this year's race on October 1 will be the 18th and last Malaysia GP.
Good news overall. The French and German GPs should be protected imo, although it's a shame it won't be back at Magny Cours. I havent any memories of F1 at Paul Ricard.

I wont miss Malaysia much, the first of the endless dull circuits designed and built for $$$.

pauldyson1uk

The Chinese GP will remain in its scheduled slot on Sunday morning UK time despite Lewis Hamilton leading calls for the format to be dramatically revised, after Friday practice was grounded due to low-hanging clouds in Shanghai.

Sky F1 had been told moving the Grand Prix to Saturday was being considered following the abandonment of Practice Two on safety grounds.

But the practicalities involved in moving an event which will be watched by a television audience of millions worldwide at such short notice means the race will take place at 7am UK time on Sunday as previously advertised.

Saturday's qualifying hour, which will also be broadcast exclusively live on Sky F1, starts at 8am.

Delaying the race until Monday has also been ruled out because of the logistical demands of relocating to Bahrain, where F1 is racing next week in the second part of back-to-week event.

However, a meeting between the teams and Liberty Media, the sport's new owners, is expected to take place early on Saturday morning in Shanghai.

Giggsy92

Shame about Malaysia going, nice track and been some great moments there. Always liked it when it would be raining at one end of the circuit while bone dry at the other.

pauldyson1uk

watching the ed of FP3 and the 2 Ferrari's look fast.
Mind you the Merc's could both be sandbagging.
Qualifying should be interesting, but has for the race itself, 90% chance of rain Sky are saying and if the clouds are also low, who knows if the race will even happen.

Giggsy92

Ferrari look to be the quickest again. Hopefully Raikkonen shows up this weekend.