F1 2019 season

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So for us Ferrari fans, LeClerc is our only hope? I missed q3 but he was faster than Vettel for q1 and q2

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hamilton on pole again:)

The race is going to be very interesting.

midnightmare

Anticlimatic really. The only upsides I can see are that Max makes it appear that the Bulls aren't all that slow and may be able to sneak a few podiums. If Merc is this far ahead of the pack at this stage, the season could really be one long procession. Not the best sign for the sport, given the increasingly-rapidly falling numbers.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is anyone else tired of how the Mercs always hype up the other teams only to smash them?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
They're not holding anything back. It'll be between them & Williams for the back spots this year.
Never make predictions based on free practice.

IAmAWinner

Same old same old. Ferrari looks like the team to beat during testing and then Mercedes just smashes everyone.

pauldyson1uk

HA HA Have to laugh first qualifying of the season and already the Merc haters are out.
So what if they hype up other team.
I have said before , why should teams , show all they have before they have too , Merc did just what I expected them to do in Q3.
SAF was a past master of mind games , Lewis and Merc are doing no different.
I am shocked that the Ferrari is that far behind, 0.7 secs behind is a massive gap.
You would hope that Seb and LeClerc who impressed me in qualifying, have something extra for the race.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Leclerc taking all the blame. I feel sorry for tim because i think he expected a lot more from Ferrari. Just hope he doesn't let himself down too soon.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Ferrari will be closer, they were 0.6s behind last season at this track and then were quicker until the Spanish GP.

Rooney1987

People have very short memories. Ferrari for first half had definitely better race pace last year and it did switch to the Mercs towards the end. The majority of last season it was very close. Even then track times were pretty close it was Lewis who was on another level.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Keeping in mind the fact that Albert Park is a very specific track, that's mightily impressive by the Mercs.

Similar gap to Ferrari last season though in quali, and then Ferrari were the faster car for the next 4 races until Spain. I certainly hope this is not representative of what's to come.

Ferrari and Red Bull close though, which is nice.

Member 90887

So for us Ferrari fans, LeClerc is our only hope? I missed q3 but he was faster than Vettel for q1 and q2
Looked so today, but we don't have to put too much pressure on him.
Not really, the track was improving extremely quickly, and he didn't do a good lap at the begining of Q1 (Both Vettel and him were on the medium). Ferrari didn't want th risk it so Charles had to go again and this time with the softs (rightly so since he was out of Q1 just before he finished his lap).

Canagel

seriously this is like the most lamest one sided rivalry in f1 history. just give Mercedes the titles already. another year of domination coming.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It's one qualifying session, let's calm down a bit. Obviosuly I would have liked Ferrari to be a lot closer to Merc but as others have said the situation was pretty much exactly the same last year and Ferrari still had the upper hand for the first half of the season.

Dudu

Tuned in just in time. Cmon Ferrari! Lets challenge the Mercs at least.

What’s the story with no Ted Kravitz at the race
There were rumours a few weeks ago that he had a fight with his new bosses at Sky.

Giggsy92

Hamilton's got no answer to Bottas, managed to lose four seconds to him since pitting. Could be jumped by Verstappen at this rate.