F1 2021 Season

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The boiled piss in here is a thing of beauty :lol:

Was it Lewis' fault? Yes.
Was it deliberate? Of course not.

Massive shame we're not gunna see more of them 2 racing one another today.

hobbers

Says it all that every racing driver across both tv channels say it's worth a penalty.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Hamilton misses the apex, so I do not see how that is not Hamiltons fault
He might have understeered a bit, anyway, he was not alongside and not on the inside where there was enough space. Horner has a good point too.

NK86

I'm not sure. What was Lewis supposed to do there? I get that max was ahead but he was the one turning into Lewis.

Just saw another replay from leclerc's camera and it looked like Lewis did not hold his line.

Urrgh, complicated one. I'm not sure anymore.
Lewis should have conceded the corner I feel. Felt he was way too aggressive when he didn't have the advantage or even the position.
Also as you said he steered towards the outside of the track as he made the corner. Poor driving from him.

prateik

The boiled piss in here is a thing of beauty :lol:

Was it Lewis' fault? Yes.
Was it deliberate? Of course not.

Massive shame we're not gunna see more of them 2 racing one another today.
can anyone really suggest it was deliberate? Wouldn't it would be putting his car at risk if he was doing that intentionally?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hamilton misses the apex, so I do not see how that is not Hamiltons fault
:lol: he over takes him on the inside, the racing line is stay left and swoop right.

at this point max either backs out (he’s never going to) or lewis aborts the over take (he’s never going to)

it’s a racing incident in the heat of the moment.

they’re pretty much 2 a brest into a corner that is only wide enough for 1 car.

Norris

I didn't like Hamilton's radio as soon as the incident. That annoyed more than the wheel to wheel stuff for some reason.

BIGbadBOO4

Absolutely. Max making alot of moves to defend. Too many moves leads to this type of incident. But for me, it is a racing incident.
Max is super aggressive and that lap he was out of position throughout as he was mainly concerned with blocking Lewis. Max can be that aggressive throughout it was eventually gonna lead to a crash.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
This place is hilarious. :lol:

You have the Hamilton fanboys claiming its all biased hatred towards Lewis, when infact its the Hamilton fans who are wrong and completely biased.

But aye random Hamilton fans on redcafe know more than Button etc..

LoneStar

Says it all that every racing driver across both tv channels say it's worth a penalty.
It's Hamilton in the British GP. No way he gets a penalty.

It was his fault, he had a lot of space in the corner. I guess it's wrong of me to expect posters on a British forum to be rational though. I would have probably been the same if I was British.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Defended him in this thread. Will never do that again. What an absolute cnut. Verstappen could have been seriously injured.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:lol: he over takes him on the inside, the racing line is stay left and swoop right.

at this point max either backs out (he’s never going to) or lewis aborts the over take (he’s never going to)

it’s a racing incident in the heat of the moment.

they’re pretty much 2 a brest into a corner that is only wide enough for 1 car.
He doesnt overtake him at any point

dinostar77

Chandook analysis is blaming lewis for not hitting the apex, but also that max is pinching lewis. Both thought other would back off
But onboard shows lewis turning into the corner. Definitely looks a racing incident and chandook says the same.

Stringer

I mean Button and Brundle are both suggesting that Hamilton misses the apex and was never in front so why are Hamilton fans so upset at people suggesting he should be penalised? Even got some lunatic suggesting racism is to be blamed...

The Hilton

Max was ahead and had the racing line. What is this fanboy drivel about it being Max's fault? Embarrassing.

And I'm saying the stewards will bottle giving Hamilton a pen, because he's Hamilton, despite penalising Russell and Norris and Perez for less in the last two races.
Calling others a fanboy and then coming out with that rant, I hope the irony isn't lost on you.

I think you could justify it either way really, my personal opinion.

Member 90887

Lewis should have conceded the corner I feel. Felt he was way too aggressive when he didn't have the advantage or even the position.
Also as you said he steered towards the outside of the track as he made the corner. Poor driving from him.
Horner was talking to Masi/FIA and saying that the drivers know that that corner was dangerous and that Lewis should have never been trying to pass max on that corner. He was saying that the corner was Max's.

prateik

Seeing the replay again.. no idea how anyone is defending Hamilton here.. it was reckless.

Leg-End

Guys, he’s getting a penalty.

But the suggestions that’s it’s deliberate or doesn’t have the right to race anymore is embarrassing. Two drivers that didn’t want to give anything, it’s racing!

Mercedes need to accept the penalty, Red Bull need to accept we are here to race.

Canagel

The red Bull salt is funny. Hamilton was more than half of a car length alongside and wasnt given space. expecting a whole car to disappear in that corner is kinda stupid

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This place is hilarious. :lol:

You have the Hamilton fanboys claiming its all biased hatred towards Lewis, when infact its the Hamilton fans who are wrong and completely biased.

But aye random Hamilton fans on redcafe know more than Button etc..
Sky even showing Lewis was off the racing line.

Like I said before, not Hamilton's first incident.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Rickard Rydell on the Swedish broadcast puts it on Lewis, says Max gives him enough space on the inside but Lewis drifts wide.

hobbers

It's Hamilton in the British GP. No way he gets a penalty.

It was his fault, he had a lot of space in the corner. I guess it's wrong of me to expect posters on a British forum to be rational though. I would have probably been the same if I was British.
I'm British and, given the last 3 penalties given for racing incidents this season, that there is a penalty every day of the week.

And Hamilton immediately on the radio claiming it's Max's fault is exceptionally cnutish to be honest, given how he just rolled the dice with Verstappen's life. All because he can't handle being bullied in the drivers championship for a change.

Ollie Derbyshire

Neither driver giving an inch, got to love it! Hamilton thinks he has that corner, Max thought he had it. If neither concedes these things happen.