F1 2021 Season

BIGbadBOO4

Hamilton did nothing wrong, 2 moves by max down the straight, Hamilton was close enough. Max cant cut across a driver like that. It should be a racing incident but I bet Hamilton gets a pen.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What the feck are people having a pop at Hamilton for? That’s just a racing incident. If we’re taking overtaking out then what’s the point

NK86

That's completely on max.
He was ahead going into the corner and Hamilton decided to stay there although he was never going to make the corner ahead of Max. How on earth is that on Max!
Will be surprised if they don't pin a penalty on Hamilton.

hobbers

If Russell got a penalty yesterday Hamilton should be getting a penalty 10 times out of 10.

Leg-End

The speed there and the defence, it was always going to happen at some point. Aggressive attacking finally met aggressive defence.

Dan_F

Max was very aggressive defending the whole lap, you could see it coming. Max definitely gained an advantage going off the track at one point too.

Norris

So unfortunate for Max. Don't think Lewis should be penalized. That was brilliant racing by both.

James Peril

Dirty rat Hamilton. Knew exactly what he was doing and at that speed…. but he will be punished accordingly. For those saying race incident, get lost and learn the rules. Incredibly dangerous.

Tiber

Maxs race in ruins, lost out on any points for a second race . Hamilton will get his car repaired and pass the Ferrari within 2 corners.

NK86

Hamilton did nothing wrong, 2 moves by max down the straight, Hamilton was close enough. Max cant cut across a driver like that. It should be a racing incident but I bet Hamilton gets a pen.
He didn't weave twice in the braking zone. Hamilton had enough space on the right to not make that move get unstuck

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Shame for the race and championship.
Obviously it’s not the way you want to say it and I agree that you don’t want your championship leader out in lap 1.

But in terms of the title fight, as a neutral, Lewis winning and max getting 0 makes it much more interesting, given RB’s dominance this year

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Looks like Max had plenty of room. He was extremely risky defending Lewis.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
From the replays I just watched, it looked like max turned into Lewis. It seemed that he had enough space to stay on the outside.

Let's wait for more replays.
Lewis is late in the apex. Max has to turn and Lewis should already have been turning

hobbers

Max had loads of track there, and turned in on Lewis.

I get being a fan, but calling it "bottling" is just being silly.
Max was ahead and had the racing line. What is this fanboy drivel about it being Max's fault? Embarrassing.

And I'm saying the stewards will bottle giving Hamilton a pen, because he's Hamilton, despite penalising Russell and Norris and Perez for less in the last two races.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's on Lewis, but he will get away with this. Not the first time Lewis has done something like this too.

SirAnderson

Probably could have given more room, but yeah racing incident, still feel Lewis will get a pen. Would have been a great race seeing them 2 scrap, but seemed inevitable this would eventually happen.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Christ, hope Max is alright. Nothing serious hopefully. Hamilton should get a penalty for that no doubt.

Leg-End

What’s Skys general view of it as C4 guys seems to be blaming Lewis, to me it looks very much a racing incident

Member 90887

He was ahead going into the corner and Hamilton decided to stay there although he was never going to make the corner ahead of Max. How on earth is that on Max!
Will be surprised if they don't pin a penalty on Hamilton.
I'm not sure. What was Lewis supposed to do there? I get that max was ahead but he was the one turning into Lewis.

Just saw another replay from leclerc's camera and it looked like Lewis did not hold his line.

Urrgh, complicated one. I'm not sure anymore.

dinostar77

The championship needs a lewis win today as the gap between max and lewis will be down to under 10 points and sets up the rest of the season to be epic between them two.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Because he was level and was on the racing line. And Verdtappen was weaving all over the place. He turned in didn't he.
He turned in a corner and they were not level into the corner. Lewis goes deep into the apex

Tiber

He might not get a penalty, but took some nerve for Hamilton to blame that on Max.