F1 2021 Season

dinostar77

Whats the opinion on here of ballast? I think it would be an easy idea to implement and would improve the spectacle. Ballast for the top 5 in the WDC standings, with the weight reducing from 1st to 5th.

If such a concept existed this season theres a good chance we might have seen Mclaren, Ferrai and Alpha Tauri victories and stops this season becoming a runaway snore fest for max.

dinostar77

That would be great but it's never going to happen as it would generate less income.
Owners of F1 make an absolute fortune in profit. Why couldnt they pay each circuit a £1mil retainer each season? That way the circuits could subsidize ticket fees for fans and do some circuit track/facility improvements.

vangagal

Unless its reverse grid, sprint race wont become any sort of entertaining at all. That was wasted of time honestly.

Ross Brawn has been quite delusional since he got gig as F1 administrator.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Owners of F1 make an absolute fortune in profit. Why couldnt they pay each circuit a £1mil retainer each season? That way the circuits could subsidize ticket fees for fans and do some circuit track/facility improvements.
They could do that but I’m pretty sure they will try 100 different ways of expanding everything to make more money before they try an alternative that will cut profits.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Unless its reverse grid, sprint race wont become any sort of entertaining at all. That was wasted of time honestly.

Id like to see a reverse grid race

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I agree, reverse grid and only 10 laps for me.

Also agree about Brawn, F1 I think needs someone from the outside with genuine creative ideas, but no chance of that.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would like elimination style quali, in 3 parts for 15 laptops. The last 5 teams get eliminated every 5 laps and quali restarts from the grid after to bring ever car closer.

Fluctuation0161

How did Verstappen get away with changing direction 3 times in the first lap if the sprint race? Surely only one change of direction is allowed?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hope it’s not just Max driving off into the distance and Lewis moaning that he doesn’t have the pace to catch him, although after yesterday’s sprint, that’s exactly what I fear happening.

Hopefully some tires start blowing up like last year

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hope it’s not just Max driving off into the distance and Lewis moaning that he doesn’t have the pace to catch him, although after yesterday’s sprint, that’s exactly what I fear happening.

Hopefully some tires start blowing up like last year
:lol: shut up me

Hopefully max is ok. That looked heavy

Leg-End

Was always going to happen eventually, Hamilton has finally got punchy.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Given the stewards dislike of racing this season, I am expecting a penalty for Lewis.
I'm expecting the same. Was a huge impact as well I think they might feel like they have to give a penalty.

It looked a racing incident to me but who knows.

United Hobbit

Wow that was some great racing with Max and Lewis, shame they collided as the bravery by both wheel to wheel racing

Will Lewis get a penalty?

Max looked winded, hope he's OK, it looked like he flew over part of the gravel so didn't benefit from it slowing him down

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Shit ending to the best lap of the year, would’ve loved to see some more of that.