F1 2021 Season

Tiber

Leave George alone ffs. Driving that Williams is enough punishment for murder

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not working for me this, I would rather see a normal qualifying.
First couple of laps were OK .
Yes it's become a bit of a drag..... I didn't realise at first when they said 'sprint' race that it would be 17 laps. Think that defeats the whole thinking behind it. Shorter and it would be more exciting, or just stick with the regular qualifying session.

Tiber

Don't mind it to be honest. Maybe it could be shorter but there's been plenty of shit Saturdays in recent years, don't mind a bit of variety

Jazz

Does the fastest lap matter in this session in terms of points? :confused:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Don't mind it to be honest. Maybe it could be shorter but there's been plenty of shit Saturdays in recent years, don't mind a bit of variety
Pretty much my view as well. Definitely worth a try.

Jazz

I have no problem with the Saturdays . It's some of the 'Sunday's that can be shit, depending on the track as well.

Tiber

Must be educational for Lewis to realise that when a quality opponent has a better car, there is virtually nothing you can do.

Norris

Fair point by commentators, it should give the teams an idea on the tyre strategy for tomorrow, this sort of sprint.

Jazz

Must be educational for Lewis to realise that when a quality opponent has a better car, there is virtually nothing you can do.
Lord the snide in this...:rolleyes:

Jazz

Ok that was anticlimactic. At least they've tried something new but way too long for me.

BIGbadBOO4

For all his skills, Hamilton is crap at starts. Vettell used to kick his arse and Verstappan is now. I just hope to god that new regulations allow racing rather than who gets in front at start wins.
Easy 30 second win for Max tomorrow, I just wish Red Bull number 2 could actually compete. Dislike 1 man team that Ref Bull always prefer.

dinostar77

What a colossal waste of time that sprint rubbish is. Want a sprint race to be interesting? Wait for next years rule changes and implement a reverse grid based on championship standings.

Lewis screwed the start, if he doesnt beat max tomorrow then the season in regards to the championship is done.

Norris

Really? I wasn't impressed.

But maybe making it 5 laps would be more entertaining.
Yeah, it's more interesting, a lot of it depends on the start of course, hence why a shorter format could work. Top 3 will fight it out for sure, because the points matter and the rest would try low risk overtaking moves. If they manage the race distance well enough, it might even be a case where some might go on mediums and others on softs.
We are getting the typical qualifying format (Q1, Q2, Q3) anyway, just that, it's a day sooner.