g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2021 Season

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Give them hovercrafts and let them go at it.

Scrapheap challenge style, 30mins to make a hovercraft out of your car parts

Leg-End

Even worse rain incoming apparently, time to go find something else to do. United soon at least.

Abizzz

Am I the only one who thinks that 1 more lap for rules reasons would be a farce?

I'd understand any driver or team being keen on it, but to me it's not a race unless you... race.

Leg-End

Am I the only one who thinks that 1 more lap for rules reason would be a farce?

I'd understand any driver or team being keen on it, but to me it's not a race unless you... race.
F1 does farce quite well though, it’s own rules tie itself in knots.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Why don't they just move it to tomorrow?
A few things make it a challenge albeit not impossible. Main ones:

Marshals - volunteers who will have work tomorrow since Belgium doesn’t have a bank holiday tomorrow, or other commitments.

Teams - with the next race being only next weekend, it actually takes a lot of time to pack up and move and set up at the next circuit. In effect if they race tomorrow they’d need to be ready by EOD Thursday in Netherlands for the race practice starting Friday.

Abizzz

Thinking about it doing a couple of Laps for half points, sort of makes a bit of sense.
They have a result for the record books.
But what kind of result would it be if overtaking was forbidden for every lap driven? That's just a procession.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
so looks like we’re going to get about 5 laps behind the safety car then call it quits.

what a waste.

why did they even bother trying to start then stop again if they knew the timer would start? this gives such a bad look for F1

Leg-End

Masi is a pretty terrible race director isn't he, this race alone he's tied himself in knots on rules, got corrected by a team director on the very rules he should know inside out.

Gearing up for the farce laps behind the SC just so they can call it a race and collect their money. The fans in the stands should be asking for refunds.

Adam-Utd

Masi is a pretty terrible race director isn't he, this race alone he's tied himself in knots on rules, got corrected by a team director on the very rules he should know inside out.

Gearing up for the farce laps behind the SC just so they can call it a race and collect their money. The fans in the stands should be asking for refunds.
the guy is shocking. I know it’s his first year but sheesh he’s made a lot of mess ups this year.

Adam-Utd

Why is it strange? Rules say he can't start from the grid so he'll lose his position but why shouldn't he be allowed to start from the pit lane?
strange in the sense this situation has never happened before.

99/100 he wouldn’t start as it would have already been going, but because it’s been delayed so long this has been made possible

hobbers

Masi is awful. What a stupid clown.

Should have just started when they started the first time. After 5 laps enough water will have cleared and the cars spaced out enough for visibility to be fine.

hobbers

This is gonna end up with a few laps behind safety car and half points awarded. Total waste of time.

United Hobbit

I could understand the timer starting if they'd done a proper race for a few laps then had to stop but all they've done is a glorified formation lap or 2. Wasn't Zac Brown saying some other race took place around 7pm last night? By starting that stupid timer, they've prevented that happening

The safety car seems to be clearing quite a lot of water, couldn't they get a couple of others like that out there eg the medical car etc

Leg-End

This is gonna end up with a few laps behind safety car and half points awarded. Total waste of time.
Absolutely, you know it will happen just like that. This rain isn't going anywhere so they just want to get the minimum in so they can call it a race.

Dan_F

Doing a token lap to get half points is a joke. Why don’t the rules just say half points if the race doesn’t start, because that’s effectively what they are doing.

Also. It’s probably a simple answer, but how do you half 25 points?

Adam-Utd

Doing a token lap to get half points is a joke. Why don’t the rules just say half points if the race doesn’t start, because that’s effectively what they are doing.

Also. It’s probably a simple answer, but how do you half 25 points?
they’d literally get 12.5, so that half is like an away goal essentially