F1 2021 Season

The Firestarter

They have safety. The drivers are nearly indestructible in those cars.
I just really hate SC starts. It takes away such an important part of a race
You are wrong. You are talking about speeds of 300+kph. Despite all the precautions you can't cheat physics. In certain conditions the pilot will experience a G load that is simply fatal. The only benefit from all the safety measures then would be that they will be whole when you take them out of the cockpit.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Don't agree, he will know what it is like mid grid.
But I can see why he wants to race.
I don’t see how he would know that. The drivers are instructed to report what they are seeing and feeling themselves, not guess what the other drivers may or may not see.

Asger

Times has definetly changed. I have seen races in much worse contidion than this but I can understand the safety first.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’s a bit of a conundrum because if they raced, there’d be a chance to clear some of the water. But to get there there is a lot of risk. And the fact Spa is such a long track, you might end up with a soaking track again by the time the cars are back around.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don’t see how he would know that. The drivers are instructed to report what they are seeing and feeling themselves, not guess what the other drivers may or may not see.
It wouldn’t take a rocket scientist, the over spray is going to be wild if you haven’t got a clean run infront.

gutted with this delay, probs will be called off now

Leg-End

The timer is running so this is all pointless unless they get going soon (which they won’t).

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It wouldn’t take a rocket scientist, the over spray is going to be wild if you haven’t got a clean run infront.

gutted with this delay, probs will be called off now
Sure he could make an educated guess but I don’t see why the guy in front should report on what he thinks it’s like for the other drivers.

Leg-End

They 100% will put the cars out there for a few laps just to classify the race, good for Russell/Williams if they do.

We won’t see an actual race though which is a massive shame.

Leg-End

F1 and all it’s time rules is fecking ridiculous. Feel sorry for the fans in the rain that probably paid hundreds to get there and see it, even if we get a break in the weather they might see 30 minutes of racing because of some arbitrary rule.

United Hobbit

F1 and all it’s time rules is fecking ridiculous. Feel sorry for the fans in the rain that probably paid hundreds to get there and see it, even if we get a break in the weather they might see 30 minutes of racing because of some arbitrary rule.
Agree. Light I can understand but not this silly time thing