F1 2021 Season

dinostar77

Do you mean his employer which is paying him over $10m a year?

You think him going rogue, defying team orders and potentially costing his team and teammate the driver's championship would have no impact on his reputation?
It might be funny, but few team managers value unreliable, unprofessional and untrustworthy staff.
Agreed. He has bonuses etc writtn into his contract if the team win the constructors. So he will try to help Mercedes win that.

He isn't going to screw Hamilton as they get on very well as teammates and he's aware how hard lewis tried to keep him onboard. Besides screw Mercedes and piss off totto and you cant write off any future drive for a team with a Mercedes engine. Basically hes a professional and will behave as such.

ChaddyP

FP3 doesn’t decide the grid for the full race.
That's irrelevant to my point. I was reacting to people saying it was shit to watch or its lame or boring or there's nit much overtaking.

If you find it that boring stick to quali on Friday and Google the grid changes after the sprint.

Sprint quali has replaced fp3. And if you think fp3 is more entertaining to watch over sprint race then I don't know what to say.

If you want to have a discussion over what's better to decide the final grid then that's a fair discussion but most comments I see about sprint racing is people complaining that it's boring. Maybe I've miss understood?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's irrelevant to my point. I was reacting to people saying it was shit to watch or its lame or boring or there's nit much overtaking.

If you find it that boring stick to quali on Friday and Google the grid changes after the sprint.

Sprint quali has replaced fp3. And if you think fp3 is more entertaining to watch over sprint race then I don't know what to say.

If you want to have a discussion over what's better to decide the final grid then that's a fair discussion but most comments I see about sprint racing is people complaining that it's boring. Maybe I've miss understood?
you said it’s basically replaced fp3 which isn’t really true though. One is extra practice for the teams to figure out settings for the race/quali on their own terms whereas a sprint race isn’t.

in regards to entertainment, neither are entertaining from what we have seen so far so I don’t think the sprint race is more entertaining than fp3 argument holds up well. It’s not needed at all and it isn’t solving any issues.

ChaddyP

you said it’s basically replaced fp3 which isn’t really true though. One is extra practice for the teams to figure out settings for the race/quali on their own terms whereas a sprint race isn’t.

in regards to entertainment, neither are entertaining from what we have seen so far so I don’t think the sprint race is more entertaining than fp3 argument holds up well. It’s not needed at all and it isn’t solving any issues.

I said its replaced fp3 because it is true. Fp3 is no longer there during sprint race weekend as the sprint race is now there. Replaced doesn't mean its the same thing. Its something completely different. I'm not arguing that they are somehow similar in what they do.

If you don't find Sprint racing entertaining then that's fine. Your probably didn't find fp3 entertaining either so it's not like you're losing something. Its simply something different adds a different element to a race. Probably monza isn't the best track to do a sprint just because of the nature of the track and modern f1 cars. I think Brazil will be much more interesting race.

Personally I find it OK. I enjoy watching f1 cars race even if its for 2 laps. But asking to bin it because its not jam packed with massive wheel to wheel racing every corner on the track is a bit ott imo.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Friday: FP1; 15-lap sprint reverse championship grid with half points
Saturday: FP2; Conventional qualy
Sunday: Race

Jack-C20

Buzzing for this race. Can the McLarens attack Max? Can Lewis get anything done? Will Bottas give it his all? Overtaking is hard so a lot of emphasis on pit strategies I think but still hoping for an interesting race.

F-Red

Lewis vs Max, what are we thinking? Racing incident?
Absolutely, it's not even a debate. See the same moves every year at Monza. If it was two other drivers there would be no discussions of anything other than a racing incident.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
100% identical situation, well done
You mean Lewis again putting his care where it doesn't belong and potentially causing an accident? yes it is identical.

At the end of the day, its a chicane and it is max's line, the racing line clearly cuts through the exit of the left hander to the right hander.

Shit like that radio message from Lewis is why people don't like him.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
The longer Max is stuck behind Ricciardo the better. Will be a much more interesting race without him running off in to the sunset.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Wonder if McLaren (and RIC) try to fight Max for the win or cover off Ham for the podium.