F1 2021 Season

mitChley

Noone seems to have read the article sun tzu posted? Can hardly blame Verstappen for not slowing when he's not been told to slow by the stewards?

" The footage also shows that a double yellow did not appear on Verstappen's steering wheel, which it normally should. Normally, a driver would get a grid penalty for the race if they ignore a yellow flag, but the Dutchman has no need to worry. "

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Noone seems to have read the article sun tzu posted? Can hardly blame Verstappen for not slowing when he's not been told to slow by the stewards?

" The footage also shows that a double yellow did not appear on Verstappen's steering wheel, which it normally should. Normally, a driver would get a grid penalty for the race if they ignore a yellow flag, but the Dutchman has no need to worry. "
if you watch it on fast forward he actually speeds up when he sees the yellows.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Why's everyone on here acting as if the FIA are pro RB/Max and anti Merc/Lewis? Bit weird.
I think it's the same way fans think referees have agendas against their team.

If the FIA were anti Merc they would have tinkered with the regs years ago rather than watching them win 7 championships in a row

ArjenIsM3

recent decisions do favour RB
Hasn't it been the other way around for years though? At least that's what I've been reading on the likes of Facebook for what seems like an eternity. Even earlier this season with the FIA changing the pitstop regs for example.

RepardReece

Hasn't it been the other way around for years though? At least that's what I've been reading on the likes of Facebook for what seems like an eternity. Even earlier this season with the FIA changing the pitstop regs for example.
Couldn't tell you to be honest, i've only seriously started watching f1 since last season. don't think they're pro anyone but I do think RB have been very lucky recently with some decisions.

ArjenIsM3

Couldn't tell you to be honest, i've only seriously started watching f1 since last season. don't think they're pro anyone but I do think RB have been very lucky recently with some decisions.
Yeah same, I've been into cars and bikes for all of my life and so I've always liked F1 and did watch it occasionally but I must say I've only started gradually getting more into it when Verstappen burst on the scene as a fellow Dutchman. Didn't start watching every race I could untill last season and even now I do miss the occasional race when I've more important stuff to do. I rarely watch FP sessions let alone watch the stewards' every move.

The Hilton

What are the odds of Bottas and Sainz getting penalised while Max gets away with a warning/fine?
They'll probably find some logic like the second yellow cancels the first one out, and as Bottas & Sainz only drove through 1 they get a penalty.

Fluctuation0161

Ah right so just the one incident then alright cheers
You mean the most blatant incident from the most recent race. Yeah, cheers that was the most relevant example.

Plenty of other examples to cite for Maxs dangerous driving. Monza comes to mind as another one of them.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I think it's the same way fans think referees have agendas against their team.

If the FIA were anti Merc they would have tinkered with the regs years ago rather than watching them win 7 championships in a row
They've been tinkering over the years in order to make things more exciting. Can't blame them for the lack of trying, they even covered up Ferrari's illegal engine because they were the closest to being able to match Mercedes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Everyone knows that FIA stands for Ferrari International Assistance.
That was when Ferrari were unpopular winners, now Red Bull and Max are the unpopular ones so everything is apparently in their favour and everyone is out to get Lewis and Merc.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Classic mentality. Funny how those who claim favouritism obviously isn’t a thing when it’s a team they prefer being claimed to be favoured, will immediately claim favouritism when it’s a team they do not.

Last edited:

Leg-End

The FIA have and always will be inconsistent, borderline incompetent a lot of the time. F1 is so political as well, unless you really know the inner workings you really don’t know anything. Us fans get the media scraps.

Abizzz

The FIA have and always will be inconsistent, borderline incompetent a lot of the time. F1 is so political as well, unless you really know the inner workings you really don’t know anything. Us fans get the media scraps.
The truth is on the track. Everyone can see with their own eyes whats happening and happened. If someone doesn't think Max has evaded punishment many times when others haven't I simply can't explain why other than a short attention span or memory (or that the person just started to watch, which is fair enough). There's really no debate to be had.

The Hilton

The truth is on the track. Everyone can see with their own eyes whats happening and happened. If someone doesn't think Max has evaded punishment many times when others haven't I simply can't explain why other than a short attention span or memory (or that the person just started to watch, which is fair enough). There's really no debate to be had.
There are a lot of hardcore Max fans on here for whom he can do no wrong. Some are so determined to defend him they pretend to be fans of other teams/drivers in an attempt to give their bias more merit.

I really want to like Max, he's so quick, but he's too unlikeable and spoiled, and isn't helped by Red Bull and the FIA letting him get away with stuff all the time.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Will penalties even make much difference? I know it's a difficult track to overtake but still see max managing to squeeze past and take 2nd anyway.

Leg-End

I do think fan influence comes into play now, social media is powerful and it puts pressure on decision makers. Some of the shit that used to happen in the 90’s/00’s I reckon would have blown up Twitter.

hp88

Will penalties even make much difference? I know it's a difficult track to overtake but still see max managing to squeeze past and take 2nd anyway.
Guess it makes the start more difficult as you are in the middle of a pack as there's a good chance you will get tangled up.

GloryHunter07

That was when Ferrari were unpopular winners, now Red Bull and Max are the unpopular ones so everything is apparently in their favour and everyone is out to get Lewis and Merc.
Its like when the refs always favoured United, except when they didnt.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Difference of opinion (when asked if overtaking now clear), who'd have thunk it?

Max..

"Yesterday it was all about sharing their opinions and the FIA explaining their process of thought behind it. We came a long way. It was a very long briefing. I think at the end it was pretty clear."

Lewis..

"No. It's not clear. Every driver except for Max - most drivers - was asking for clarity but it wasn't very clear. It's still not clear what the limits of the track are."

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Is this even a thing

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but here