F1 2021 Season

hobbers

Amazing race so far though.

Hoping for a Max, Leclerc, Norris podium.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
100% on Russell that, like the kid all you want but some people go to outrageous extents to pretend he can do no wrong. Was the same last year at this track where people blamed the car for when he spun behind the SC.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Bottas did definitely twitch slightly.
Unfortunate incident but you can understand the reaction from Russell to also move slightly. Just unfortunate the grass is wet.

I can see why they'll blame each other on this one

Evans999

On the replay, it appears Bottas did veer right ever so slightly. GR must have shit himself.

hobbers

I don't even know if you can properly assign blame for that incident given the part of the track and the speed. Bottas definitely twitched but there was still room. Russell looks like he panicked in reaction and lost it.

Maybe more on Russell than Bottas but definitely a racing incident.

Jack-C20

This to me is why Russell isn't happy, he feels that Bottas moved over once he had started the move to overtake, pushing him to touch the grass
I’m still not sure who to blame entirely if anyone at all. George seems incredibly level headed and it’s strange seeing him so worked up. That said, the replays don’t help much and the one thing they undoubtedly show is George hitting Bottas. Will be interesting what the final take is. Also interesting what Mercedes will make of all this and the incident with Hamilton which also involved George Russell :nervous:

MTF

100% on Russell that, like the kid all you want but some people go to outrageous extents to pretend he can do no wrong. Was the same last year at this track where people blamed the car for when he spun behind the SC.
I like Russell but the accident is on him. Basically the track is too narrow and the braking zone starts at an angle. You need to be alongside before then to try a move. By the point he was at you're better off braking early and pulling out of the move, try again next lap.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
because ricciardo held him up.
It was a bit more to it than that, Lando was in 9th or 10th place after the first lap and didn’t spend that many laps behind Ricciardo once he caught up to him.

He was a lot faster after he passed him though.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
This race is going to clash with the United game now isn't it?

Leg-End

Tell you what as well, with Lewis it looks so clumsy in that gravel trap hitting his front wing but if he doesn’t do that he’s beached and out of the race.

I mean he does have gravel trap experience after all:lol:

Tiber

Very generous that half the field is able to unlap themselves

hobbers

"Valteri this is James, we need you to help unlap Lewis"

"feck off James"

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like Russell but the accident is on him. Basically the track is too narrow and the braking zone starts at an angle. You need to be alongside before then to try a move. By the point he was at you're better off braking early and pulling out of the move, try again next lap.
watch the replay from behind and look how much space bottas has inside him.

he’s either moved across for the corner not knowing russell is there or he did it intentionally to try and hold the position.

obviously russell dipping into the grass causes the contact but you can’t solely blame him at all.

Leg-End

That crash sort of masked an absolute stinker for Bottas anyway.

You would expect Hamilton to get up a few places from there but it’s a tough place for overtaking apart from the main straight.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
watch the replay from behind and look how much space bottas has inside him.

he’s either moved across for the corner not knowing russell is there or he did it intentionally to try and hold the position.

obviously russell dipping into the grass causes the contact but you can’t solely blame him at all.
I would just chalk it off as a racing incident and move on. Main thing is both drivers are OK. Neither has covered themselves in glory and its had the same result for them both.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Verstappen 1st. Perez 4th. Hamilton 9th. Bottas DNF.

Christian Horner is loving life right now.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Surely them soft tyres will drop off on Norris towards the end?