F1 2021 Season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think Mick Schumacker's teammate holds a Super License yet.
pretty sure you have to have one to race in f1?

I remember them saying in the last f2 race mazepin had to finish high up and take enough points to be valid for it, so I assume he did get it, but can't be certain.

F-Red

Mazepin has a super license already, he got it through his F2 results last year.

Abizzz

Looks alright from that perspective but horrible from the front. So much aero and then the way too small rear wing (regulation, I know).

I just can't see how kids could fall in love with F1 looking at these cars.

Luke1995

Will Valtteri Bottas be able to have a higher consistency this season ? It seems like every year he starts strong and later on, fades away from Lewis.

In part that is due to Lewis's ability to push an insane pace, but Rosberg managed to alternate wins with him over the 2016 season till the end.

This will be Bottas fifth Mercedes season, so I feel like it's now or never for him.

F-Red

Will Valtteri Bottas be able to have a higher consistency this season ? It seems like every year he starts strong and later on, fades away from Lewis.

In part that is due to Lewis's ability to push an insane pace, but Rosberg managed to alternate wins with him over the 2016 season till the end.

This will be Bottas fifth Mercedes season, so I feel like it's now or never for him.
Don't think so, he's had to self isolate over the last few days so its had an impact to his training for the new season. He'll be out of Mercedes at the end of the season.

Leg-End

Bottas is usually strong early doors, dips in the middle and then performs again when the pressure is off.

He will probably take a win or two early and Bottas 5.0 shite will be mentioned, when the chips are down he won't last. It's Max vs Lewis this year if Red Bull can get closer in quali, Max can carry them in the races.

Luke1995

What Rosberg did differently than Bottas, was he just mentally tougher ? Or perhaps, in his best ever days, he was as fast as Lewis ? It's interesting, what happened in 2016, really.

Right now, I think maybe the only person who could really challenge Lewis would be Max Verstappen, but we don't know if Red Bull will make a big improvement.

F-Red

What Rosberg did differently than Bottas, was he just mentally tougher ? Or perhaps, in his best ever days, he was as fast as Lewis ? It's interesting, what happened in 2016, really.
Perseverance and caught a lot of luck with it, the fact he retired after putting in that shift in 2016 was probably reflective of how much of the tank he emptied. I recall reading one excerpt from Rosberg in that he stopped cycling in 2016 as a way to reduce his leg muscle weight, just to get any marginal gain on Hamilton.

Luke1995

Perseverance and caught a lot of luck with it, the fact he retired after putting in that shift in 2016 was probably reflective of how much of the tank he emptied. I recall reading one excerpt from Rosberg in that he stopped cycling in 2016 as a way to reduce his leg muscle weight, just to get any marginal gain on Hamilton.
Makes sense. He gave everything he had that year. But yeah, perserverance and a little bit of luck. Hamilton is just a special, gifted individual.

redshaw

Hamilton had an unusual amount of mechanical failures in 2016 and Rosberg was good enough to make them count in his favour.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Drive To Survive season 3 is out March 19th

I've never really thought about what a shit title that is.

dinostar77

Theres two ways of looking at the Rosberg success of 2016. His view that his maginal gains of which there were many aided in his success i.e. diet, weight of his boots, gloves. Not sharing a bed with his wife during the season all contributed to it etc etc. Or the other view that if it wasn't for Hamilton's engine failure in Malaysia and the mechanical relaibility gremlins (they swapped some of the crew around for that season, much to lewis's annoyance) then lewis would have been champion.

Regardless Rosberg did the smart thing and retire knowing that lady luck wouldnt smile on him lile this again. Besides mentally it was too much as he told Tom Clarkson in the Beyond the Grid podcast.

As for Bottas, if (and i hope it doesnt happen) lewis retires at the end of the season then bottas will keep his seat. The team need a known benchmark and someone who can give feedback on the car for 2022 in relation to what came before it.

Leg-End

I actually think that looks decent, better than last years hastily thrown together one

dinostar77

I thought black livery was for only one season then return to the silver.

Cant wait for season to start, i think the pack will be closer from top to bottom well until the summer break (then bulk of resources get diverted to 2022).

Balljy

The Alpine is really nice. I don't like the small rear wing on any of the cars. I know it's that way for a reason but looks tiny in comparison to the rest of the car.

F-Red

For some years, this season could have one of the best grids for liveries.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hopefully Williams can leapfrog them this year.